• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Large orange disk drops cow

Free episodes:

Psychedelic_Alchemist

Paranormal Maven
Interesting report from Linda Moulton Howe. What do you think of this one, Chris?

Large Orange Disc Cuts Tall Pines Into Circle and Drops Cow

“I think the orange disc dropped the cow in the tree!”

- Pam Conley, retired registered nurse, Florence, So. Carolina

PamOrangeDiscTilting3LightsVerticalHeadline.jpg

Large orange glowing disc with dark portholes around the middle tilted back
and forth (that's why 3 positions above) at the top of tall pine trees while a
vertical line of evenly spaced bright lights remained stationary over cow
pasture. A large cow was later found dead in the top of one of those
40-foot-high pines. Illustration © 2014 by Pam Conley.

March 28, 2014 Albuquerque, New Mexico - One of my first exposures to the presence of silver or orange glowing discs linked to mutilated animals or carcasses found hanging from tree branches was my interview with Washington State's Snohomish County Sheriff's Deputy Jerry Phillips about his firsthand investigations of Sasquatch, UFOs and animal mutilations in 1977. He told me there were dozens of unusual, bloodless animal deaths in the Snohomish area similar to the several thousand animal mutilation cases reported worldwide since at least the 1960s, and probably decades before.

Deputy Phillips said that one of the strangest cases was a large deer found hanging from a tree limb by the skin of its neck at least fourteen feet off the ground. Deputy Phillips examined the carcass himself and said there were odd, bloodless excisions of tissue from various parts of the deer's body — exactly as he had been finding in cattle and other animals in the Snohomish area. Many residents had seen silver or orange-red fiery-looking discs in the Snohomish skies and he personally had become convinced that there was a direct link between the discs, bloodless animal mutilations, Sasquatch and the deer hung high on a limb.

Now comes this extraordinary eyewitness description of an orange-red disc with dark portholes around its rim that hovered tilting back and forth over 50-foot-pine trees near her North Carolina home. Pam Conley grew up in North Carolina where she graduated high school and went on to work as a registered nurse until retirement. Now at age 65, she has moved to Florence, South Carolina.

But her story begins in Fall 1976 in Statesville, North Carolina. She was married then with children. That evening she was puzzled about why her dog was agitated and why the cows were pressed up against a fence close to the house as if seeking shelter from a danger that Pam could not see. Staying up to watch television while her family went to sleep, it was 2 AM when Pam 's dog again erupted in frantic behavior at a glass door.

Interview:

Play MP3 interview.

Pam Conley, 65, retired registered nurse, Florence, South Carolina: “My dog — I had a poodle named Gigi — was just anxious all evening. And I also noticed before the sun went down that the cows where we lived, there was a pasture with cows. Then way back in the back was a forest, maybe two football fields away you could see the woods. The cows were all hovered against the fence that evening around suppertime, and that's unusual. And the dog was tearing up against the glass door and I'm like, ‘You've got to go out?!’ She was just making all kinds of racket.

So, I got up, turned the TV off, went to the glass door to let her out and when I was unlocking the door, I looked up. First thing I noticed was three very, very bright lights up in the sky.

PAM, WERE THEY IN THE PATTERN OF A TRIANGLE?

No, they were in a straight line. They were straight up in the sky brighter than stars, but they were exactly spaced and they were so bright! I wondered what is this? And close!

Pam3YellowLightsVerticalLineImage6.jpg

Fall 1976 in Statesville, North Carolina, at 3 AM. Pam Conley sketched the three
bright, yellowish lights in straight line and pretty evenly spaced she saw above
the cows as she watched from the glass door of her house where her poodle,
Gigi, was barking and scratching at the door. Illustration © 2014 by Pam Conley.

And as I glanced over (to forest), up from the treeline came an oval shape, glowing, bright orange. And you could see that it was oval and you could see like portholes across the middle because they were darker than the rest of it. The craft, whatever it is, came up out of the treeline very, very slowly. I'm just watching this through the door and called my husband at the time and hollered for him to come out of bed.

And it came up over the treeline, tilted to the left, came back up even, tilted to the right, came back up even again, and went back down into the treeline. Then it came back up!

