• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama's 27 yr old speech writer

Free episodes:

Expect a lot of plagiarism from this speechwriter.

What the hell? Why on Earth would you say that? Obama surrounds himself with old, D.C. insiders from both parties, and the one young guy that must be a promising writer, you're throwing mud at him already?

Come on, even you'll admit that's a broad generalization blanket statement, and as such, is unfair. Don't characterize the guy as a plagiarist even before you know who he is. You're starting to sound like a sore loser. :p

Lots of people that achieved later fame were relatively unknown before they were White House speech writers. Ben Stein, (Nixon), Hendrik Hertzberg, former Carter speechwriter and executive editor of The New Yorker magazine, Ted Sorensen (Kennedy), Mary Kate Cary (Bush), William Ewald (Eisenhower), and Anthony Dolan (Reagan).

And, for the record, yes, Dubya did have speechwriters. You honestly think he got through eight State of the Union speeches by himself?

A good link on this:

White House Ghosts: Presidents and Their Speechwriters - US News and World Report

What the hell? Why on Earth would you say that? Obama surrounds himself with old, D.C. insiders from both parties, and the one young guy that must be a promising writer, you're throwing mud at him already?

Come on, even you'll admit that's a broad generalization blanket statement, and as such, is unfair. Don't characterize the guy as a plagiarist even before you know who he is. You're starting to sound like a sore loser. :p

Lots of people that achieved later fame were relatively unknown before they were White House speech writers. Ben Stein, (Nixon), Hendrik Hertzberg, former Carter speechwriter and executive editor of The New Yorker magazine, Ted Sorensen (Kennedy), Mary Kate Cary (Bush), William Ewald (Eisenhower), and Anthony Dolan (Reagan).

And, for the record, yes, Dubya did have speechwriters. You honestly think he got through eight State of the Union speeches by himself?

A good link on this:

White House Ghosts: Presidents and Their Speechwriters - US News and World Report

While you're wasting my time with stuff I've already read, why don't you go do a google search about Obama's plagiarism, as well as the person in question. You'll be surprised what you find.

Of course Bush had a speech writer! You dont think he could actually write something himself do you?

I get the impression Bush was the ultimate puppet, in every sense of the word.

While you're wasting my time with stuff I've already read, why don't you go do a google search about Obama's plagiarism, as well as the person in question. You'll be surprised what you find.

Gee, sorry, Tommy... yours was the second post in the thread.

Didn't realize you'd done such extensive writing on this subject.

Of course Bush had a speech writer! You dont think he could actually write something himself do you?

I get the impression Bush was the ultimate puppet, in every sense of the word.

The only up side to a Bush presidency, is the fact that it will be small, and have maybe one or two pop up books in it. One of which will be My Pet Goat.

The other, How to fuck the US in the ass royally without trying. The pop ups in that book will likely get a guffaw or two out of George.

Back