• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Yakima lights

Free episodes:

Another excellent location for a triangulated camera & hard data gathering project! In that part of the world, forget "Trout Lake," & James
Gilliland IMO the other side of the Cascades is where the real action is to be found in the Southern WA/Northern OR region. When in doubt, head to the nearest Indian Reservation...

Thanks for the link Mike. I was just in the area last week. Folklore of Sasquatch is pretty much everywhere, and strange unexplained lights as well. This also includes gift shops taking advantage of it hehe (Got my Bigfoot T-shirt as proof) The Olympic National Park area (quite large) has similar story's. I would go back there in a heart beat just to see the beauty of the area again. I highly recommend it for camping. Thanks again - I love these types of story's.

Very nice find, thanks @mike and @Burnt State.

I don't know if he's still on the forums, but @Trixterrestrial said that he was going to try and see the Yakima lights when he posted in my nocturnal lights thread. I wonder what became of that.

When in doubt, head to the nearest Indian Reservation...

Many scientists involved in this research believe that it's something in the ground (rare combinations of oppositely charged metal or minerals I guess) that are responsible for the lights seeming to show up only in certain remote areas.
Which would point to a natural phenomenon. But the intelligent behavior or interactivity sometimes reported by credible witnesses could mean that the areas might "be chosen" (by whatever intelligent agency is responsible for those reports) for their remoteness alone. I guess indian reservations would fit that description. Or maybe they just want to be around people who can actually appreciate them for what they are without wanting to analyse them.

Last edited:
A tangent: Greg Long worked on this, but seems to have vanished. Does anyone know if he's alive and well?
If so, I'd like to get in touch with him about his research on Kenneth Arnold.

Back