PamNoCarolinaOrangeDiscs3LightsImage5.jpg

Pam Conley sketched the three positions she saw the large, orange-red disc first horizontal
at the tall pine tree tops. Then the disc with dark portholes around it “tilted to the left,
came back up even, tilted to the right, came back up even again and went back
down into the treeline. Then it came back up!” Illustration © 2014 by Pam Conley.

The cows were mooing, the neighborhood was going crazy. The dogs were just going ballistic. The neighbors wanted to go out then and see what it was. I'll be honest with you. I'd of rather not have seen it. I was spooked. Ran back to make sure everything was OK. You know, I'm like, ‘Really don't go out there because if there is anything there, we need to call and report it.’

I really did not want to do that because people laughed at you back then! No one believed so you never said anything. I stayed up until 3:30 AM. I did let the dog out. The cows were still there (up against the fence). I was just exhausted — and scared.

Discovery After Sunup

The next morning, a few of the neighborhood people came over. We had to track through some woods. We came on this area. It was like something came down in the 30 to 40-foot-tall pine trees and just broke them off like they were twigs — huge area, probably about 40, 50, 60 feet in a wide area. But in the center of that was a circle, a perfect circle. The grass was like it was all laid in a circle. It was all from left to right.

DID YOU MEAN THAT YOU SAW TREES SNAPPED OFF AT THE GROUND?

They were snapped off about 4 feet from the ground.

WERE THE TREES LAYING IN A PATTERN?

I think the trees were all laying to the left hand side. There wasn't any facing the circle. No broken off branches were facing into the circle. The grass was all laying from left to right like somebody just kind of pushed it from left to right in a circle.

And it (center circle) was a brownish color and I went over to that circle to feel that. It felt like silk. It felt silky. It felt almost like a silk material, very soft. I didn't smell a smell.

PAM, IS IT POSSIBLE IT FELT SILKY BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME KIND OF AN EXHAUST OR CHEMICAL OR SOMETHING HAD SCORCHED THE GRASS?

It could have been. It was soft. I didn't smell anything.

AND THE GRASS CIRCLE WAS A BROWNISH COLOR THAT WAS DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE REST OF THE LEAVES AND GRASS AROUND THE CIRCLE?

Yes, this was a forest and there's this broken out circle that was huge, and then here's the small circle in the middle of the woods where that (big broken off trees) circle was.

THE SIZE OF THE SPACE WHERE THE TREES HAD BEEN BROKEN ABOUT 4 FEET OFF THE GROUND ALL OUTWARD, HOW BIG DO YOU THINK THAT AREA WAS THAT HAD BEEN BROKEN OFF?

I would say probably 50 or 60 feet.

WHAT DID IT LOOK LIKE WHERE THEY WERE BROKEN OFF?

It looked like somebody had just snapped it in two and it was jagged, like you would break something and it would have the jagged look to it. Some larger jags — the bigger the tree, the larger the jaggedness.

Above Broken Tree Circles, Dead Cow
Laying At Top of Tall Pine Tree

PamNoCarolinaSketch1.jpg

Center circle colored brown that felt “silky,” surrounded by large 50 to 60-foot-diameter circle
of snapped off pine trees. At the top of one of the 40-foot-tall pines, Pam, her family and
neighbors all were stunned to see a large brown cow with some white spots draped
over the top branches, clearly dead, but no blood on the ground or showing on the cow's
rear visible to the people on the ground. Pam said they all found the site by going to where
they had seen the orange-red, glowing disc with portholes tip back and forth
around 3:30 AM. Illustration © 2014 by Pam Conley.

I started feeling weird and thought whatever it is could break trees and is there something else going on? And I looked up and to the right of me on the outer edge of the broken tree circle — and these pine trees are big! — there was something up in the tree! I looked and I was ready to run — I still was getting a weird feeling! It was a cow carcass in the top of this tree. It was hanging over several branches. Some over the top trunk of the pine tree and head and neck over a couple of other (branches). It was a big cow! Then it's body was sort of draped over the center of the tree and then the back side of it was over two branches with a leg hanging down, a back leg.

I just felt like my blood ran cold and I got scared. I'm sitting there for a minute thinking how can this cow — it was dead, of course, it was a carcass — but the thing I noticed was that it had no blood at the bottom of the tree. And I didn't see any red on it on the back side. I didn't see the front side. Didn't wantto see the front side. I was ready to leave.

