• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Damsels In Distress

Free episodes:

Simone_m

Skilled Investigator
I was over at a certain ufo pub. reading an article with comments, mentioning a certain gal and her travails with some of Ufology's creeps. (Hint, was a big controversy) When I first heard of this controversy here, I regrett that I had sorta a harsh reaction without knowing the further facts, due to my own experience some decades ago with a BPD friend. I now empathize with and understand said "gal", and I think she was in the right to relentlessly pursue justice toward treatment that was outrageously innapropriate and unprofessional.
Some of her 'nice guys' on her side though, were never nice to me. To say the very least. Like, Oh My God. (Should I tell the stories, should I not, should I, should I not,.......)
I like how above-referred to article addresses sexism in Ufology.
But why do I have the powerfull psychic feeling, that if I approached said pub., weepily needing sympathy, empathy, justice and vengeance, I'd most likely never even get acknowledged? I mean, I could be wrong.........

I'm always on the outside looking in, in this field. Like that one Tarot card of the homeless looking guy outside in the winter snow at night, looking in at people around the fireplace and dinner.

I don't know what any one of you could say to this. I'm just venting, I suppose.

Boogers -- I can't seem to be able to open the article! But numerous "~isms", unfortunately, are prevalent in many facets of this world. :(

Back