• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Recommend a UFO Book/Film 2001 onwards

Free episodes:

Ignorant Fool

Paranormal Novice
Would anyone like to recommend a worthwhile UFO related book that has been published since 2001? I bought Leslie Kean's UFOs...and Richard Dolan's UFOs..Vol 2. I'm also interested in watching any half-decent films on the subject.

Has anyone read this?

Last edited:
Has anyone read this? UFOs-Government-A-Historical-Inquiry
I picked up a copy for my UFO book collection. It's pretty dry stuff with a lot of reproductions of official documents. The opinion in the introduction on what the word UFO means isn't well supported, but overall, it's a good resource for personal research.

I picked up a copy for my UFO book collection. It's pretty dry stuff with a lot of reproductions of official documents. The opinion in the introduction on what the word UFO means isn't well supported, but overall, it's a good resource for personal research.

Thanks, I'll probably get it.

The Amazon reviews of the 2007 Tim Good book suggest that it is simply a rehash of his previous books. Is there much new information in it?

Thanks, I'll probably get it.
The Amazon reviews of the 2007 Tim Good book suggest that it is simply a rehash of his previous books. Is there much new information in it?
If you hadn't put the date constraints on your request, I would have suggested that you acquire a copy of Tim Good's Beyond Top Secret, which is a must have for any UFO book resource. So if you don't have Need To Know, then this is the next best thing and somewhat newer ( I have both ). I'd also get both before I spent money on the MUFON publication. I wasn't as impressed with it as I was hoping. You can find pretty much all the same info on the Blue Book Archive website. If you don't know about that, then check it out at http://www.bluebookarchive.org/

Also, should I presume that you already have the classics? If not. Then you're missing some of the best material ever published ( plus they're collectible ). Try fishing for them at your local used bookstore.

Thanks ufology. Yes I have some of the classics including Ruppelt's book, most of Keyhoe's books. I managed to get hold of a copy of Frank Scully's book (not sure it is a classic in terms of its information however!). It might not be a bona fide classic but I've always found the UFO section in Gordon Cooper's Leap of Faith memoir fascinating.

Back