• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO taking off from the field

Free episodes:

truthseeker

Paranormal Maven
Somebody sent me this link. Looks like CGI to me but I wanted to see if you guys have seen it and your opinions on it. Or has this already been debunked? I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment.

It's still pretty good CGI.

"CGI", as in Cosmic Guys Inspecting? you're saying these were good cosmic guys inspecting that field?

I really like how you don't hear anything until after it takes off and the "videographer" starts running after it. Then you hear kids talking or playing and the wind noise and such. There's a clear distinction of sound which would imply that it's fake. Or Venus. But that's just my opinion.

Lazy CGI with out an of focus zoomed in shot of the EBE's and I guess it was too much work to have them climb into the craft so they fall under the ship instead. Very cute.

Lazy CGI with out an of focus zoomed in shot of the EBE's and I guess it was too much work to have them climb into the craft so they fall under the ship instead. Very cute.

Yeah, I like the part where Lanky's gesticulating, probably saying something like "WTF guys, I said the White House lawn not some godforsaken german cow pasture. These guys don't even bother to keep files on us. Speaking of cow, what's for dinner." :rolleyes:

The same video was also uploaded back in December 2013. Also have a look at this article: http://www.openminds.tv/german-ufo-video-without-focus-aliens-sparks-debate/25421
Huh. I wonder what kind of debate this could spark. Like a talkshow with Steven Greer debating the Brother cousins? With guest stars Stan Romanek and David Icke.

Last edited:
It doesn't really look like the person was going for believability. I wonder if it's a student project that someone sort of hijacked for the purposes of passing off as "real" somewhere else.

The alien dudes are animated by someone inexperienced. I'd suspect they aren't complete models, which is why we got the blurry stuff. The lighting effect at takeoff is an overlay that the creator didn't mess with very much. When the ship takes off, someone interested in polished presentation, or believability, would have created a grass patch that blended in with the existing patch, or at least a semi transparent overlay layer of some modeled grass, to get a nice ripple through the grass when the ship took off. I think, in this case, the person was more proud of their grain, blur and light burst than worried about realism.

I'm no photo/video expert but the focal depth of the landscape and the craft look different.

And the ambient lighting seems off.

And the thing just looks fake and only looks faker when it takes off.

FWIW, I think the rock on the left is fake too.

Here's a couple screen caps. As you can see, everything gets blurry when it shoots off... including the landscape. And there's a weird blurry bloom around the rock. And the tree trunks in the background are lit up, but not the leaves?

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 7.29.10 PM.png

After it takes off, everything returns to normal.Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 7.29.31 PM.png

Back