• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do you like Coast To Coast AM?

Free episodes:

Perhaps I'm being slightly unfair there gene but you have been a little silent recently, even your usual film analogies have been scarce of late.

Wasn't carrion nearly 5 years ago?

It varies from show to show. Remember there was also a recent episode where Chris wasn't even present. I'm not here to hog the time. I let the show and the content take us where we need to go, and it doesn't mean counting the seconds and making sure that I get in my requisite 23.5 minutes or whatever.

But as Gene alluded to above, the Paracast simply is the show for those interested in paranormal topics (mainly UFOs but not exclusively) who do not wish any old guest to appear and not have to account for themselves.

The Paracast is a good UFO show, but it is greatly lacking as an overarching paranormal show. It is basically UFOs + Rosemary Ellen Guiley and the occasional crypto guy. I would like to see a lot more shows on topics like ghosts, NDEs, the evidence for reincarnation, mediumship and anything else involving the survival of consciousness. Perhaps also some shows on remote viewing, scientific evidence for astrology, the existence or non-existence of magic(k), etc. These are just a few ideas off the top of my head that I think could make interesting shows.

Basically, I think the Paracast has its own comfort zone and prefers to stay within it, which is of course the hosts' prerogative but the same ol' thing gets stale after a while.

As for Coast, yeah, there's a lot of BS. I used to listen to it almost every day. But they still have good shows with legit guests, and it's also important to understand that there is more than one Coast to Coast AM. George Knapp's show is really an entirely different show from Noory's. And Ian Punnet's is different as well. I listen to almost every episode with Knapp or Punnet. With Noory it depends on the guest.

In any case, I have a long history with Coast to Coast AM, having started listening to the show while delivering pizzas late at night in 2003. Even though I'm not nearly as interested in the show as I used to be, I'm not yet ready to cast off an old friend just like that or throw the baby out with the bath water.

Personally, I'm really hoping Art Bell is able to get his situation figured out and get another show going. I'm ALWAYS down for some Art Bell.

Last edited:
Just happened to catch one of Art's (old?) programs preceding Snoory at the regular time here. I know Art Bell is largely taken to task for lack of critical vetting of his guests, etc. And for good reason. But I have to say, the difference in interviewing skills is striking. Art's guest was, supposedly, a scientist focusing on physics and cosmology. In contrast to Noory's pre-packaged dozen or so stock questions and responses, Art's performance reflected at least an informed layman's knowledge of the subject that was relevant to the topic at hand.

Old news and water under the bridge. But I maintain there was a kind of genuine and informed curiosity in Art lying somewhere behind all the catchy BS and avoidance of real analysis. We should know a genuine eccentric from one constructed for middle of the road marketing purposes when we hear one.

I think coast is best when it does a different view of current events.

But they do let crazy people say what ever they want.

I think coast is still good 1-2 times a week.

The Paracast is a good UFO show, but it is greatly lacking as an overarching paranormal show. It is basically UFOs + Rosemary Ellen Guiley and the occasional crypto guy. I would like to see a lot more shows on topics like ghosts, NDEs, the evidence for reincarnation, mediumship and anything else involving the survival of consciousness. Perhaps also some shows on remote viewing, scientific evidence for astrology, the existence or non-existence of magic(k), etc. These are just a few ideas off the top of my head that I think could make interesting shows.

Basically, I think the Paracast has its own comfort zone and prefers to stay within it, which is of course the hosts' prerogative but the same ol' thing gets stale after a while.

As for Coast, yeah, there's a lot of BS. I used to listen to it almost every day. But they still have good shows with legit guests, and it's also important to understand that there is more than one Coast to Coast AM. George Knapp's show is really an entirely different show from Noory's. And Ian Punnet's is different as well. I listen to almost every episode with Knapp or Punnet. With Noory it depends on the guest.

In any case, I have a long history with Coast to Coast AM, having started listening to the show while delivering pizzas late at night in 2003. Even though I'm not nearly as interested in the show as I used to be, I'm not yet ready to cast off an old friend just like that or throw the baby out with the bath water.

