• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Denver UFO Skeptics Better Entomologists Than Actual Entomologists

Free episodes:

exo_doc

Foolish Earthling
Here is a showcae story showing how some skeptics (in this case Phil Plait) range way outside their field of expertise and make pronouncements and judgments by decree, ...even if it contradicts findings by experts in those fields.
Here is a news story about the Denver UFO being filmed by a news crew. They interview TWO seperate insect experts who BOTH say what's on the video is NOT an insect.
Then along comes Phil Plait....here's a slice of what he said.....;

In his Bad Astronomy blog on the daily Slate web magazine, astronomer and skeptic Phil Plait said flat out, "Those aren't UFOs. Those are bugs. Insects flying around in front of the camera. Insects that can hover, change direction, zip away. Insects that look like blobs because they're close to the camera ... Insects which were lit by the sun so they flash a bit when they change direction."
But how does Plait really feel about all of this?
"I know: UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, and since no one could identify them, these are by definition UFOs. Except they aren't. They're insects."

So, .........what? Phil Plait Astronomer Extraordinaire is now a bug expert too? He is now able to say the other two bug experts were wrong?
Look, I don't know what to make of this video, it looks genuine and mysterious to me,...and I'm not saying it shows alien craft or flying humanoids or whatever.
What pisses me off royally is for Phil to make such a blanket statement without really investigating first and doing a thorough analysis FIRST. And totally discounting the bug experts to boot!
Judge for yourself....here's the news link;
Denver UFOs (Or Flying Insects) Still Have The Mile-High City Abuzz

Nothin new here Exo - is it not par for the course for the skeptics to roam far from any field of expertise they do actually have!

Back