• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Best Resources to See Authentic UFO Pictures and Videos

Free episodes:

technomage

Paranormal Adept
Can anyone recommend any websites that have UFO pictures and videos that have gone through some sort of authentication process by people with some knowledge of photography and videography?

There are websites out there with pictures and videos, but you don't know what's real and what's fake. There's that You Tube site that has the top UFO videos of the month and the video compilations are well put together with excellent music, and even though the author says the videos are reviewed for authenticity, I have no way of knowing how many of those videos are well done hoaxes that a professional in the field would be able to spot.

I understand that it takes time to do a very thorough analysis, but I'm talking about a website that weeds out fakes that can be identified relatively quickly by someone with some knowledge of photography/videography. This way, you know you're looking at some credible documentation at least.

Are there any sites you can recommend?

Technomaget! Are you reading my mind? :) I'm sitting here at my house reading "Shockingly Close to the Truth" thinking on that same wave length. My thought was are their any websites out there dedicated to exploiting the Hoaxes? I'm not sure about any website's out there like that, but it would be cool for beginners to have a place, where they could sift through the signal and the noise. Maybe the Paracast could have a thread/forum dedicated to frauds. They could do weekly polls on specific cases and let everybody participate, so that beginners can at least see the majority consensus on those cases. That way a thread is set up to refrence frauds and fakes, hence making it easier to focus on stuff of more importance. I think that would be a good way to get younger generations involved in UFO's, because they wouldn't have to sort through all the clean and dirty laundry. User friendly refrence guides are a smart way to go for Ufology, because the younger generations are looking at 60+ years of material they'll have to sort through, and nobody likes cleaning up a big mess. The Paracast is a good place to be, because Gene and Chris have pretty healthy mind sets when it comes to the UFO subject. Hopefully, The Paracast will continue to grow and catch the attention of the younger demographic. It is my opinion that they are intrested, but the hook has to be baited just right to hook em so they can be reeled into the subject. For me, I perfer reading about a case rather than looking at photographic evidence, because photos are hard to decipher unless your a professional. The way I see it the more documented information the better. Although a photo or two is cool from time to time. Good luck with your studies and have fun! P.S Maybe something as we have suggested exists in the forums. Could anyone point us to it's location?

I think having a section in the forum to review photos and videos is a great idea. Voting and commentary could be instituted and everyone would benefit from the forum members who could help weed out the hoaxes.

Does anyone here know if digital pics and videos can be completely authenticated ? The cheap stuff is low hanging fruit. But can fakes concocted by experts be decisively evaluated by experts ?

Back