• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Roswell "Crash-site" Geologic Oddities?

Free episodes:

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[Not being up2speed on the geology found at the alleged Foster Ranch location of the Roswell "crash," I can't comment, but I do like creative thinking and possible physical evidence! Anybody have any info on this finding and/or suggestions on how to proceed? ---chris]

To: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:05:02 -0700
Subject: Possible Roswell Crash Site

EBK, List,

About a month ago, my brother and I re-visited what we believe
is the crash site where the main Roswell craft went down after
it exploded and left debris covering several acres of the Foster
ranch.

This was the site, described by the MP that we had found several
years earlier, and was strewn with strange balls of a tar-like
material and rocks covered with a sandstone substance we were
unable to identify.

This time we collected several representative samples and took
them to a lab in Albuquerque for testing using X-Ray
Fluorescence (XRF), Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) and X-Ray
Diffraction (XRD).

The sandstone-like rocks were native limestone covered with
dolomite that was in turn covered with layers of calcite. While
dolomite and calcite are common in the area, it is not common to
find them in this configuration. In all my years walking in the
desert, I've never seen anything like these samples.

The tar-like material was even stranger: XRD found the tar
sample to be "very unusual".

What I'd like to know is whether anyone on the List who lives
in the Albuquerque-Roswell area would like to work with me on
this project. I think the tar-like substance is the closest we
have to being able to investigate possible 'alien' material, but
I don't know exactly how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Ed

The interesting thing here would be if those rocks (at the crash site), if ever found (why has no one pinpointed the Crash to a lspecific location or took someone to a tour of the impact side ? I guess the marks in the ground were shoveled over, still)) were only 'coated' on one side.

The interesting thing here would be if those rocks (at the crash site), if ever found (why has no one pinpointed the Crash to a lspecific location or took someone to a tour of the impact side ?

There have been different versions of where it was.

I guess the marks in the ground were shoveled over, still))

I don't think there were any marks at the debris field, with the possible exception of a gouge somewhere in the area.

Edward,

Where is there a "project" to be worked on? What lab did you already go to? Take the samples to a reputable geologist and they'll explain what you seem to think is anamolous very quickly.

After years of observers, investigators, and passersby have walked the terrain, why would these anomalies "just" be discovered?

So does this mean Ed has finally given up on that other crash site? The one he found by following the directions from the imaginary photographer in the Alien Autopsy yarn, v3.22? That site had some bizarre "geological anomalies" too, as I recall. Ed said they were caused by the heat of an explosion. Others pointed out it would take an explosion on the order of a major volcano to do what Ed was claiming happened. Or something like that. I lost interest and stopped paying attention several years ago. I may have some of this wrong, but it's easy enough to predict the half-life of this story at Updates.

Who knows? Maybe Ed is right this time, but his baggage will sink him.

The tar-like material was even stranger: XRD found the tar sample to be "very unusual".
Not to sound dismissive, but Edward's letter doesn't seem to have too much substance to it. I understand he may be getting excited about what he considers 'unusual geology', but is there anything besides his imagination that is connecting this geology to a supposed UFO crash? Why use a UFO crash site as a cause; it may be bat droppings causing the mineral formations for all we know. Also, doesn't X-ray diffraction work only with crystalline materials? Maybe it's a new technique, but how do you get X-rays to diffract from amorphous tar?
Obviously, there's a lot more to this tale than I know, but so far it doesn't sound too exciting.

Back