• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Origin of UFOs

Free episodes:

Enceladus

Paranormal Novice
Hi All,

I've been interested in UFOs since I was a teenager and have dipped in and out of following the subject ever since. I usually get put off by the lunatic element that seem to be prevalent, but thanks to the Paracast and Dark Matters radio I am building up a list of rational sources on the subject.

One thing I haven't found yet is a good source of information on the current theories of where UFOs come from. Back when I was a teenager, they were either from another planet or were secret government projects. Now I hear people talking about other dimensions and other such things. Anybody got a link to a good summary of the current thinking?

Thanks in advance

Enceladus

Hi and welcome to the forum!

When it comes to UFOs ( alien craft ), the leading hypothesis is still the ETH. Secret government projects don't qualify as alien craft; they qualify as "unknown aircraft" and don't fall under the definition of UFO. Strange vague lights in the distance and other anomalies also don't fall under the definition of UFO, but are what NARCAP calls UAPs ( Unidentified Aerial Phenomena ). Alternate dimensions don't make logical sense. However alternate universes are possible. So are as of yet undiscovered terrestrial civilizations, though in light of our present knowledge about the Earth, that possibility seems unlikely and is shrinking fast as we learn more about planetary systems in our stellar neighborhood. As for specific references, they're strewn amid various publications rather than in any one source.

Last edited:
I suppose I should have said what I meant by UFOs in my post, which was the classic saucer/cigar etc. I don't think in that sense you can rule out secret government projects, though I personally don't think that's likely because there is no way we could have made them in the 1940s and maybe not even now.

I have to agree with you on the alternate dimensions in the sense that I hear people say that string theory proposes additional dimensions hence UFOs could come from there. In my limited understanding of string theory, the additional dimensions are usually described as tiny or compact i.e. not like the 3 we know and love. I hadn't heard of alternate universes being proposed but I guess that could be possible. Like you I would be very surprised if undiscovered terrestrial civilizations exist.

I still favor the ETH but am interested in reading more on the alternatives.

I still favor the ETH but am interested in reading more on the alternatives.
Here's one you might try finding.

5146HFSE3GL._SL500_.jpg

Back