• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

probably not but

Free episodes:

boomerang

Paranormal Adept
I've been listening to the infamous Halt tape recording. Does anyone think this might in fact be not one, but 2 separate recordings joined together at the odd little piano piece? Perhaps an audio expert could tell for certain.

That is a piano as it would sound if recorded to a domestic tape recorder or Dictaphone.
Now the audio in question sounds like a “punch in” to me as the voice cuts away to the piano and comes back with all the appropriate mechanical sounds.
What I mean by this is the run up noise that a tape recording makes as the tape first hits the record head.
To me this sounds like an accidental punch in and not a tape splice, although I have to admit the recording is awful.

As for the authenticity of the recording itself I really have to have a first or second gen copy non-compressed to tell you if the back ground environment matches the story meaning: was it really recorded outside, dose the voice distortion match the recorders of the time etc.

Back