• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Apples And Oranges....

Free episodes:

Simone_m

Skilled Investigator
Re. the thread title, that 'saying' I understand, means, "This thing ain't got to do with that thing, they are two seperate things." < I know, sounds like 'Sopranos'-speak).
I had just come across a link via the coasttocoastam website, of all places. It's Ufologist Kevin Randle's blog describing apparently hostile behaviour on the part of Robert Salas.
At the Roswell festival. (Thats not very festive!)
http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2011/07/roswell-festival.html
Over their bookselling turfs. (Boyz in the Ufo hood!)
In the wake of the Imbrogno shockers, I took my mind off Ufologists, and remembered back to a starry summer night in 1979. Me and a gal friend were sitting outside skywatching, across the street from her house in a large darkened sporting field on some bleecher benches, with a boombox and disco cassettes. Suddenly, from the West going east, was this formation of ......I don't know. Round things. The size of about a penny at arm's length, in a straight line, side by side, totally silent, about 7 of them, each a dim orange, like cooling heated steel, with a fluttering around their paremiters.
I know what they WEREN''T! They weren't Ufologists or Ufo books.
This 'phenomenon' is not Ufology, and Ufology is not this phenomenon. Apples and Oranges. I've decided, that if every Ufology participant bails, each one for his own reason, something flies over head, looking down at it, seperate from it.

Good point Simone. Did you see that picture of the panel? How did they get Randle and Schmitt to sit next to one another? They look like school boys in detention. While we are talking fruit, it appears that Schmitt and Imbrogno are both the same kind, lemons.

Which begs the question. Is the ufowatchdog entry on Schmitt correct? If so, how is he getting a free pass now?

I thought Don and Tom both looked uncomfortable, like they were grimacing in pain. Everyone is getting old, grouchy, and sick, I suppose. (No, I know!)
Yeah, all these free passes in Ufology. I was listening to a 'progressive' radio talker the other day, and people were upset calling in saying stuff like, "I thought Obama was gonna do this and that!..." And the host reminded the listeners that Obama's running was "A vague campaign of Hope And Change". "It was a rorschach test! You all saw what you decided to see!" And I thought to myself, "UFOs are flying rorschach tests! Everyone sees one, and 'sees' everything ranging from epic battlestar galactica-type sagas, to Jinns!"
I have gone through extreme ups and downs with Ufos, (psyops, totally mundane misidentifications en mass, ultraterrestrials, interdimensionals, on and on and on, even questioning my own memory's reliability. (Until I found some very old things in my personal ufo paper accumulations which show my ufo descriptions have been pretty consistent over the years.)
But humans on this earth USE the flying ufo rorschach tests for their own desires.
I was deeply pondering dishonesty, corruption, and greed, in Ufology today. QUESTION: What would Ufology be like, if the PROFIT factor (Annnnnd the CELEBRITY factor as well,) were BANNED from UFOLOGY? Could that even be done? Or would it be like trying to herd cats? And is that a dumb question?!

Good point Simone. Did you see that picture of the panel? How did they get Randle and Schmitt to sit next to one another? They look like school boys in detention.

Ha ha ha! That picture! Stanton looks like he's the only one having any fun. The rest of them look like their trying to hold their breath because someone had really bad gas.

But seriously simone, I do agree that just because humans are humans does not make the UFO/UAP phenomena go away.

What do you think of my question,
" What would Ufology be like, if the PROFIT factor (Annnnnd the CELEBRITY factor as well,) were BANNED from UFOLOGY? Could that even be done? Or would it be like trying to herd cats? And is that a dumb question"

Because, just think of the progress towards actual answers that could be made, if such were so.
I TRULY BELEEV!

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

HEY all you guys. I found something just FASCINATING!

This little radio interview with CUFOS' Dr. Mark Rodeghier, from merely February. By this outfit called 'Clever Apes WBEZ's Science Experiment'.
http://www.wbez.org/blog/clever-apes/2011-02-14/clever-apes-studying-ufos-82206#

Speaking of money and Ufos! Funding (VERSUS) (profit).

Mark says some real thought provoking stuff, considering the very short time he has to speak, here. About how the Ufo phenomenon -seems- to keep us from investigating it, by changing. Yeah, that formation I saw, I never saw anything like that again. ("Round things".) Well, he comments about funding and scientific investigation, versus Ufos and no funding, therefore........no scientific investigation. I'm glad I discovered this. It's a gem.

How much of a celebrity factor is there? I mean, I have to be honest ~~ a lot of "celebrities" involved in ufology seem to be known in relatively obscure circles. This may change, but many times when people start dropping names on sites like this one, I tend to be like, "Eh-- whozat?"

Back