• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Synchronicity And A UFO Movie

Free episodes:

Posey Gilbert

Paranormal Maven

This film is the work of my good friend Giovanni Sticco.
At its end he talks of the synchronicities that occurred during its filming
This is a phenomenon well known to those that deal in these phenomena.

UFO SCI Fi Movie - The Visitors - Part 1

The Visitors Part 2

Behind The Scenes Of the Short Film "The Visitors"

"Look at the moon not at the finger that points to the moon" Bruce Lee

Posey Gilbert

AKA - coincidences!

I for one never liked the "official" definition of synchronicity as a meaningful coincidence in that it almost sounds like one had to qualify one's coincidences. Yes I know there is such a thing as the law of numbers but when you have these "coincidences" day after day angelo...sometimes a couple of different episodes a day..as I do, then I don't think you truly can sum it up as simple coincidences...for all know you do experience them and feel that you just had several coincidental episodes that day..but whereas you may think you're being pragmatic I would almost term it jaded (no offense, really :)

As for my part, again without fear of exaggeration , I experience synchronicity on a near daily basis and I'm talking beyond the things we all experience (you're thinking of a song and you hear it on the radio) . I will think of a word...it could be "disengenious" or something on the level of "meningitis" (edit) and within several minutes I will see, or hear that word being used, many times BOTH, on the radio, in passing conversion between two or more strangers, or the very next book or article I read. And this scenario on many occasions will repeat itself later that day, albeit with a different thought. I admit I do avail myself to a lot of sources, l am a bit of a news hound and listen to the radio and read news and current affairs programs a lot, obviously that is going to open me up to a lot of incoming information and thus increase my chances of having a coincidence or a synchronistic episode and I do make that distinction, I'll even tell myself right then and there "well that is a co-inkydink" not everything has to have a meaning, I'm not that far gone.

it is a hard concept to get some people to fully appreciate, I can truly say, long before I started looking into the realms of paranormal phenomena I would experience these events even as a preteen I would hear people talk about a coincidence they experienced and I would think " you don't know the half of it". It was because of an epic " five episode multi layered" event involving a preying mantis that I experienced several years ago that I delved into this field and as an aside, I learned of chris work...It was my yellow helicopter moment.. and it was because I heard about the incidents of synchronistic events associated with ufos and mothman that got me hooked, even though I never have seen mothman, never been abducted or even seen a ufo...well I mean ufo in the classic sense..hell, half the names that I see bandied about on this forum means nothing to me, as I don't have much interest on what they have to say about nazi ufos, disclosure, moon bases, or abductions....I am interested in events such as the bradshaw ranch and skinwalker ranch though. I have seen strange phenomena that could be earth lights or weird plasma forms and orbs, nothing especially compelling to be honest and as a kid my sister and I had some weird encounters but I digress, the point is even as a 10 year old I was savvy enough to know "whoa, we have something here".

At one time when I was trying to get my brain into the concept of computing the thought that there is no future, that time is fluid and past, present, and future all occupy the same space I "rationalized" to myself that these synchronistic episodes and yes, deja vu, which I also experience a lot, but nowhere near as often as synchronicity, were happening because my timing was off, it's a hard point to get across, but I mean I thought that in my timeline, I was at that point where something did, or I should say was due to happen and I either remembered it before it happened ( synchronicity) or after (deja vu) don't know if that makes sense, but damned if I was just going to chalk it up as a coincidence or a left hemisphere/ right hemisphere brain burp.

I guess because no one ever sat down and tried to determine a mathmatical formula to prove or disprove the existence or non-existence of synchronicity, I'll just subvert Auric's line...Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's synchonistic action

Just out of curiosity, do you ever experience a multi leveledl/ayered coincidence, sometimes more than once a day ? If you did would you question It and look for an alternative explanation ? What do you think you would have to see or experience in order to consider that something strange was at work?

I think there may be a definition problem here. Whilst I agree that due to the numbers of humans, coincidences happen all the time, even very, very weird ones.

I always thought synchronicity meant coincidences that have an obvious pattern or deep meaning to them? I could be wrong and in my own life I've never had cause to doubt anything was more than coincidence or noticed irony (I know irony is poorly understood by many).

The fact that astronomically unlikely events do occur means where do you draw a distinction between coincidence and anything else?

Best one I've heard is about someone who's car breaks down or something at night, lonely road and so the guy goes walking and eventually approaches a telephone box - which is already ringing. He answers and it's his girlfriend or something and she dialled the call box number in error and just happened to ring that box at that time to that person!

I believe the story goes one stage further -the call box number happened to be the same as his old number or something. The story could be bollocks but it does illustrate how weird these things can get without a whiff of the paranormal?

Coincidences happen all the time. Call it what you will, but there really isn't anything paranormal about it.

Sorry Angelo, but I have seen some things in my life that just defy the odds of a coincidence way too much. The thing to learn is most events really are coincidences, but then there's another entirely seperate class of events that you don't have to learn to recognize- it will just smack you in the common sense.

On the subject of the movie, I was going to watch it, then I read the description on Youtube. Anytime someone mentions Pleiadians, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I immediately think of Billy Meier and his giant pile of hoaxariffic horseshit. I'll probably watch it anyway at some point, just wanted to convey my initial impressions from reading the description.

I think there may be a definition problem here. Whilst I agree that due to the numbers of humans, coincidences happen all the time, even very, very weird ones.

I always thought synchronicity meant coincidences that have an obvious pattern or deep meaning to them? I could be wrong and in my own life I've never had cause to doubt anything was more than coincidence or noticed irony (I know irony is poorly understood by many).

