• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs and Missing Persons

Free episodes:

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
In the wake of the 2013 motion picture Dark Skies, I was left asking myself the question of whether or not there are actually any cases of missing persons associated with UFO sightings or abductions.

When I was young I'd heard an urban legend about a family that had been informed by aliens that they were to be taken from Earth to live among them and to prepare. The father went to the police who were naturally skeptical and dismissive and refused to provide any protection. The day of the abduction came and went. Teachers, employers and friends noticed that the household had become quiet. Upon investigation, the story goes that the police found everything intact in the home, but no sign of the family. Stranger still was that it was if they had suddenly abandoned their home in the middle of supper time, partially eaten plates of food left on the table, no sign of a robbery or struggle, and the car still in the driveway. A search of the grounds only produced one unusual piece of evidence, a large circular patch of burnt grass in the backyard that faced onto the wild area.

But is there more to this strange aspect of ufology than urban legends? Apparently there are a lot of people who actually do go missing every year and never turn up, either dead or alive. Just what is going on here? This thread is for discussing those missing persons cases that are connected directly with alien visitation.

QvbJ5.jpg

UH6Jh.jpg

Interesting article.
I've wondered this too. Another case that comes to mind is the Valentich affair.

That was so obvious I completely forgot about it. There have been a few other alleged aircraft disappearances in connection with UFOs. If you find any more please post them up!

Back