• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs Discussed on the Cracked Podcast

Free episodes:

UFOs were discussed on this week's episode of the Cracked podcast. I thought it was an interesting look at how the outside world views the phenomenon.
12 Insane First Contact Scenarios Alien Movies Never Show | Cracked.com
what do you think?

Not so sure what you mean by the "outside world"? The show sounded to me more like what the cynical anti-ufology skeptics think, and they're actually more in the minority than those who believe alien visitation is real. If "normal" is what most people think, then most people are actually fairly open minded about the possibility of alien visitation, or they believe it's real for very rational reasons. What is ironic is that the cynical skeptics think they're the ones who are "normal", when they're actually so far out of touch that their worldview is as distorted as the irrational believers.

Last edited:
I enjoy the Cracked podcast in general and this episode was no different. They made a lot of good points. So many people who take an interest in UFOs just accept that they're alien spacecraft, end of story, without asking questions or thinking if that's even a reasonable assumption.

I enjoy the Cracked podcast in general and this episode was no different. They made a lot of good points. So many people who take an interest in UFOs just accept that they're alien spacecraft, end of story, without asking questions or thinking if that's even a reasonable assumption.

The problem with a lot of the content on the podcast is that they seemed to believe that the questions they were asking were based on "reasonable assumptions" when in fact they seem to be more based on their own particular biases and misinformed or intentionally twisted preconceptions. Besides that, in the end it doesn't matter if the fact that alien visitation doesn't compute in their worldview. It still doesn't change the historical reality of it. If they want to remain in a state of denial about it, then I doubt there is much that will change their mind.

The problem with a lot of the content on the podcast is that they seemed to believe that the questions they were asking were based on "reasonable assumptions" when in fact they seem to be more based on their own particular biases and misinformed or intentionally twisted preconceptions. Besides that, in the end it doesn't matter if the fact that alien visitation doesn't compute in their worldview. It still doesn't change the historical reality of it. If they want to remain in a state of denial about it, then I doubt there is much that will change their mind.
A "reasonable assumption" that non-humans think, reason, and use the same logic and motivations as humans? That what makes sense to a human is a universal constant? That's being reasonable?

I agree, I think they make some interesting points. For instance, the point about cell phone cameras brings up a lot of questions. In an era where almost every single person carries a digital camera, why aren't isn't there more footage of crafts or aliens?

I agree, I think they make some interesting points. For instance, the point about cell phone cameras brings up a lot of questions. In an era where almost every single person carries a digital camera, why aren't isn't there more footage of crafts or aliens?

UFO experiences are random and unpredictable events that usually last a short period of time and the experience itself can be so overwhelming that the thought of digging for a camera is of secondary concern, and by the time anyone thinks of grabbing their camera, the experience is over. Not to mention that UFOs tend to be elusive to begin with. Also, it may be the case that buried in the hundreds of thousands of lousy fake examples, there are some genuine photos and videos of UFOs, but proving that they are genuine is another story. It's also possible that on some of the hundreds of thousands of dash-cams there is some really good UFO footage, but that the driver just didn't catch it, or upload it to YouTube.

But most importantly, the question isn't relevant. A lack of HD quality close-up video of UFOs doesn't mean alien visitation hasn't happened. Sure it's a fair question to ask why we still don't have access to definitive objective evidence, but not having access to that evidence still doesn't change the fact that aliens have been here ( and perhaps are still here ).

UFO experiences are random and unpredictable events that usually last a short period of time and the experience itself can be so overwhelming that the thought of digging for a camera is of secondary concern, and by the time anyone thinks of grabbing their camera, the experience is over. Not to mention that UFOs tend to be elusive to begin with. Also, it may be the case that buried in the hundreds of thousands of lousy fake examples, there are some genuine photos and videos of UFOs, but proving that they are genuine is another story. It's also possible that on some of the hundreds of thousands of dash-cams there is some really good UFO footage, but that the driver just didn't catch it, or upload it to YouTube.

But most importantly, the question isn't relevant. A lack of HD quality close-up video of UFOs doesn't mean alien visitation hasn't happened. Sure it's a fair question to ask why we still don't have access to definitive objective evidence, but not having access to that evidence still doesn't change the fact that aliens have been here ( and perhaps are still here ).
Interesting point, thanks for the reply.

I'll cross-post a comment I made on ATS regarding the "lack" of UFO photos:

Why are there so few good photos compared to reports? Simple. The rate of "saucer" UFO sightings varies independently from any photos taken. The relatively few genuine photos indicate that UFO encounters are brief. Floods are rare events, but they last for more than five seconds. Plane crashes are rare too, but the plane isn't going anywhere after. It's no surprise photos can be taken of the wreckage, etc.

Here's the problem with UFO photos: In order to record a UFO, you need to take notice of it. Then follows an escalation of hypotheses. It's rare that a witness thinks they encountered a craft/BOL/etc. at first glance. Considerable time is spent figuring out what the object is first. When the witness reaches a conclusion, the craft is long gone by then. Even if you were to record it, the quality is very poor.

Genuine UFOs aren't usually seen flying over urban areas where passerby are likely to have a camera on them. According to Vallée, there's an apparent pattern of avoidance (Vallée 1990, pp. 3-4). It's an elusive phenomenon. So we can't expect photos to increase over time, nor should we.

Adequate-quality photos, let alone photos, are very rare for these reasons.

Think of the UFO as a rare species of animal. It's rarely photographed, but many photos have been hoaxed. It has a limited range of distribution, and there are more reported sightings than photos. Craft UFOs appear to few witnesses also.

Now, the number of photos/videos alleged to be UFOs has definitely increased with the proliferation of cameras. Any statement to the contrary is either ignorant or a blatant lie. Look at any YouTube video. But no one disputes that plane wreckage is plane wreckage (in most cases). We don't know what "saucer" UFOs are. They could be alien, time-travelers, inter-dimensional, etc.

And no photo will convince a skeptic, so it's stupid to rely on that as evidence. We don't need photos to verify the reality of UFOs.

I agree with UFOlogy. "Skeptics" are far out of touch with reality. They're comfortable living in what they think is their hard, cold, logical world. But, fortunately, reality doesn't play by their rules.

Last edited:
Back