• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Gilbert Jordan

Free episodes:

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
Has anyone ever heard or know any details about this guy. I am told that he has some top secret clearances and was employeed by the military to study an object that resembled Bob Whites funky molton thing. Supposedly while working for the military he also saw a UFO that was recovered in the 40's.

Anyone have any information about him?

I am Dr. Robert H. Gibbons, former Executive Director of the Museum of the Unexplained. Dr. Gilbert Jordan is listed in "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" and went on record that he had seen a metallic object similar to the Bob White object at the Dugway Proving Ground. He showed us his ID cards and credentials. The CIC file 202085 "Flying Saucer from Denmark" shows this object. Next Wednesday, May 6th, the History Channel's UFO Hunters show will feature the Bob White encounter and show new scientific tests on the object. Robert H. Gibbons

I am Dr. Robert H. Gibbons, former Executive Director of the Museum of the Unexplained. Dr. Gilbert Jordan is listed in "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" and went on record that he had seen a metallic object similar to the Bob White object at the Dugway Proving Ground. He showed us his ID cards and credentials. The CIC file 202085 "Flying Saucer from Denmark" shows this object. Next Wednesday, May 6th, the History Channel's UFO Hunters show will feature the Bob White encounter and show new scientific tests on the object. Robert H. Gibbons
I have the PDF's of the CIC files but they do not mention him. (unless I have missed something it has been a while) Do you know where I can find an account of exactly what he has said? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the article. In it, you are mentioned as follows.

"DR. ROBERT GIBBONS, ONE THE FIRST NASA SCIENTISTS TO USE LASERS AS A RESEARCH TOOL. DR GIBBONS HAS STATED THAT THERE IS A POSSIBLITY THAT THERE IS ENCODED INFORMATION IN THE BOB WHITE OBJECT SIMILAR TO A LASER DISC. MORE TESTS ARE NEEDED TO CONFIRM THIS, BUT THE MATERIAL DOES SHOW MANY CHARACTERISTICS UNDER LASER LIGHT. THESE TESTS WERE PERFORMED BY THE MUSEUM'S RESEARCH TEAM IN MISSOURI."

Have you had a chance to study this aspect more closely?

I did the original laser tests a couple of years ago in the Museum. I did them again about a month ago for the UFO Hunters show to air next Wednesday night. I wasn't satisfied with the results and asked that the tests not be included in the program. We need to polish the samples and do more extensive tests. Dr. Robert H. Gibbons

Thanks for the article. In it, you are mentioned as follows.

"DR. ROBERT GIBBONS, ONE THE FIRST NASA SCIENTISTS TO USE LASERS AS A RESEARCH TOOL. DR GIBBONS HAS STATED THAT THERE IS A POSSIBLITY THAT THERE IS ENCODED INFORMATION IN THE BOB WHITE OBJECT SIMILAR TO A LASER DISC. MORE TESTS ARE NEEDED TO CONFIRM THIS, BUT THE MATERIAL DOES SHOW MANY CHARACTERISTICS UNDER LASER LIGHT. THESE TESTS WERE PERFORMED BY THE MUSEUM'S RESEARCH TEAM IN MISSOURI."

Have you had a chance to study this aspect more closely?

I don't see how that is possible. I must not understand how information is encoded onto a Laser Disc as well as I thought I did. How could something that was obviously molten when it was ejected have "encoded information ...similar to a laser disc?"

The Bob White object appears to be the product of a metal grinding process and in my opinion has been debunked well enough to accept it as such. If Gibbons seriously entertains the idea of laser encoded messages in it, your skeptic's radar should be pinging.

I received the following email from Robert H. Gibbons:

The Museum of the Unexplained closed a number of years ago and Bob White, owner of the unknown object, has died, and so has his wife. I haven't done any further research on the unknown object. Robert H. Gibbons

Back