• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Horten 229

Free episodes:

Han

piscator ψ
Hello all I am half way through watching a documentary on channel 4 (uk) called "World War II: The untold stories, Hitler's Stealth Fighter"
basically its about the horten 229 (a super advanced Jet stealth fighter/bomber) and it also mentions an operation code named "seahorse".
I would be very gratefull if anybody who knows about this operation and the Horten 229 could direct me to further information thanks alot H

Operation Seahorse recovered/looted German planes and tech and shipped them to the USA in boxcars. From there, most were left out in the open on a pier for a few years. The ones that could fly were flown to Wright AFB. After that, some guy who's name I can't remember was recalled to service to do something about the ones left. They then became a part of the Paul Garber Restoration Facility (Paul E. Garber Preservation, Restoration and Storage Facility).

The Horten craft are supposed to have been in the above shipment, but weren't in any of the manifests. One was rebuilt for the National Geo a couple of years back ( Re-created)

If you're really interested, there are FOIA documents that show the interest in the Horten brothers. They couldn't be allowed to go to the Russians and were sought in a counter intelligence operation. You can download the 10mb file from (right click) http://foia.abovetopsecret.com/ultimate_UFO/UFO_GOVT/ARMY/ArmyCICUFOFiles.pdf

You'll see some interesting stuff in the file as a whole, but the references to Horten are p22 and particularly pages 44-109.

There were two operations involved 'Harass' and 'Flying Saucer.' The last name was due to US concerns that 'flying saucers' were not only 'real' as Keyhoe put it, but enemy aircraft. The files date back to 1948 and suggest that US Intelligence still had no idea about 'flying saucers' or what we now call the UFO phenomena. It's also suggestive that if anything 'odd' was recovered in Roswell or elsewhere, they remained of mysterious origin. Very interesting stuff, huh?

ETA: a good site...http://greyfalcon.us/US%20Saucers.htm

Back