• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why glyphs?

Free episodes:

boomerang

Paranormal Adept
A common element of close encounter cases is the observation of strange glyphs or symbols, usually on the craft itself. I can't find much written about this aspect of the phenomenon. But it seems odd that so many witnesses would independently report this. Two notables are Penniston's account of strange symbols on the craft at Rendlesham and the Lonnie Zamora sighting. There are scores of others.

Could this be somehow related to Vallee's view of ufos as a manifestation of information theory? If we stretch the imagination, could glyphs be the rough equivalent of a hexadecimal or binary software address?

So now I am waay out of my element here. But this is an aspect of ufology that has received only limited consideration.

For what it's worth:

Good question - I have also often wondered about this. If some UFOs are indeed manufactured craft, then we can probably safely assume those who made them are intelligent. To get to a stage in a culture where you can build advanced craft it is obvious language would be used by the builders of such craft. We tend to 'decorate' our flying vehicles with writing and symbols - company logos, I.D numbers, country names, manufacturers etc. I see no reason why another intelligent species cannot be doing the same. I doubt such symbols are necessary in any way but may be a nod to an earlier time in the history of the UFO builder's species?

Back