• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Larry Warren/Left at East Gate

Free episodes:

Siani

Despiser of religious nuts
I recently managed to locate a copy of Left at East Gate by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins, on eBay. I'm about 120 pages in, and quite frankly, don't know what to make of it. Has anyone else here read this book? What do you make of some of Warren's claims, e.g. that there was a secret base under Bentwaters, which housed aliens? I was quite enjoying the book until that point, but when I read about the alleged alien base, my BS detector started bleeping. I know parts of Warren's story have been substantiated by others, but I find the alien base allegation a bit hard to swallow. Has anyone been able to establish if there was some kind of underground facility at Bentwaters (I don't mean alien, just simply some kind of military facility). I'd be interested in hearing some opinions on this.

What do you make of some of Warren's claims, e.g. that there was a secret base under Bentwaters, which housed aliens?

I think that idea was implanted in the 'debriefings' employing mind-altering drugs and probably hypnosis to which the witnesses of these events were evidently subjected. Like Robbins's theory concerning Penniston's downloaded code, it makes sense that such bizarre claims by Bentwaters witnesses (perhaps to be triggered later, Manchurian Candidate style) would serve to cast doubt on everything these witnesses described.

I think Mr Larry Warren a U.S Veteran went through some heavy shit and think he experinced more than many others. Also think its the tip of the iceberg and the amount of intrustions on these joint-bases were allies fighting against the Soviet real threat which were hot not just cold as they like us to think!! Moreover, something was playing cat and mouse among the Superpowers remember the French, Germans, Dutch, Belguims, Italians all had close calls its been suggested. You must read UFO Cover UP book by late Officer Larry Faccett and Mr Barry Greenwood before reading Bentwaters Case and late Mr John Keels book Trojan Horse??

I recently managed to locate a copy of Left at East Gate by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins, on eBay. I'm about 120 pages in, and quite frankly, don't know what to make of it. Has anyone else here read this book? What do you make of some of Warren's claims, e.g. that there was a secret base under Bentwaters, which housed aliens? I was quite enjoying the book until that point, but when I read about the alleged alien base, my BS detector started bleeping. I know parts of Warren's story have been substantiated by others, but I find the alien base allegation a bit hard to swallow. Has anyone been able to establish if there was some kind of underground facility at Bentwaters (I don't mean alien, just simply some kind of military facility). I'd be interested in hearing some opinions on this.

As I said, the book is a good read and probably headed for the category of "classic"

My best take on Warren is that either:

a) He was "meddled with" as Col Halt states, and has a very distorted recollection of events

b) He's a dis-info agent

Of course, a highly motivated person unknowingly given a set of false memories might be the optimum disinformation agent.

Not to blame any specific individual. It's essentially the same hall of mirrors with a quicksand floor (phrase from Linda Howe ?) that has characterized the phenomenon since 1947.

Just listened and it's a great interview. I'm concerned that whatever the public may learn about what really happened at Rendlesham could get lost in the sectarian squabbles that have evolved since 1980. But squabbles are nothing new to UFOlogy !

BTW, Glad to see Warren step forward to rightfully claim the title of "whistleblower" for the Rendlesham incident.

Don: I can't recall when your last interview with Chuck DeCaro took place. I would love to hear a more current one with DeCaro to see how his views may or may not have changed over the years. Any possibility there ?

As I said, the book is a good read and probably headed for the category of "classic"

My best take on Warren is that either:

a) He was "meddled with" as Col Halt states, and has a very distorted recollection of events

b) He's a dis-info agent

Of course, a highly motivated person unknowingly given a set of false memories might be the optimum disinformation agent.

Not to blame any specific individual. It's essentially the same hall of mirrors with a quicksand floor (phrase from Linda Howe ?) that has characterized the phenomenon since 1947.
I'm really tempted to cross-pollinate the post as you have started to between here and the DMR thread on the episode with Warren, but this theme of witnesses getting messed with needs some answering and good thinking. Witnesses get messed with when they've seen something they are not supposed to see. Does it serve the military to have the witness who was messed with continue to spout really weird stuff about aliens in underground bases - it sure does. Does the military care about the folk who get driven mad, or just off course, because of their meddling - absolutely not. I think that we have to be careful with the disinfo agent title as that's getting a lot of mileage these days as different ufologists start labeling each other as disinfo afgents - if theis keeps up then the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and all that's left is the sectarian infighting over cases i.e. that's my case not yours, or I have t the right witness and not you.

What 's fascinating for me is how the Bentwaters incident, years later, is starting to slide out of "classic case" space and more and more into the swamp gas zone of military psyops. This was proposed a long time ago by Vallee and it seems like it's getting entertained now as a better solution. Of course this also begs the question, just how many UFO cases that took place on or near bases are in fact psyops training pieces? It seems that the kerfuffle that falls out of such things is simply inevitable and acceptable by the PTB.

