• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

SyFy show 'Paranormal Witness' takes a look at the Travis Walton story (Video)

Free episodes:

Apocalypto

Paranormal Maven
Hi, folks. I watched this last night. It's good. For those of you who are interested in this case, I highly recommend it.

"If you have ever seen the movie 'Fire in the Sky' then you are possibly familiar with theTravis Walton story for which the movie was based. It covers one of the most compelling and interesting cases of alien abduction ever alleged and corroborated by more than just the actual victim. On the most recent airing of the SyFy show 'Paranormal Witness' all the men involved with the story, were all seen and heard describing their personal experience of what happened on that fateful night on November 5th 1975 in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest in Arizona."

more here:

Video - Do you think extraterrestrials abduct humans?: UFOs And Alien Life - National Paranormal | Examiner.com

Interesting when they interviewed the Sheriff of Snow Flake- till this day, the old guy is waiting for one of the witnesses to admit to a hoax. After all this time, with so many involved- you would think one of them would let slip IF it was a hoax.

I think that is a fair assessment Ufology. For me, one can forget the whole onboard the alien ship part and solely concentrate on the fact that 5/6 guys were shown not to be lying in as much as they believed they had seen a 'genuine' UFO and some kind of incident with this floating object caused them to believe Travis had been fatally wounded, either by accident or design. These men panicked but soon after returned to look for Travis.
If we just take the above as true then that alone raises interesting questions. We can take it that the guys definitely saw something well out of the ordinary. Remember, this logging road was quite remote and not the kind of place a practical joke would be played on unsuspecting victims. The fact the guys drove off without a member of the crew speaks volumes. This was in the middle of nowhere and you would never leave a workmate out there alone at night, injured. I strongly believe they saw something so powerful they had little choice but to think Travis had been killed.

Because we only have Travis' account of the onboard part I can just dismiss that as something that cannot be proved either way but what the other guys witnessed on that lonely logging road, they definitely think it was a UFO.
If it looks like a UFO and acts like a UFO, it probably is a UFO. That is how this case plays out for me.:)

I think that is a fair assessment Ufology. For me, one can forget the whole onboard the alien ship part and solely concentrate on the fact that 5/6 guys were shown not to be lying in as much as they believed they had seen a 'genuine' UFO and some kind of incident with this floating object caused them to believe Travis had been fatally wounded, either by accident or design. These men panicked but soon after returned to look for Travis.
If we just take the above as true then that alone raises interesting questions. We can take it that the guys definitely saw something well out of the ordinary. Remember, this logging road was quite remote and not the kind of place a practical joke would be played on unsuspecting victims. The fact the guys drove off without a member of the crew speaks volumes. This was in the middle of nowhere and you would never leave a workmate out there alone at night, injured. I strongly believe they saw something so powerful they had little choice but to think Travis had been killed.

Because we only have Travis' account of the onboard part I can just dismiss that as something that cannot be proved either way but what the other guys witnessed on that lonely logging road, they definitely think it was a UFO.
If it looks like a UFO and acts like a UFO, it probably is a UFO. That is how this case plays out for me.:)

We need to remember that there are issues with all the polygraph tests, not just the one that Walton failed or the ones he passed after screening the questions beforehand. The ones taken by the other members of the crew who participated in them involved questions that were related to possible foul play on the part of the crew with respect to Walton's disappearance. If they had all been in on a scheme to collect the tabloid reward, then they would not have been involved in any foul play where Walton's disappearance was concerned, and would therefore be found to be telling the truth about that. Plus, against the background of this line of questioning, which would be likely to raise anyone's blood pressure, questions about seeing a strange flying object would seem less stressful because that is what they were actually expecting to be asked about.

Having taken a polygraph "test" myself, I place no value on them whatsoever. The value of the information gained during these sessions is wholly dependent on the skill of the interrogator and the line of questions being asked. One of the most objective pieces of evidence in the Sitgreaves National Forest case is the lack of any of the biological signs of starvation or unusual substances in Walton's system. When someone goes without food for a certain number of hours, chemicals are produced by our bodies that are detectable in blood tests. Walton had none of these signs. What did they do, beam him up and feed him chicken soup?

