• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Belated Blackbird?

Free episodes:

Even a Blackbird couldn'r reach that kinda speed I reckon although it does look like one. Footage cuts off too quickly to be sure but I think there was no sound you'd expect from a jet? Just my own thinking and could be all wrong.
Anyone think it's fake? I can't tell...

Maybe something like this ...

Size and speed are deceptive with smaller models at closer range.
Check out this video ...
These aren't very loud at a distance. Listen close in the
alleged UFO video and you can hear it in the
background noise at the very start.

I agree although my gut tells me it's still to fast, even taking into account the reduced scale....but it's hard to tell and those RC's can go some ridiculous speeds which really, makes them incredibly dangerous.

I don't know why, but my initial feeling is that the video is fake. Is there any background on it? Like why did they have the camera set up filming that otherwise unassuming area at the exact moment that super fast craft shot from one end of the middle of the view to the other? And it's really hard to tell since its so small but the shape of it appears mostly conventional to me.

Maybe someone souped up their SR-71? :cool:

I have to agree that I think it looks like there's too much speed for it to be a clever angle on an RC model, but I also don't have any personal experience with RCs so maybe I'm wrong.

but I think there was no sound you'd expect from a jet? Just my own thinking and could be all wrong.

Just realized the main part of the video is a slow motion replay. So yeah--it would be too fast unless it were going supersonic which it out or the question for that altitude and location. And the SR-71 engine noise is ear-splitting.

A GCI fake or a hoax involving an RC model are two good explanations.

I agree although my gut tells me it's still to fast, even taking into account the reduced scale....but it's hard to tell and those RC's can go some ridiculous speeds which really, makes them incredibly dangerous.

Used to fly RC Planes but they cost way to much and when they crash they tend to disintegrate.. so I just stick to RC ships these days as it is very unlikely that they will sink... well only had one do that ever and it was due to a speed boat RC model crashing into the side of her.. :mad: .. took a bit to fix.

Anyway off topic.

Used to fly RC Planes but they cost way to much and when they crash they tend to disintegrate.. so I just stick to RC ships these days as it is very unlikely that they will sink... well only had one do that ever and it was due to a speed boat RC model crashing into the side of her.. :mad: .. took a bit to fix.

Anyway off topic.

I want to hang out with you, Stonehart. Disintegrating RC planes and engaging in sea battles sounds like fun! :)

I have seen those RC jet models perform at airshows. They do indeed go very fast, but I didn't see one go quite this fast. That object was moving at bullet speeds, in my humble opinion.
It's either a hoax, a bird/bug close to the camera, or much as I hate them, a hoax.

Ya, your gut will tell you the first video is too slow, but the second video makes that queasy feeling go away pretty fast.

If this was one of our aircraft moving that fast, you would be filming in that field naked because the shock wave would have blown your clothes off.

If this was one of our aircraft moving that fast, you would be filming in that field naked because the shock wave would have blown your clothes off.

That is why my thinking has turned to scale RC plane at close range as others have pointed out as well.
Scale planes can look like they are moving very fast when filmed at close range.......... could be wrong but if the shirt fits...

Oh and welcome to the Paracast Forums

I looked at the film again, and I do think it looks similar to the SR-71, but it still seems to be too fast for a R/C to me.

What I don't understand is the shifting scale of the object in question. In the second blow up you can see a defined shape but in the third blow up with the sign the object suddenly has been reduced significantly, instead of being proportionally bigger? Hoax most likely.

What I don't understand is the shifting scale of the object in question. In the second blow up you can see a defined shape but in the third blow up with the sign the object suddenly has been reduced significantly, instead of being proportionally bigger? Hoax most likely.

Yeah true that. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

Back