• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Videos I took of a star/light in the sky any suggestions welcome

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

piscator ψ

In a nutshell what happened was this, on june the 13th last year(2009) at my home in north London(uk) in the early hours maybe 3 or 4 am I looked out of my window and I noticed a very bright star/light in the sky. what was unusual was that, as on most nights the stars where not clearly visable, due to light pollution, so this star/light really stood out to the naked eye. I was very puzzled by this so got my video camera (sony DCR-SR72 HDD 25x optical zoom) to have a closer look, I do not own a tripod so i made a makeshift tower from a chair and some books to rest the camera on. When i tried to zoom in on the star/light the camera would shake, at the distance between what i was filming and the camera even a small movement is magnified so it appears as if the object is moving but to the naked eye it maintained its position (stationary). the main thing that bothered me about this star/light was the strobing/pulsing light that changed constantly and at great speed nothing like the collision lights on planes or helicopters, which I am very familiar with as i live on several flight paths. I filmed the star/light for about 6 minutes. the next night i looked for the star/light again but could not see it, but the following day the 15th it was back I filmed it again for about 13 minutes. here is a link to the videos (I posted them in their original format MPEG-2 and without editing them) so sorry for their length.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdw...r-objecty_tech and http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdw...ty-second_tech I would like some feedback on what people think it is so, please feel free to download and analyse them. I found that if I increase the brightness or gammer you can see more clearly but I still have no idea what it is. I have talked to several friends ect and have been told that they think it is either a star or the space station. Thanks han​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back