• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Forum Changes...

Free episodes:

>

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We've got some changes to report in forum moderation.

Angelo, whom you all know as Angel of Ioren, is retiring from the forum wars. We are bidding him a sad goodbye as a Moderator, but he'll remain an active member of our community.

In his place, we welcome Wickerman1972, for years a regular and valued poster, as our new Moderator. Let's have a round of applause.

Here's Wickerman's forum bio for those who want to know more about his background:

I became interested in UFOs 15-20 years ago after attending a lecture by Robert Hastings at Kent State University. I got hooked over the ensuing years and purchased a couple hundred books on the topic. My conviction was probably at a peak 10 years or so in. But since then I've been growing more and more skeptical with each passing year as I've watched countless seemingly credible cases and researchers fall apart. In my opinion, some of the most baffling and interesting cases are multiple-witness close encounters such as Allagash, the Hills, and Kelly Cahill.

Congrats to Wickerman. I know he'll do well.

In case you're all wondering, I withdrew because I am starting a new job next week and I won't have enough time to work on the moderating. I'll still post to the forum though.

Thanks to the Paracast team for putting up with me.

A

best wishes to those leaving and those taking on the heavy task of folllowing in their footsteps!!
Bon voyage!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

and if i can help in any way, please let me know!

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

might be interesting to have the perspective of a U.K. listener on here, now and then!

You're welcome to post regardless.

We always welcome help in the forums. If anyone wants to get involved down and dirty -- maybe with Web coding/PHP programming, etc., we'd welcome the extra help.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Angelo, you were a welcome and valuable addition to our forums. We are happy you'll still be around.

Angelo, you were a welcome and valuable addition to our forums. We are happy you'll still be around.

I second that. 8)<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Congrats to Wickerman. I know he'll do well.

In case you're all wondering, I withdrew because I am starting a new job next week and I won't have enough time to work on the moderating. I'll still post to the forum though.

Thanks to the Paracast team for putting up with me.

A

Best wishes to my favorite paracast skeptic.

We've got some changes to report in forum moderation.

Angelo, whom you all know as Angel of Ioren, is retiring from the forum wars. We are bidding him a sad goodbye as a Moderator, but he'll remain an active member of our community.

In his place, we welcome Wickerman1972, for years a regular and valued poster, as our new Moderator. Let's have a round of applause.

Here's Wickerman's forum bio for those who want to know more about his background:

i am glad Angelo is not leaving the forum. i have made it known that i do not think regular posters make good moderators.
congrats and good luck to wickerman.

Thanks everyone and especially to Angelo for recommending me. If anyone sees anything that they believe needs tending to that I or someone else haven't noticed send me a PM.

Thanks everyone and especially to Angelo for recommending me. If anyone sees anything that they believe needs tending to that I or someone else haven't noticed send me a PM.

Wickerman1972 I think you will do a good job as long as you believe everything I say and never, ever ban me. ;)

Wickerman1972 I think you will do a good job as long as you believe everything I say and never, ever ban me. ;)

Thanks. It would take something very extreme for me to actually ban someone. Simply disagreeing with me wouldn't be even close to enough. Spamming is probably the #1 thing that might cause me to do that.

Hope this doesn't cause people to react differently to me. But considering the way members go off on Angelo and even Gene and Chris I don't think that will happen. :) If someone feels compelled to point out to me how and why something I've said is sprinkled with horseshit go right on ahead (Even I feel that way about some of my posts when looking at them again later).

how do you ban someone if you are not a moderator? please show me how!

Materials needed:
1 live chicken
1 old sock
2 witnesses
1 old tree stump

Procedure:
Complete the following steps in front of two witnesses.
1. Whirl the live chicken over head while repeating the name of person to be banned. Important! Continue until the chicken is dead. (note: failure to do so may result in a failure of step 2)
2. Stuff the chicken in the old sock. (tube socks work best)
3. Bury the sock under the old stump. The person will be banned come morning. If not, repeat until successful or you run out of chickens.

Materials needed:
1 live chicken
1 old sock
2 witnesses
1 old tree stump

Procedure:
Complete the following steps in front of two witnesses.
1. Whirl the live chicken over head while repeating the name of person to be banned. Important! Continue until the chicken is dead. (note: failure to do so may result in a failure of step 2)
2. Stuff the chicken in the old sock. (tube socks work best)
3. Bury the sock under the old stump. The person will be banned come morning. If not, repeat until successful or you run out of chickens.

i tried that on a couple previous moderators and it didnt work.... wait a minute.... they are both gone now... hmmm

Gratz Wickerman. I know you'll do a good job.

Angelo, I'm glad you'll still be around. We don't see eye to eye on most things, but you help keep me honest and discerning feelings vs facts.

And one more thing: Since Angelo's workload will be reduced with the arrival of another moderator, he has agreed to stay on in a reduced capacity.

Once you become a forum Moderator, you can never go back. :)

Thanks for all the great work.

Back