• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anyone researching these weird sky sounds?

Free episodes:

Oh, and this one takes tha cake:

At 7:56 they say that's in Montreal, January 2nd. That is NOT Montreal, on ANY January 2nd. No Chance, no way. I know - I changed my damn wiper blades in Montreal on January 2nd, and it was not a nice sunny day where there was green grass and leaves on the trees. You know, if you're going to fake a video, make sure the weather makes even a little bit of sense.

They should have used the alien message from Earth vs. The Flying Saucers. Here is a mash-up that features it.That or the voice of Colossus from The Forben Project would be much cooler than that noise.

So, i suppose it comes down to this: either there was a real story that has been copied numerous times or it is completely made up from the start and indeed a viral marketing campaign. but for what? the only point in a marketing something is so that people get to know it. what is the purpose of these videos?
i heard on an episode of 'mysterious universe' that the soundtrack from several of these vids had been compared, audio only. when played back to back it is obvious that not only is it the same sounds, it is actual copies of the same recording. but is that someone taking a recording from a youtube video and then making their own, without any communication with the makers of the previous videos or is it a planned worldwide campaign?
it is something that gave interest for a few moments to me but as soon as it was pointed out that the videos had the exact same recording i was then cast in stone to never, ever click on any video that has anything resembling 'sky sounds' ever again!
so what has this worldwide hoax/scam/marketing campaign actually achieved? worldwide annoyance to a not great extent?

At 7:56 they say that's in Montreal, January 2nd. That is NOT Montreal, on ANY January 2nd. No Chance, no way. I know - I changed my damn wiper blades in Montreal on January 2nd, and it was not a nice sunny day where there was green grass and leaves on the trees. You know, if you're going to fake a video, make sure the weather makes even a little bit of sense.

Ah, but after the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere flip thanks to the 2012 apocalypse, it'll look like that in January.

I endorse this post :)
I was talking with another sound guy I work with over a few beers about just this phenomenon, and we both agreed that it had to be ultra low sound down to below or around 20hz. The PA setups we both use produce 20hz but we normally roll the EQ out before then as its just low end noise.

Anyway I like this bit:

"here is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase."

Back