One of the most objective pieces of evidence in the Sitgreaves National Forest case is the lack of any of the biological signs of starvation or unusual substances in Walton's system. When someone goes without food for a certain number of hours, chemicals are produced by our bodies that are detectable in blood tests. Walton had none of these signs. What did they do, beam him up and feed him chicken soup?

Maybe they should have tested his faeces to determine what was in there.

I thought Travis showed obvious signs of dehydration at least when he was first met? Also, if tall blonde muscle-bound aliens could pull off such great hair, it's obvious they could have fed Travis through a Doc McCoy hypo-spray type deal!

I thought Travis showed obvious signs of dehydration at least when he was first met? Also, if tall blonde muscle-bound aliens could pull off such great hair, it's obvious they could have fed Travis through a Doc McCoy hypo-spray type deal!

He was gone for 4 days and some number of hours. Without water the signs of dehydration would have been severe. I don't recall that being the case. Of course that doesn't rule out the possibility that the aliens fed and watered him. But then where did he go to the bathroom? I've heard other guests on the Paracast get slammed with that one. I haven't read the book in a long time but don't recall any mention of it there either.

He was gone for 4 days and some number of hours. Without water the signs of dehydration would have been severe. I don't recall that being the case. Of course that doesn't rule out the possibility that the aliens fed and watered him. But then where did he go to the bathroom? I've heard other guests on the Paracast get slammed with that one. I haven't read the book in a long time but don't recall any mention of it there either.

Catheters? I mean if a species can make anti-grav spaceships, perfectly normal medical body waste disposal is no big deal. It's done in high dependancy patients all the time.
If you listen to Travis' account he recalls having difficulty breathing on waking in the ship, possible due to his upper torso taking a blast of whatever, like being winded.

I am sure that once he found himself on the road, dropped off by the ship (according to Travis) he was very dehydrated when he made the call for his friend/family to come pick him up. I could be mistaken and would need re-check his story but I also remember Travis having a hard time coming to terms with being missing for 5 days, he remembers awakening in the ship etc but not too long after he was knocked out by some 'gas' - I wonder if most of the time he was in some kind of suspended animation or at least a highly sedated state in which removal of bodily functions and and feeding by I.V or nose tube could have kept his food intake ok?
Just thinking aloud guys!

Catheters? I mean if a species can make anti-grav spaceships, perfectly normal medical body waste disposal is no big deal. It's done in high dependancy patients all the time.
If you listen to Travis' account he recalls having difficulty breathing on waking in the ship, possible due to his upper torso taking a blast of whatever, like being winded.

I am sure that once he found himself on the road, dropped off by the ship (according to Travis) he was very dehydrated when he made the call for his friend/family to come pick him up. I could be mistaken and would need re-check his story but I also remember Travis having a hard time coming to terms with being missing for 5 days, he remembers awakening in the ship etc but not too long after he was knocked out by some 'gas' - I wonder if most of the time he was in some kind of suspended animation or at least a highly sedated state in which removal of bodily functions and and feeding by I.V or nose tube could have kept his food intake ok?
Just thinking aloud guys!

Sure, I suppose a lot of things are possible, but the more we look at the case the more we have to invoke these hypothetical explanations, and conseqently the less credible it becomes. Now I'm hearing about some kind of gas that knocked him out, so why were there no signs of it in his blood? It's one more thing to explain away ( it dissapated or was undetectable or whatever ). The only thing we really know for sure is that Walton was reported missing and didn't show up for the better part of a week, he and his crew collected a partial reward from the tabloid for their story, and Walton has managed to milk the publicity to the present day. How much else is true? I don't know.

I watched the show and heard an aspect that was news to me. In the initial missing persons search of the forest, 3 people were checking for radiation and Mike Rodgers asked them to check the crew. They initially found nothing above background until they checked their hard hats which gave a significant count.
These 3 people left soon after and no-one new who they were or who they worked for?

Ufology - about the bathroom stuff - is it not the cast that Travis reported humanoid beings in the larger craft? They probably need to go too surely?

Oh - and the Doctor that examined Travis reported his only actual 'injury' was a possible injection site - or maybe more exactly, the wound you'd have from having an IV line in your arm. Possible mode of feeding/hydration?

This case is about as far in my 'possible' basket as any.

Back