The fact that astronomically unlikely events do occur means where do you draw a distinction between coincidence and anything else?

Best one I've heard is about someone who's car breaks down or something at night, lonely road and so the guy goes walking and eventually approaches a telephone box - which is already ringing. He answers and it's his girlfriend or something and she dialled the call box number in error and just happened to ring that box at that time to that person!

I believe the story goes one stage further -the call box number happened to be the same as his old number or something. The story could be bollocks but it does illustrate how weird these things can get without a whiff of the paranormal?

on that point i do agree, but in that i have a problem because if it is defined a meaningful coincidence, how does one qualify that ? what is meaningful to me, may mean nothing to another person. so it's obviously a very personal experience, not really open to be understood by people that it did not happen to and i do experience more than a few coincidences, because i open myself to a lot of incoming information, as i admited, so rather than trying to define it, i am in the process of posting an pretty eye opening experience regardless of what you call it, in the my personal experiences forum i'll do it in .doc form as it is rather nuanced and detailed and hence lengthy, which i think is necessary to get my point across. as i mentioned it involves a mantis and the number of times it came up on my radar over a period of a few days ,about seven occcurances in as many days

I for one never liked the "official" definition of synchronicity as a meaningful coincidence in that it almost sounds like one had to qualify one's coincidences. Yes I know there is such a thing as the law of numbers but when you have these "coincidences" day after day angelo...sometimes a couple of different episodes a day..as I do, then I don't think you truly can sum it up as simple coincidences...for all know you do experience them and feel that you just had several coincidental episodes that day..but whereas you may think you're being pragmatic I would almost term it jaded (no offense, really :)
As for my part, again without fear of exaggeration , I experience synchronicity on a near daily basis and I'm talking beyond the things we all experience (you're thinking of a song and you hear it on the radio) . I will think of a word...it could be "disengenious" or something on the level of "meningitis" (edit) and within several minutes I will see, or hear that word being used, many times BOTH, on the radio, in passing conversion between two or more strangers, or the very next book or article I read. And this scenario on many occasions will repeat itself later that day, albeit with a different thought. I admit I do avail myself to a lot of sources, l am a bit of a news hound and listen to the radio and read news and current affairs programs a lot, obviously that is going to open me up to a lot of incoming information and thus increase my chances of having a coincidence or a synchronistic episode and I do make that distinction, I'll even tell myself right then and there "well that is a co-inkydink" not everything has to have a meaning, I'm not that far gone.

it is a hard concept to get some people to fully appreciate, I can truly say, long before I started looking into the realms of paranormal phenomena I would experience these events even as a preteen I would hear people talk about a coincidence they experienced and I would think " you don't know the half of it". It was because of an epic " five episode multi layered" event involving a preying mantis that I experienced several years ago that I delved into this field and as an aside, I learned of chris work...It was my yellow helicopter moment.. and it was because I heard about the incidents of synchronistic events associated with ufos and mothman that got me hooked, even though I never have seen mothman, never been abducted or even seen a ufo...well I mean ufo in the classic sense..hell, half the names that I see bandied about on this forum means nothing to me, as I don't have much interest on what they have to say about nazi ufos, disclosure, moon bases, or abductions....I am interested in events such as the bradshaw ranch and skinwalker ranch though. I have seen strange phenomena that could be earth lights or weird plasma forms and orbs, nothing especially compelling to be honest and as a kid my sister and I had some weird encounters but I digress, the point is even as a 10 year old I was savvy enough to know "whoa, we have something here".

At one time when I was trying to get my brain into the concept of computing the thought that there is no future, that time is fluid and past, present, and future all occupy the same space I "rationalized" to myself that these synchronistic episodes and yes, deja vu, which I also experience a lot, but nowhere near as often as synchronicity, were happening because my timing was off, it's a hard point to get across, but I mean I thought that in my timeline, I was at that point where something did, or I should say was due to happen and I either remembered it before it happened ( synchronicity) or after (deja vu) don't know if that makes sense, but damned if I was just going to chalk it up as a coincidence or a left hemisphere/ right hemisphere brain burp.

I guess because no one ever sat down and tried to determine a mathmatical formula to prove or disprove the existence or non-existence of synchronicity, I'll just subvert Auric's line...Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's synchonistic action

Just out of curiosity, do you ever experience a multi leveledl/ayered coincidence, sometimes more than once a day ? If you did would you question It and look for an alternative explanation ? What do you think you would have to see or experience in order to consider that something strange was at work?

Well said. Bravo!!!

"Look at the moon not at the finger that points to the moon."
Bruce Lee

Coincidences happen all the time. Call it what you will, but there really isn't anything paranormal about it.

i didn't intend to be throwing around names at you just because of the way you see these things, it probably would have been more appropiate to say that if I considered the number of meaningful coincidences that i experienced and just passed it of as "one of those things" then i would have to consider myself jaded, if this was just a matter of thinking of a person and then getting a call from him/her or thinking of a cesoria evora song and then within a matter of minutes, having that exact song come on the radio, i wouldn't think twice about it. I guess at the end of the day we have to decide for ourselves, at what point does a repetitive "meme" stop becoming a coincidence and turn into something else?

p.s. i don't even like calling it a meme, but couldn't come up with an appropiate word, but it is a repetitive idea? verb ? noun? thought ? that will show itself several times over in a various matter of forms; spoken, written, printed and repeat itself one right on top of another within a few hours or even minutes,but i guess you really can't assign a time frame to it so trying to define the phenomena is like lassoing air

coincidence-cartoon-a.jpg

Back