• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Some of this I didn't know about Ed Walters/Gulf Breeze

Free episodes:

a small point but regarding the lie dectector test, given everything else mentioned i don't think it was helpful to mention that a lie detector test is not of much use if the subject BELIEVES it happened. My point is if Ed did go through all that work to create a hoax it seems more likely that he fooled the lie detector test by trickery as well not so much because he believed it happened.

I knew Ed Walters slightly in the late 1980s, and interviewed him for Caveat Emptor. He sounded sincere enough, and his first book, written with his wife, apparently sold well. But I always felt a little leery of his claims. I know Jim Moseley first seemed favorably disposed towards Walters' claims, but later turned negative about the case.

I knew Ed Walters slightly in the late 1980s, and interviewed him for Caveat Emptor. He sounded sincere enough, and his first book, written with his wife, apparently sold well. But I always felt a little leery of his claims. I know Jim Moseley first seemed favorably disposed towards Walters' claims, but later turned negative about the case.
I think when it comes to evaluating UFO abduction cases, particularly ones that are sensational by nature, it can be very difficult for a person to determine whether they are legitimate or not. Each abduction case, once it becomes public knowledge, receives a certain type of treatment from the public, where allegations and innuendo are launched against it. More often than not those derogatory claims are what resonate with people, regardless of their veracity. I've seen that characteristic pop up again and again with every abduction case.

I'm annoyed by the fact that it's so polarizing. Don't forget that an abduction experience is often extremely traumatic to the experiencer. Forget about the possible cause for a moment. Consider that unfortunate reality.

So whatever you think about the research methods of any particular researcher, we have to look to the people who are, unfortunately, victims.

I'm annoyed by the fact that it's so polarizing. Don't forget that an abduction experience is often extremely traumatic to the experiencer. Forget about the possible cause for a moment. Consider that unfortunate reality.

So whatever you think about the research methods of any particular researcher, we have to look to the people who are, unfortunately, victims.

That's the truth of it Gene, a lot of sorrow for the experiencer. That's why, in my opinion, more needs to be done to help them. Their cases need to be properly researched and the facts of their cases need to be clearly conveyed.

This my not go down well with you, Sean, but that also means professional therapists have to be more heavily involved. Laymen researchers may be totally sincere about what they are trying to do, but they need to turn over their work to the pros to evaluate the research and the results. This is too important to just ignore, and there are far too few people doing what needs to be done to figure out what's really going on.

I'm all for professional therapists to be heavily involved. The key is to find such individuals willing to actually put themselves on the line to become seriously involved in this work.
I think an environment of researchers working with professional therapists is the best solution. The wellbeing of the people involved is utmost, more important than any abduction
data to be yielded in my opinion.

I've found in my experience so far that many professionals have been willing to assist, but on conditions, understandably, of anonymity. Others have assisted and gone
public with their assistance, but it commonly comes at a cost for them, be it professionally or personally.

The more professionals the better in my opinion.

More needs to be done also to protect experiencers from predators. Be it predators who find it fun to publicly smear the experiencers and their cases, or predators
who take it upon themselves to threaten the lives of the experiencers. The former of these two activities is more commonly known, the latter however is increasing
in prevalence.

This my not go down well with you, Sean, but that also means professional therapists have to be more heavily involved. Laymen researchers may be totally sincere about what they are trying to do, but they need to turn over their work to the pros to evaluate the research and the results. This is too important to just ignore, and there are far too few people doing what needs to be done to figure out what's really going on.
Exactly. Good point.

I recently talked to an individual who was at a local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars). He asked me if i was familiar with the Gulf Breeze flap. He stated that he was there in the an airport tower doing repair work when they were evacuated from the tower due to active UFO sightings. He was an employee of the VFW and was completely sober. I have no reason to believe he was making this story up, and he only brought it up after I asked about UFOs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back