• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Haines observance

Free episodes:

leftystrat

Thermionic Elitist (not Tube Snob)
I think I have the name right. He's the fellow who has done all the extraordinary research into pilot ufo sightings.

He is obviously a man of integrity. I trust that his research is beyond reproach. I have a video on his work, which is thorough.

While listening to his most recent appearance, one thing struck me strangely: how can a man who almost has to watch the sun rise every day before he can state this is fact say that he believes in God and just takes it on faith? It seems incongruous.

[I am not debating religion - just pointing out something I find odd.]

I thought the same thing when he said that! It seemed oddly out of place, but then why not? The Bible does say that in God's realm there are many dwellings.

That was a very enjoyable show. I have a lot of respect for Dr. Haines.

As long as we are talking about that show... he mentioned an Australian sighting by a couple of pilots that observed a shape changing UFO that went from a sphere to a cigar and back again, over and over.

This reminded me of something I saw in the 1979 documentary "UFOs are Real". I had taped it off TV once, but hadn't watched it in many years.

4:40 into the film they show a film from July 1963 from Colorado.

It shows an object changing shape from a sphere to a stubby cigar shaped object when it's slowed down.

I seem to remember seeing another video of something similar, but can't remember where.

Google Video - UFOs are Real (1979)

It's a good movie, until they get to the end, and talk about that one armed guy. ::) But I guess back then people didnt know yet.

I guess its because many people separate their belief in a religious God from their other day-to-day convictions and ways of viewing the world.

Often times hypocritical.

I recently read a book by Francis Collins who was the head of the Human Genome Project. The book was "The Language of God", a really excellent read in my opinion. And I can understand the belief in a god, because in fact I do believe in some kind of god although I couldn't tell you anything about it/him/her/whatever. Anyway, he goes on to end his book talking about his Christian faith.

And I'm thinking geeez, what a disconnect!! Like I said I understand the belief in god, but don't understand the leap to a specific faith like Christianity. I mean it's a big leap from "I believe in a god" to " I believe in Jesus and the Bible". It's as if people HAVE to make some choice of the established religions. And this is where I get totally confused by people that do this for no apparent good reason. I mean, thats fine for them, but to me it just doesn't make sense. It's like one and one equaling three.

And I'm thinking geeez, what a disconnect!! Like I said I understand the belief in god, but don't understand the leap to a specific faith like Christianity. I mean it's a big leap from "I believe in a god" to " I believe in Jesus and the Bible".

I suppose I'd say that it's a larger leap from nothing to belief than from belief to a specific one, but that's just me.

In Dr. Haines' case, it just seems that he requires absolute proof for everything except his religious belief system. And I'm not assigning a value to that - I'm just making mention of it.

What's that old one about the dyslexic insomniac agnostic staying up all night to find out whether there really is a dog....

[ducking and running with dog]

I suppose I'd say that it's a larger leap from nothing to belief than from belief to a specific one, but that's just me.

Im not sure I agree with that. The fact that there are so many SKUs in the 'God & Religion Shop' indicates to me that these products are designed to capitalise on a human need. So actually selecting one of these 'products' and attaching one's self to it seems entirely irrational.

But the the less committal act of just accepting an 'intelligent other' of some description, and labelling that "God" seems to make more sense to me.

That's how I see it anyway. (sorry for the retail analogy :D)

Back