Personally, I'm really hoping Art Bell is able to get his situation figured out and get another show going. I'm ALWAYS down for some Art Bell.

you cannot ask probing questions on subject's about which you have little knowledge, better to know one spectrum well, and keep them 'honest', than try to be a 'jack of all suit's', imo ofcourse.

A lot of the problem of getting good shows on mediums and such is that we need the right guests, and we haven't found them yet. We do have ghosts from time to time, but finding a new slant on the subject is also difficult. We need to get past the standard haunted house fare.

We covered remote viewing, and I don't know if there is scientific evidence for astrology. :)

round table yesterday was great. I love the conversational nature of round table shows. everyone gets their bit.

i would like to see a round table with aaron kaplan, michael horn,'dr' jonathan reed and jim sparks.

hosted by Gene & George

any chance Gene ;)

I think the paracast should have on some serious bigfoot investager one that can provide evidence of bigfoot. .

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

round table yesterday was great. I love the conversational nature of round table shows. everyone gets their bit.

i would like to see a round table with aaron kaplan, michael horn,'dr' jonathan reed and jim sparks.

hosted by Gene & George

any chance Gene ;)
Not a ghost's chance in [fill in the blank]. :D

Talking cryptozoology, I enjoyed Lyle Blackburn. He seemed pretty down to earth and reasonable, even if he was talking about a lizard man. He just seemed to be trying to make sense of the whole situation.

you cannot ask probing questions on subject's about which you have little knowledge, better to know one spectrum well, and keep them 'honest', than try to be a 'jack of all suit's', imo ofcourse.

Something tells me that neither Gene nor Chris know a lot about Ouija boards but they did a show on the subject recently.

The guest is supposed to provide the information. Curiosity should be enough to come up with good questions. If not, a day or two of research should be able to get them over the tipping point.

I think when you have a show that covers a subject as broad as "the paranormal" you can't expect the guests to be experts on every possible topic. That doesn't mean those topics shouldn't be covered, though.

A lot of the problem of getting good shows on mediums and such is that we need the right guests, and we haven't found them yet. We do have ghosts from time to time, but finding a new slant on the subject is also difficult. We need to get past the standard haunted house fare.

As for mediums, there are a number of interesting people you could bring on. I could recommend a few. Didn't you have Joel Martin on the show once? If you could get him again, I'd love to hear about his experiences with George Anderson.

For reincarnation, anyone connected to the late University of Virginia researcher Ian Stevenson would be great. There have been a few people who have written books who were connected to him.

Ian Stevenson:

Ian Stevenson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could really put up a number of names on a variety of topics. Whether or not we could actually get them is the real question.

We covered remote viewing, and I don't know if there is scientific evidence for astrology. :)

I am only passingly familiar with astrology, but I've heard some interesting enough stories that I'd like to see the topic covered. And I had my full horoscope done and it was shockingly accurate.

Coast to Coast enjoys immense popularity because it tends to be sensationalistic and dumb. As others have pointed out, it can be enjoyable on a long, late night drive alone or working the graveyard shift but it’s nothing I would go out of my way to listen to. Actually, I haven’t heard it in years but I imagine it’s more or less the same same show only without the unique character of Art Bell (anyone remember when he accidentally superglued his lips together?), who I always considered a likeable goofball.

The open lines tended to be hilarious, but the usual rotation of guests/charlatans was beyond tedious. Shouldn’t Ed Dames at this moment be deep in the earth below the equator somewhere hiding from the solar flare he predicted every other month was going to wipe us all out? Is Hoagland still working out the complex mathematics of poor resolution photos of Martian rock formations? Does Whitley Strieber, former abductee, now The Man Who Has Experienced Every Manner of Paranormal Phenomenon™ still boast his own weekend spinoff show? Does anyone really give a sh*t?

yes the end of life as we know it has come and gone many times for Ed Dames.

i would like to know what happened to the guy who was going to fly a plane into the hollow earth or whatever. if anyone remembers his name?

or mel and his hole.

Back