• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Classic clip

Free episodes:

boomerang

Paranormal Adept
This video of Senator Barry Goldwater has been around for decades. I see it frequently discussed, but the clip itself seems to be fading into history.

I consider it a good example of why the ufo phenomenon remains an ill defined but genuine mystery. For those under the age of Medicare, Goldwater was a staunch nuts-and-bolts conservative and hardly an esoteric kind of guy. One explanation might be Goldwater's contribution to dis-info motivated by cold war patriotism. But that seems a stretch.

This video of Senator Barry Goldwater has been around for decades. I see it frequently discussed, but the clip itself seems to be fading into history.

I consider it a good example of why the ufo phenomenon remains an ill defined but genuine mystery. For those under the age of Medicare, Goldwater was a staunch nuts-and-bolts conservative and hardly an esoteric kind of guy. One explanation might be Goldwater's contribution to dis-info motivated by cold war patriotism. But that seems a stretch.

Did anyone ever ask Goldwater how he heard about "the room" or "the spaceship" in the first place? It would be very interesting to know where he heard about it originally and why he thought it was "real" enough to ask LeMay about it.

I've often wondered that myself. I mean, it is a very specific thing to ask Gen. LeMae about 'the room at Wright-Patterson where you keep all the UFO stuff'.

It totally seems Sen.Goldwater must have heard rumours a little stronger than usual UFO-lore to be asking those questions.

Oh boy.... lol.... Sen. Goldwater called... (secured phone line ?) and asked a General on that (probably unsecured) phone line if there was a secret room in Wright-Patterson LOL.

Simple question: Would a general divulge secrets (UFO related or not) potentially having national security implications during a phone conversation ? I can just imagine Gen. LeMae cussing: 'This %!@# idiot is asking me this on the phone' LOL Goldwater didn't clue in that 'maybe' the phone might be tapped. :rolleyes:

Indeed, well put.

Are we sure it was a phone-conversation? Is it possible/likely that a Senator would have a secure line installed in his government office?

But yes, Ezechiel, you are spot-on and really if a senator was going to ask a general something so sensitive, you would imagine he would do it in person?

Did anyone ever ask Goldwater how he heard about "the room" or "the spaceship" in the first place? It would be very interesting to know where he heard about it originally and why he thought it was "real" enough to ask LeMay about it.

Seems to me Goldwater probably heard the rumor about the secret room with alien artifacts through Keyhoe and his network of contacts.

BTW: The UFO phenomenon is no longer ill defined ( at least not by us a USI ;) ), but the word definitely has been ( and still is ) misrepresented and misused both inside and outside the ufology community.

Back