• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cool Q&A session with Nick Pope on Reddit for your enjoyment :)

Free episodes:

I vaguely remember agreeing to some Forum Guidelines when I joined up but naturally didn't read them, so I don't know just how STRONGLY I am allowed to express my UTTER CONTEMPT for Nick Pope.

I vaguely remember agreeing to some Forum Guidelines when I joined up but naturally didn't read them, so I don't know just how STRONGLY I am allowed to express my UTTER CONTEMPT for Nick Pope.
I share your scepticism of Mr Pope and his agenda.Contempt is a bit strong for me.Having sworn the official secrets act myself I find it odd how he has popped his head over the parapet and I feel that he may have realised the depth of interest in the ufo subject and jumped on the bandwagon somewhat.

I'm curious about Nick Pope criticism. What are some specific things that set people off about him? Any contradictory statements? Or does he endorse notorious people/events as authentic, or does he seem 'compromised' in some way? Bad research? What's the deal?

I'm curious about Nick Pope criticism. What are some specific things that set people off about him? Any contradictory statements? Or does he endorse notorious people/events as authentic, or does he seem 'compromised' in some way? Bad research? What's the deal?
Mr. Pope was calling himself the 'former head of the Ministry of Defence UFO desk' when in fact he was a low level employee. He also made a statement for everyone to keep their eyes on the sky looking for ufos during the London Olympics when in fact he was doing PR work for a Sony Playstation game about aliens. There is also the point that Pope signed a secrecy act paper and you see him popping up talking about his former position and work.

Last edited:
Mr. Pope was calling himself the 'former head of the Ministry of Defence' UFO desk' when in fact he was a low level employee. He also made a statement for everyone to keep their eyes on the sky looking for ufos during the London Olympics when in fact he was doing PR work for a Sony Playstation game. There is also the point that Pope signed a secrecy act paper and you see him popping talking about his former position and work.
I didn't know he worked for the MOD for 21 years.

Mr. Pope was calling himself the 'former head of the Ministry of Defence' UFO desk' when in fact he was a low level employee.He also made a statement for everyone to keep their eyes on the sky looking for ufos during the London Olympics when in fact he was doing PR work for a Sony Playstation game.

Seriously? That's inexcusably lame, if it's accurate.

There is also the point that Pope signed a secrecy act paper and you see him popping talking about his former position and work.

I heard him draw lines in the recent Paracast interview, explaining that he wasn't allowed to discuss certain details because of the secrecy statement. I don't know that the secrecy statement precludes him from acknowledging his position or work at all, but more likely it keeps him from acknowledging files or data that is classified to a certain degree.

Seriously? That's inexcusably lame, if it's accurate.

I heard him draw lines in the recent Paracast interview, explaining that he wasn't allowed to discuss certain details because of the secrecy statement. I don't know that the secrecy statement precludes him from acknowledging his position or work at all, but more likely it keeps him from acknowledging files or data that is classified to a certain degree.
When you fudge the truth about your resume or use your former position to advertise computer games it's best to do one thing... shut your mouth.

Back