• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Project UFO 1978 TV show

Free episodes:

tom1961

Paranormal Maven
I just ran across this on Youtube.

It was a Jack Webb Show.

Has anyone watched this show.

Is it worth watching.

I was 17 then and don't remember it.

The show is clunky, but interesting to me for many reasons, one of which is the penetration of UFO ideas into mainstream culture. Also interesting for how they adapted Blue Book cases, and how imaginatively the UFOs were portrayed, sort of a low-budget "Close Encounters."

Here's an article that some may not have seen, an interview with Col. Coleman that appeared in Starlog magazine in 1978 on the Project UFO show and his work on Blue Book: Starlog Magazine Issue 014 The article is on page 52, and can also be downloaded as a PDF.

Last edited:
I just ran across this on Youtube.

It was a Jack Webb Show.

Has anyone watched this show.

Is it worth watching.

I was 17 then and don't remember it.

I had never heard of this show before this thread, I have watched up to episode 8 already! I think it is brilliant.
Ok the effects are cheap and the acting a little suspect but it is well worth watching in my opinion.

I used to watch this on TV as a little kid whenever I could find it. As I recall, they moved the show around a lot - different times and days of the week -and it was usually on after my bed-time - so it was a scary treat to be able to watch it. Pretty hokey now, but as an impressionable little kid growing up in the 70's, it scared the crap out of me a few times. Got me interested in UFOs before I was old enough to read. And the episodes were "based" (loosely) on actual UFO cases. Love the episode that featured "Robby the Robot" from Forbidden Planet as a scary alien robot that spooked a hunter up a tree. (This case was actually discussed on an episode of The Paracast.)

I have only watched the first show.

I liked it and plan on watching more.

Part of the first show was set in Charleston WV were I live.

Back