• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange noises

Free episodes:

I have been reading a whole lot of threads about this very same thing over on A.N.Other Site ... strange stuff indeed. My friend's son( 5 years old) came in the room whilst we were liseniung to the 'Spirit Cave' clip, and his first words on entering the room were ''Mummy .. that noise sounds like the earth is crying! '' ...

At the end, it says they live 4-5 miles from an airport. The simplest explanation is that it was a jet, sitting on the ground, reving it's engines for maintainance or some other reason.
It might not be the right explanation, but that is plausable.
The flash of light coinciding witht the sound going away is kind of too coincidental, but it could be just that.

I have been reading a whole lot of threads about this very same thing over on A.N.Other Site ... strange stuff indeed. My friend's son( 5 years old) came in the room whilst we were liseniung to the 'Spirit Cave' clip, and his first words on entering the room were ''Mummy .. that noise sounds like the earth is crying! '' ...
Wow, thats amazing, thanks for posting much appreciated

There are some links in the description section of the first one, i think we can rule out cars and planes

PALM COAST, Fla. -- Investigators are trying to solve a bizarre mystery in Flagler County. A wave of people called 911 around 9:30am Friday to report the ground shaking in Flagler County. The calls all came from the Hammock area of Palm Coast (see map).

However, people in the north Daytona area, as well as in Deltona and as far north as St. Augustine, said they felt it as well. Many people were worried that the shaking was an earthquake.

The Emergency Management Office was on the phone all day trying to figure out the cause of the shaking. Residents said that buildings were shaking, and even a dispatcher in the county felt it happen.

"I live alone and I'm blind, and a while ago the house was shaking, do you happen to know?" a caller asked a 911 dispatcher.

"I'm not sure. We're actually getting quite a few calls about it now. We're having someone check it out, OK?" the dispatcher said.

The 911 call was one of about a dozen calls that poured into Flagler County. An unexplained phenomenon, described as everything from a low rumble to a window shaking movement, rattled residents from St. Augustine to the Volusia County.

"The ground rumbled and the building rumbled. Definitely abnormal for here," a resident told WFTV.

WFTV found at least two people who have experienced sonic booms and earthquakes from their time spent in California.

"That's what it felt like. It definitely felt like an earthquake," one resident said. "Enough to make you look to the ocean and say, 'OK, what's next, tsunami?' Because you're going, 'Is it an earthquake or not?'"

The U.S. Geological Survey told Flagler County that sensors in Georgia and Orlando picked up no movement. The National Weather Service reported nothing odd, and the Navy and Coast Guard told WFTV they had no information regarding on or offshore bombing exercises.

"We are checking with all the agencies that monitor those kinds of things and hopefully we'll come up with an answer, but right now, we're kind of perplexed," an official told WFTV.

Everything, from a meteor burning up to a moon phase that allows ocean waves to hit hard enough to vibrate the shoreline, is being considered as a cause.<!--stopindex-->

Very strange. Very odd. I can't think of a possible explanation aside from a very localized earthquake. But it usually doesn't work that way.

Bizarre indeed. Perfect nesting ground for wild speculation and paranoid theories to abound.

There is of course scope for that in any mystery, just as there is also scope for reasoned rational debate, and conclusions that provide a rational explanation

There is of course scope for that in any mystery, just as there is also scope for reasoned rational debate, and conclusions that provide a rational explanation

Really? Sincere thanks for the illuminating reframe; you have opened my eyes. ;)

So the video and the earthquake reports are seperate events? Or not?
The earthquake event happened at 9:30 am, where as the video seemed to be in the evening.

The 'Tibet cave' one most certainly are per-recorded sounds from a planetary body in our solar system. As in spacesounds | we are listening .

Saturn, Mars, as someone one ATS suggested ?

The Florida one sounds strange as well, but the earths crust is constantly moving, albeit not that loudly that you can hear it in the open...

More good reporting from Linda Howe on unexplained booms and horn sounds in December 2013. Reports originate from central and eastern U.S. and eastern Canada. We don't seem to be any closer to solving this mystery than we were three years ago.

Updated: Booms and Horn Sounds Continue

Sounds from Sky & Explosion/Shake in Milton, Vermont

"On December 24, around 2:10 am til 2:45am, I woke up and started to hear a strange sound from outside. I looked out and up to the sky to see if I could see anything. The sound was like a horn/trumpet sound, which went off three times and then I woke my husband up to hear it. A few seconds went by and he heard the sound. We heard it at least 3 or 4 more times again."

Milton VT.jpg

If it helps any, before both major earthquakes where I live there was either a strange deep humming sound or what sounded like a bus on constant idle.
Not as overtly audible as the sounds presented here but from my own experience I could easily conclude that it is the same geological phenomena I have experienced.

Back