• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Good documentary

Free episodes:

The Truth Behind - UFO Documentary ( 2011 )

ufology I hope you will not take this as a personal attack but I do not trust National Geographic as they are instrument of the elite. This particular film, I felt, was about debunking UFOs. If it said anything at all it was about the culture of the United States.
The film below I think did a much better investigation into the UFO phenomenon. I prefer the explanation of these people about what is going on and I learned a lot more from this film.
It starts taking about extraterrestrials and UFOs at about 36 minutes and 12 seconds. However I think it really starts at 33 minutes and 33 second when it talks about monsters (i.e) people are petrified, if they have a camera they forget to use it, they loose track of time, and if they turn away the monster disappears.

ufology I hope you will not take this as a personal attack but I do not trust National Geographic as they are instrument of the elite. This particular film, I felt, was about debunking UFOs. If it said anything at all it was about the culture of the United States.
No worries flipper. There's a big difference between being critical of the content and critical of the person who posts it. Besides, I'm fairly thick skinned after my trial by fire over on the JREF forum, so even if you were a bit provocative or critical, but in a constructive way, I wouldn't take any particular offense to it ( but you might be asked to substantiate your position :) ). The video wasn't actually produced by National Geographic, but "for National Geographic", and I've seen Nat Geo's quality slide for years now in terms of its research standards. I guess they are trying to make a buck to stay alive in journalism like everyone else, and in today's world that means more compromises than ever before.
The film below I think did a much better investigation into the UFO phenomenon. I prefer the explanation of these people about what is going on and I learned a lot more from this film.
What are the top three things you learned that qualify in your mind as "a lot more"?
It starts taking about extraterrestrials and UFOs at about 36 minutes and 12 seconds. However I think it really starts at 33 minutes and 33 second when it talks about monsters (i.e) people are petrified, if they have a camera they forget to use it, they loose track of time, and if they turn away the monster disappears.

I'll have another look, but my first attempt resulted in me skipping past a lot of things because it came across to me as part of the fringe "spiritual" movement connected with ufology, which IMO is largely nonsense. Is there a particular aspect of this that you think I should take more seriously? Why?

Just viewed a most excellent ufo documentary on Netlfix:

"Best Evidence
Top Ten UFO Sightings"

The cases and people presented are top notch.

I just went to add this to the top of my queue and I couldn't find it. Maybe a different title? I see the best evidence series from 2005, and I see the old secret evidence video from the 90s, but I WANT to see this documentary you are referring to. The only thing I find on Netflix that even has top ten in the title is a TV series. Maybe only available via streaming?.

edit: Ah, I used me brain and magically we have video.

The National Geographic Society is doing a pretty good job of staying alive:

ngs_headquarters_2011_02.jpg

About the National Geographic Society – National Geographic Society Press Room
What are the top three things you learned that qualify in your mind as "a lot more"?
If this is school I failed the test. I learned how the one seers see. I learned how some people see our place in this cosmology of confusing existence. I learned not to walk on little knolls. By walking around one with this thought in mind, I found two golf balls I would have missed (like a present.)
It was great not having a narrator and letting people speak for themselves Definitely not a film for people in a hurry. I watched it three segments. I am always interested in other peoples views on this subject, what ever they are.

Last edited:
The National Geographic Society is doing a pretty good job of staying alive:

Notice in the photo there's nobody there. Maybe that's their only customer parked out front? No, if you look close that looks like somebody stopped to buy a paper from the vending box :p. Actually you could be right. I was just making a presumption based on the challenges I've heard from other magazine and newspaper publishers. I haven't actually heard anything from Nat Geo.

I just went to add this to the top of my queue and I couldn't find it. Maybe a different title? I see the best evidence series from 2005, and I see the old secret evidence video from the 90s, but I WANT to see this documentary you are referring to. The only thing I find on Netflix that even has top ten in the title is a TV series. Maybe only available via streaming?.

Thanks I will watch it when I get time.

national geo, has been a c.i.a funded front all my life, but spying has changed, propaganda channels have changed, i dont think it is as important to the c.i.a. as it used to be, they can get the info without feet on the ground now.

Thank you for posting this. It filled in some gaps for me.
Flipper

Back