Did Big Orange Disc Drop Cow
in Top of Pine Tree?

WAS YOUR FIRST THOUGHT THAT THE ORANGE GLOWING OVAL MIGHT HAVE DROPPED THAT COW?

Yes. They came straight up like they were fixin' to take off and I know it was a UFO! Anybody who thinks there is just us in this universe, you know, really needs to re-think! And it came up and it wavered to the left and then it came back ever so slowly and wavered to the right, came back up even and went back down. I think the orange disc dropped the cow in the tree!

Either that, or they had to be some awful tall creatures to pick up a cow and put it up in a tree like that, you know?

I was so scared, I got panicky and I felt like I had to leave because I wasn't safe there. If they can do this to a cow, do I really want to be standing here?

AFTER YOU SAW THAT BIG COW LAID OVER BRANCHES, 30 OR 40 FEET OFF THE GROUND IN THAT PINE TREE, AND IT SCARED YOU, IT SPOOKED YOU AND YOU LEFT. WHAT DID YOU SAY TO FAMILY AND FRIENDSABOUT THE ORANGE, GLOWING OBJECT AND FINDING THAT BIG COW?

Well, my mother believed me. The only friends, the only people I knew was just a couple in the area and everybody saw that. You couldn't help because everybody was like their dogs barking, 'What's going on?' And then all of a sudden, Wow! Look at this! And we talked about it. I said, 'What puts a cow in a pine tree?' A giant person or a fork lift — and why would you do that? And I don't think a fork lift could lift it (cow) up that high.

Or that thing we saw last night was a ship, not from this Earth because what could do that, you know? So, everybody was sort of like, 'Well, do we call? Do we tell anybody about it?'

I said, 'I'm not going to tell people what I saw. They're not going to believe me and I want to finish up college. As a young adult, you're basically in your own young life and wanting to get through college and raise your children and do what you need to do. And UFOs were a thing that you only had nightmares over.

And my family — yeah, I shared it with a few of them and for the most part, every now and then they'd come back with a real comment that was like a little sarcastic. Why would I tell them a story like that if it didn't happen?! I like to be honest about things. And back then, the whole mindset was a little bit different that it is now.

Pam and Son's Possible Missing Time

All I know is — and I'm going to go back a little bit. My oldest son and myself - and he was 7 at that time - we were driving back in the middle of the night. You can't pick up a radio station in those areas because there is nothing there. And we heard this humming. It was a hum, it was like a frequency hum. You could feel it in your chest and this brilliant flash of light! Then it was over and I looked over at my son and said, 'Did you see that?'

'Yeah, I saw that. What was that?'

'I don't know.'

PAM, WHERE YOU ARE DESCRIBING IS WHERE YOU THINK YOU HAD ABOUT 6 HOURS OF MISSING TIME, CORRECT?

I think something happened, the more I thought about it.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD THE IMPRESSION OF TELEPATHIC THOUGHTS IN SOME OTHER KIND OF THOUGHT VOICE HAVE BEEN IN YOUR HEAD GIVING YOU INFORMATION?

Yes. Maybe once or twice — about things that were going to happen.

CAN YOU DESCRIBE THAT IN DETAIL?

Water, lots of water. Houses floating. No mountains where there were mountains. Land where there was no land. But I made it, imagine that!

YOU SURVIVED BECAUSE WHY?

I don't know. But I was ontop of a house — that I've had several times.

DO YOU HAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT THE WATER IS ONLY WHERE YOU LIVE? OR ARE YOU SEEING THE WHOLE PLANET FROM A CRAFT IN SPACE?

No, no, not seeing the whole planet. Just seeing a lot of it.

DO YOU STILL FEEL THAT THE IMAGE OF A LOT OF THE EARTH BEING COVERED WITH WATER IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

Yes, I do.

WHAT WOULD CAUSE IT?

All I see is water coming from everywhere. I don't know. I shared that with my husband, several times I've had it. I just see it. I see it everywhere. It's not like I'm up looking down. It's like I see billions of acres with water. But where people go is not — some of the places are not safe because what was there comes down because of shakes, too. So maybe it's earthquake.”

I take it, the images above are all sketches (image blocked from here) Camera's were not as common in the mid 70's, but I would expect someone would have taken pictures of the circle and cow?

Back