• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

BOLS, aka 'orbs'

Free episodes:

Constance

Paranormal Adept
I haven't been able to locate a thread devoted to this subject so I would like to start one by posting this video obtained with an infrared camera by Win Keech, a crop circle researcher in the UK. Here is his introduction to the video, followed by the video.

"Third time lucky! Seems F-Burks don't want me posting this! These are BOLs that I filmed marking out the Southfield Swallow formation in 2008, a couple of days before it appeared. I was stood at the bottom of Knapp Hill filming this, chatting to Geaof Ward. Neither of us could see this by eye - only the IR cams could. Obviously ignore the cars crossing the Alton Barnes road and the odd chopper/plane flying past. This is digitally zoomed and the gamma reduced for easier viewing - link is here, Win. x"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//Swallow formation BOLs - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

{is there a device by which I can directly embed videos here?}

I haven't been able to locate a thread devoted to this subject so I would like to start one by posting this video obtained with an infrared camera by Win Keech, a crop circle researcher in the UK. Here is his introduction to the video, followed by the video.

Looks to me like the video involves time lapse night photography near an airport.
If you do a search for Orbs and check the box marked "Search Titles Only", you'll find other threads dedicated to Orbs and similar stuff.
To embed video, e.g. a YouTube video:
  • go to the video on YouTube,
  • select the "Embed" tab below the video,
  • copy the code,
  • come back to The Paracast,
  • select the "Post Reply" button ( or whatever ),
  • select the icon in the toolbar that says Media,
  • paste the code in there,
  • select the "Embed" link, and
  • presto! You're done.

Here's a general Help page: BB Codes | The Paracast Community Forums

Re the possibility of an airport being visible at the location of the first video I posted, I've emailed a researcher in Wiltshire and asked if that's the case.

Re the possibility of an airport being visible at the location of the first video I posted, I've emailed a researcher in Wiltshire and asked if that's the case.
It looks pretty obvious to me. There are certain fainter lights in the sky that appear fixed in relation to each other. Those are probably planets or stars, and they're moving fast enough off to the right to indicate that the film is a time lapse. The grouping of lights on the right hand side looks like an air terminal, and the lights descending and taking off near it behave like aircraft ( sped up because of the time lapse ). I don't know about the big close up things, but it looks like it's been filmed from up on a ridge, so maybe there's a road below or even low flying aircraft. That's my impression of it anyway.

Google Earth reveals airfields in the vicinity.

It looks pretty obvious to me. There are certain fainter lights in the sky that appear fixed in relation to each other. Those are probably planets or stars, and they're moving fast enough off to the right to indicate that the film is a time lapse. The grouping of lights on the right hand side looks like an air terminal, and the lights descending and taking off near it behave like aircraft ( sped up because of the time lapse ). I don't know about the big close up things, but it looks like it's been filmed from up on a ridge, so maybe there's a road below or even low flying aircraft. That's my impression of it anyway.

I don't think the video is a time lapse, but I will check with Win Keech to be sure. I'll add his reply to the information concerning the nearest airfield to the location where the video was obtained when I receive it. As to the video having been filmed from up on a ridge, my impression was that it was across a road on the same level as the field, near one of the many hills in Wiltshire. You'll note the flashes in the foreground produced by headlights, which Win identified in his brief written introduction.

Actually, you said off to the right in the video. Those might be village lights. Wiltshire is a very rural county.

Here is the video I tried to post before, showing BOLs filmed and videotaped in a variety of crop circles, and including brief interviews with crop circle researchers about them. 15 min.

Well, no I evidently can't post it, even having found and used the embedding devices here, and even though it's from YouTube. Card came up saying 'You cannot post a video from this location'.

Anyway, it's a very good video. Maybe y'all will follow this link to see it ~~~

Balls Of Light - (Crop Circles) - YouTube

Back