• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Northern Lights, Interesting Photo

Free episodes:

Tim Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
This is interesting. I took a four minute exposure-astrophotography shot with my Pixel phone Friday night to show the setting moon with the northern lights around it. Time was 11:20 PM Eastern, South-West Indiana.

The astrophotography feature will take a long term exposure still image and a looped mp4 of the entire 4 minutes.

Look at the center right of the shot and you can see a bow-shaped something slowly flying by. I didn't see it in the sky while shooting, and it is moving very slowly compared to the stars and moon. It can't be a flock of birds as it barely moves the entire four minutes.

It isn't a plane as I have other shots from last night and the planes are streaks of light. It's not a defect in the lens or chip as it only showed up in this one shot.

I'm not saying it's a UFO, but I don't know what it is.

Also, checked my planes and satellite app and nothing was in that part of the sky (northwest) at that time. The ISS flew overhead a little later that evening, but I was able to clearly see it and it crossed the sky fairly fast.

Since the four minute video is only about a second, I have looped it to about 10 seconds in length. I have also attached a close-up still of whatever it is.

Attachments

Back