• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — June 30, 2024

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
June 30, 2024

www.theparacast.com

UFO Investigator and Scientist Chris Rutkowski Explores the State of UFO Research – and Even the Possibilities of Cryptoterrestrials – on The Paracast!

The Paracast is released every Sunday and available from our site, https://www.theparacast.com, your favorite podcast app, and the IRN Internet Radio Network.
All episodes from 2022, 2023 and 2024 now feature better audio and fewer ads.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR THE PARACAST+ YET? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARACAST+ SO YOU CAN SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE!
We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive bonus podcast, After The Paracast, plus a special version of The Paracast with all the ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device, and those episodes are now released 12-24 hours earlier. Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Veteran UFO researcher/scientist Chris Rutkowski returns to talk with Gene and guest cohost Curt Collins about the state of the field. Among the topics discussed: the pop culture influences from such cases as Roswell, that surprising Harvard study about the possibilities of Earth-based UFOs, such as cryptoterrestrials. That's a theory originally suggested years ago on The Paracast by the late Mac Tonnies. Chris is a science writer who has devoted much time to investigating and studying reports of UFOs, writing about case investigations, and offering his insights into the broad UFO phenomenon. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Astronomy and a Master’s degree in Science Education, specializing in Astronomy. He was always interested in offbeat things and in 1975 there was a rash of UFO sightings in Manitoba that he began investigating. So he reports that: "I went out with friends and one day I started writing up what I had heard from some of the people that had seen things. I had the article published and soon I was getting requests for more articles and more comments and to give lectures, and pretty soon I was the great UFO expert." Two of his books, published by Dundurn, "Abductions and Aliens" and "The Canadian UFO Report," were national bestsellers.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers by June 30: A return visit from UFO researcher/scientist Chris Rutkowski, where he brings up with Gene and guest cohost Curt Collins such topics as the value of UFO detectors in recording data on the phenomenon. He also talks about his friendship with the late UFO author and lecturer Stanton T. Friedman, and the myth and reality of Canadian UFO investigator Wilbert B. Smith. Curt asks Chris to name someone who might rate "sainthood" in the field. Chris is a science writer who has devoted much time to investigating and studying reports of UFOs, writing about case investigations, and offering his insights into the broad UFO phenomenon. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Astronomy and a Master’s degree in Science Education, specializing in Astronomy. He was always interested in offbeat things and in 1975 there was a rash of UFO sightings in Manitoba that he began investigating. So he reports that: "I went out with friends and one day I started writing up what I had heard from some of the people that had seen things. I had the article published and soon I was getting requests for more articles and more comments and to give lectures, and pretty soon I was the great UFO expert."

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop.

The ET and Crash Recovery Report
By Gene Steinberg

If you assume that UFOs are actually spaceships from another planet or somewhere in another dimension, it makes perfect sense to consider just how many of them are around on our little planet. It seems also possible that, being manufactured products — however advanced — they might actually crash from time to time.

And that takes us to the many years of claims that, yes, the saucers have had a few unfortunate mishaps alone the way.

To return to the “R” word, the 1947 Roswell incident is, of course, the one case that persists through all these years despite the lack of physical evidence — at least publicly disclosed physical evidence.

To be sure, I’ve grown more skeptical about Roswell of late, even though it is often considered one of the best alleged crash cases of the early UFO era. That doesn’t mean I don’t accept the reality of UFOs. Clearly there’s plenty of evidence that something strange is going on. And, for the sake of argument, I’ll accept the possibility of ET’s presence.

The more nuanced solutions, such as alternate dimensions, alternate times, and, perhaps, an advanced Earth-based civilization, are left for another time and another place.

So it may indeed be true that Roswell did represent the crash of a spaceship from another planet — or a hidden civilization on Earth. But I have to wonder about the logic of the situation if you accept such a crash at face value..

So consider what might have happened at Roswell. For whatever reason — mechanical failure, pilot error — one of ET’s flying machines crashes while exploring our planet. In effect, its presence is giving primitive Earthlings access to technology that may be hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us.

How would ET respond to such an event? Now I wouldn’t presume to understand alien logic, but I believe in common sense. Wouldn’t it be logical to want to do something to prevent us from gaining access to their technology?

After all, if they (or it) wanted us to possess elements of their technology, they could far more easily present it to us rather than depend on an unfortunate accident.

Otherwise, just how would ET react should something of this nature occur? Do they have contingency plans? Would they just allow it to happen, or arrange to have their craft self-destruct? If the self-destruct process wasn’t viable, wouldn’t there be some effort to recover the wreckage rather than have it just lie there in plain sight?

Obviously, there are no published reports that I know of, of ET apparently making the effort to recover its damaged hardware. None. It just seems as if they — or it — prefer to sit back and let bad things happen. It doesn’t seem to matter to them.

Of course, it may be possible that it wouldn’t matter to ET in the short term. If they possess technology hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us, they can depend on reverse-engineering efforts to fail. Consider handing an iPhone to George Washington for an exaggerated example.

Then again, maybe there’s yet another possibility, again assuming the legend of Roswell represents a genuine crash of an extraterrestrial craft. And that is that the wreckage was indeed recovered by ET. Maybe not at the crash site, but when the trucks were on the road, perhaps UFOs stopped the convoys, and retrieved the wreckage.

It’s a possibility that is seldom mentioned.

Obviously, the Earth’s military wouldn’t stand a chance to fight back. They’d have to let it happen. If they attempted to defend themselves, it would be sure defeat. So what would they do?

Perhaps just raise the white flag and let it happen. How could it be otherwise?

Thus, the reason there has been no evidence that we possess the wreckage of one or more crashed spaceships is that the wreckage is no longer here. It has been destroyed, or taken away. Earth is not entitled to it. Consider what happens to the Pentagon’s military hardware if it crashes in an opposing country..

But how could anyone in authority admit that they lost the wreckage of a crashed spaceship? Would they even know what really happened?

I suppose one could use the influence of those Men In Black films to suggest how ET would deal with such a situation. In those films, the agents use a device known as a neuralyzer to wipe away the memories of people without the need to know, and perhaps to substitute those memories with one or more suggested variations.

There is, therefore, no memory of such a happenstance because those memories have been manipulated. It terms of the cleanup, I’m sure an advanced civilization can get the job done with alacrity and in a way that would be seamless, free of evidence. Not even a tiny scattered fragment that was provably fashioned with highly advanced metallurgy.

You don’t have to believe me, and I’m most of you won’t. Maybe it’s just a silly excuse. The reason there is no evidence of UFO crash wreckage is because there were no crashes. There are conventional explanations for all such events. Roswell was caused by a test balloon or other test equipment. The 1948 Aztec, NM crash was clearly a myth concocted by two con men.

The rest? Well I won’t cover all or even part of the claims. Roswell was supposed to be the best of the breed, the one with the most evidence. But progress in trying to discern the truth about the event is frozen for good. The original witnesses and many of their direct descendants are no longer here to discuss the issue.

Unless there really is a disclosure of secret evidence that such an event occurred, evidence that might demonstrate that the crash involved an extraterrestrial craft of some sort, the issue has to be one and done for now.

Of course it’s possible that, some day, a group of engineers and scientists will find the Rosetta Stone to translate the basics of alien technology from a crashed spacecraft. And thus there will be amazing military advances, such as some form of star-drive.

But that’s just another UFO disclosure pipe dream that’ll probably remain a dream.

Copyright 1999-2024 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back