Witnesses get messed with when they've seen something they are not supposed to see. Does it serve the military to have the witness who was messed with continue to spout really weird stuff about aliens in underground bases - it sure does. Does the military care about the folk who get driven mad, or just off course, because of their meddling - absolutely not.

Agreed.

I think that we have to be careful with the disinfo agent title as that's getting a lot of mileage these days as different ufologists start labeling each other as disinfo afgents - if this keeps up then the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and all that's left is the sectarian infighting over cases i.e. that's my case not yours, or I have t the right witness and not you.

I don't think the whole house comes tumbling down. Different individuals in the field, both experiencers and researchers, know different things, have different information, about ufo events and often can't share them for one reason or another. To me it all points clearly to the need to keep pushing the research and calling for disclosure from the PTB. Research fields don't collapse from differences of viewpoints and opinions, and imo this one surely won't.

What 's fascinating for me is how the Bentwaters incident, years later, is starting to slide out of "classic case" space and more and more into the swamp gas zone of military psyops. This was proposed a long time ago by Vallee and it seems like it's getting entertained now as a better solution.

It's a theory and a relatively easy one to accept for several reasons. It provides a one-word answer -- psyops -- which for some reason seems acceptable to a number of people these days without their seeing actual evidence that modern ufo phenomena have all been a virtual reality show put up by the PTB. For me it stretches credibility to propose that seven decades of ufo events at locations around the planet have been directed and produced by some psyops agency seeking both to seed the idea of visitation by 'others' and to discredit it. An enormously costly (I would say impossible) undertaking, and for what purpose?

Of course this also begs the question, just how many UFO cases that took place on or near bases are in fact psyops training pieces? It seems that the kerfuffle that falls out of such things is simply inevitable and acceptable by the PTB.

The PTB benefits from all the disinformation it (and we) can generate.

I don't think the whole house comes tumbling down. Different individuals in the field, both experiencers and researchers, know different things, have different information, about ufo events and often can't share them for one reason or another. To me it all points clearly to the need to keep pushing the research and calling for disclosure from the PTB. Research fields don't collapse from differences of viewpoints and opinions, and imo this one surely won't.
Perhaps. It seems to me that most serious research is taking place outside the mainstream and most of what we see is the stage show, maybe even a lot of mythology, hoaxes and guesswork. What I see in the field is a lot of the carnivalesque and the trickster at work in full force. I suppose I wish there was just one very specific and legitimate piece of academia that was devoted to it. So agreed, more research is needed but I'm pretty critical of most of what passes for research currently. I would also like to see better deliniations between physical and sociological cases, if that's possible. But without real coordinated, ongoing research it's very difficult to build up much foundational knowledge about the subject matter.

It's a theory and a relatively easy one to accept for several reasons. It provides a one-word answer -- psyops -- which for some reason seems acceptable to a number of people these days without their seeing actual evidence that modern ufo phenomena have all been a virtual reality show put up by the PTB. For me it stretches credibility to propose that seven decades of ufo events at locations around the planet have been directed and produced by some psyops agency seeking both to seed the idea of visitation by 'others' and to discredit it. An enormously costly (I would say impossible) undertaking, and for what purpose?
To some extent I can see how saying 'psyops' is like saying 'disinfo agent.' We crave the lightning strike's path of least resistance when it comes to our big puzzles, and this really feels like one of the most tantalizing and perplexing of human puzzles. However, do I think it's all psyops - absolutely not. Yes, a lot is experimental, and experimentation. The PTB love to dabble with mind control, so I'm open to the possibilities of a lot of deviousness on behalf of their MKUltraness. They are also tricksters.

But I don't think these account for it all. Not even if you could separate all the sociological cases from the UFO cohort, whichever they might be, do I feel that all cases are suddenly answered. No, there's something else going on and in this puzzle we have yet to even find the four corners of this one, though I doubt this puzzle has only four corners.

I think that we have to be careful with the disinfo agent title as that's getting a lot of mileage these days as different ufologists start labeling each other as disinfo afgents - if theis keeps up then the whole house of cards comes tumbling down and all that's left is the sectarian infighting over cases i.e. that's my case not yours, or I have t the right witness and not you.

Very true. It has a way of turning the discussion in on itself in a kind of vicious cycle of never ending counter accusation where facts wind up lost in the process. The caveat, of course, is that dis-info agents certainly exist. Intelligence agencies have long and learned lineages in playing the "great game". Their expertise leaves us mere mortals at a whopping disadvantage. Perhaps the best course of action for researchers is to keep that in mind and take each individual's testimony and evidence on its own merits.

Last edited:
Back