• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's the deal with Robert Emenegger & The Holloman Landing story?

Free episodes:

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Yesterday I listened to Angela Joiners recent interview with Robert Emenegger. I was surprised to learn through this interview the origin of the fabled "alien landing at Holloman AFB" account.

A question I have anyone with much more knowledge than I is, is Robert Emenegger considered a credible researcher? I remember Robert Hastings seemed to think highly of him based on one of his posts.

The whole story that Emenegger tells regarding the video of the landing at Holloman AFB seems to me that it was probably a disinfo campaign more than anything. Emenegger and some associates were making a non-UFO film to do with the military in some way, and out of the blue were offered this video of a flying saucer landing at Holloman AFB. The video never materialised but Emenegger seems to believe that despite this the landing video does indeed exist.

What are others opinion of this whole episode? The fact that the video never turned up, and that it was just offered up for no reason makes me pretty suspicious about the whole thing.

EDIT

Interview link, if anyone was interested http://media.podcastingmanager.com/64024-83474/Media/joiner072409.mp3

Yesterday I listened to Angela Joiners recent interview with Robert Emenegger. I was surprised to learn through this interview the origin of the fabled "alien landing at Holloman AFB" account.

Quick heads up, Gareth.

There is more of this story at the "Eye to the Sky" podcast/website archive. The host, Dee Andrew had someone who was apparently there on the day it happened.

Anyway, the guy is Art Campbell, and his interviews are here:

http://www.eye2thesky.net/Archives_2009.html

The interviews are the Jan 10th and Jan 17th 2009 ones ... top of the page.

Anyway, its very interesting hearing somebody who was actually there on the day.

I have met Emenegger and have been in contact with him for years. I mentioned the Holloman landing film fiasco in Project Beta. My feeling is that he is straightforward in his statements and is credible. He makes no other strange claims other than the episode with the suppressed film, and seems genuinely impressed and confused by it. A little-known fact about him is that he was buddies with H.R. Haldeman (Nixon's Chief of Staff) from college days at UCLA. Emenegger told me that when he later brought up UFOs to Haldeman, Haldeman changed the subject without commenting (at least that is how I remember it.)

A good write-up of the events surrounding Emenegger and the film project are at Grant Cameron's site.

I am inclined to think that the whole episode was part of a deception campaign to make UFO researchers and those watching them think that there was some sort of contact between the US Government and "aliens." This might confuse and even worry foreign powers as well as light a "beacon" for unfriendly agents to gather around, where the AF and others could take a look at them. Paul Shartle's claim of having seen the actual footage is interesting. Maybe it did happen as reported, but was perhaps also used to confuse and titillate UFO researchers, among other reasons.

Cameron (whom I know) is, I believe, an ETH proponent.

I am inclined to think that the whole episode was part of a deception campaign to make UFO researchers and those watching them think that there was some sort of contact between the US Government and "aliens."

The idea seems deceptive, in view of what happened to Moncla, and various clashes involving military men and even civilians e.g. Kelly KY.

This might confuse and even worry foreign powers as well as light a "beacon" for unfriendly agents to gather around, where the AF and others could take a look at them.

Also, the idea of amicable relations might have a calming effect, if any of the clashes received a lot of publicity, causing concern, even hysteria. So the contact notion may be a pure invention. But for an completely different take, see Revealed!The Greatest UFO Secrets.
http:Amazon.com: Revealed! The Greatest UFO Secrets (9781608132676): Tim Donovan: Books

The whole story that Emenegger tells regarding the video of the landing at Holloman AFB seems to me that it was probably a disinfo campaign more than anything. What are others opinion of this whole episode? The fact that the video never turned up, and that it was just offered up for no reason makes me pretty suspicious about the whole thing.

Bob's It has Begun documentary is a very good one. There actually is a small snippet of the "supposed" film in it. He said during that Joiner interview that he would have to say "no" to the question of whether it is an alien craft. It is an interesting piece of footage, the natural explanation being that's it's a conventional craft simply landing but shot at such an angle that it appears to be descending directly along the y axis. Judge for yourself.

If this really happened, why so few people coming forward with accounts? This is far bigger than Roswell' you have meetings with living beings from different worlds. look i am not sold to this case been true in anyway.

If this really happened, why so few people coming forward with accounts? This is far bigger than Roswell' you have meetings with living beings from different worlds. look i am not sold to this case been true in anyway.

Because, more likely than not, it didn't happen. But what if it did? :)

Seriously though, a little myth making and fan fiction is actually OK in my book. Nobody should be shocked that it happens, it's just that it shouldn't be embraced as fact.

Thanks for posting that vid. I always like Rod Serling's voice. He died at age 50 :eek: of a heart attack. Alas, the film is another light in the sky.

(pedantic mode) Whomever did that needs to use a spell checker (/pedantic mode)

I'm sorry, but lights in the sky, day or night, just don't impress me much. There are so many other possible explanations that they just seem worthless to me. You just can't prove it either way.

Because, more likely than not, it didn't happen. But what if it did? :)

Seriously though, a little myth making and fan fiction is actually OK in my book. Nobody should be shocked that it happens, it's just that it shouldn't be embraced as fact.

Well if it happened, it is the greatest secret in history:D

I am not sure myth making and fan fiction helps the subject, it adds to the confusion in the long run.

Yeah lights in the sky vids - for the most part - bore shit out of me too.

I think this vid and story is a cut above most. The mountains in the background certainly look like the mountains ringing Holloman AFB. There's no reason to think the footage wasn't shot there and by the USAF. It's an aircraft landing, I don't think there's any doubt there.

Another note on Bob's interview on the Joiner show. He mentioned asking someone at Holloman about the incident and the USAF guy responded, "Oh, you mean the Flying Bathtub?" Bob said yeah and the USAF guy said it did land there.

Now there was an experimental vehicle nicknamed the Flying Bathtub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_M2-F1

Back