• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hmmmm, still think that back engineering alien technology is a myth?

Free episodes:

Posey Gilbert

Paranormal Maven
Hmmmm, still think that back engineering alien technology is a myth?​
True it could be a hoax but this is what they look like when they go invisible.​
If they hoaxed this they had to have seen the real thing, as I have.​
OBTW:​
It is a generated field not a cloak.​

Well, yeah, I still think it's a myth and I think the "invisible" soldiers are done with After Effects or something. I mean, look at the way they "coupled" the footage with that report about "invisibility technology", IMHO to make the manipulated footage seem less improbable.

Well Posey I will say this: If you think we have back-engineered alien technology, it follows that we must have gotten our hands on said technology. If this is the case as far as you are concerned, when and where do you think this may have happened?
Roswell? Something more recent?
Do you think we have an actual saucer retrieved from a crash or even part of a 'gift' from ET?

My problem with the back-engineering thing is that I see no real evidence for Phillip Corso's assertions that tech from Roswell was drip-fed to industry over time. No tech he mentions seems to have had a quantum leap in knowledge overnight. I realise you believe that records for such technology might have been messed with but the problem with that is that in the main, we are talking about civilian tech companies. It is a far harder thing for a government agency to falsify records of a private company than it is to mess with military records for instance.
Certainly it would be very hard to do without the co-operation of these private firms?
The kind of records that would have to be falsified would be in so many different locations and forms that I cannot see how all of it could effectively be altered, certainly without the knowledge of the legitimate keepers of said records.

Another problem about back-engineering alien tech is that I haven't really seen any evidence for it, certainly not in the field of human-built UFOs. All ultra-modern aircraft as far as I can see, still operate on the principles of aerodynamic lift, or rotary-wing lift, or vertical jet thrust. I see no evidence of our tech being able to produce near-instant acceleration and negating of inertial fields (which would be neccessary for any pilot to be in a craft that operates like a UFO).
Where are the human-built craft that can stop on a dime, that can take 'tron' right-angled manouveres, that can reach speeds way above what the most modern jet engines can?
Making a 'UFO' is so much more than having something UFO-shaped and powering it to fly. That is already possilbe. But making such a craft seem impervious to the atmosphere around it, making it silent, having a power source capable of incredible output to propel such a craft from 0-2000mph instantly and having that power source not take up much room etc - to me these things are several ridiculously large knowledge leaps away. Of the order of going from no-flight to the Wright brothers, of the order of going from steam engines to nuclear-powered subs. That is the kind of quantum leaps in technology that will be required - and I am talking about further leaps from everything we know right now!

I don't pretend to know anywhere near everything about modern aircraft, or indeed reported UFO flight characteristics but for me to think that humans have back-engineered alien craft I would have to see evidence that humans have built craft capable of the performance reported for decades of UFOs. I wish it were true but I just don't see it.

If you have ever seen footage of a stationary UFO that suddenly accelerates away at very high speed, with no visible engines or audible sound, then for me, that is the kind of thing I would need to see a human-built craft do before I could even consider that humans may have had an advanced type of craft to try and copy.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if we got our hands on a working UFO then unlimited money would be found to try and copy the tech, no doubt about that, we would want to do such back-engineering. I personally have seen no evidence for it having happened.

Keep in mind though the setting is just after WW2, you can pass off unusual tech as being taken from the enemy.
You can also pull the national security/patriotism card for secrecy too.

There is a lot of black budget money going somewhere, which might be evidence for reverse engineering or it might not.

What we do know is that we have advanced more in the last 50 years than at any other time in our entire history, its one hell of a J curve.
If the rate of advancement is maintained the next 50 years will be very interesting

Keep in mind though the setting is just after WW2, you can pass off unusual tech as being taken from the enemy.
You can also pull the national security/patriotism card for secrecy too.

There is a lot of black budget money going somewhere, which might be evidence for reverse engineering or it might not.

What we do know is that we have advanced more in the last 50 years than at any other time in our entire history, its one hell of a J curve.
If the rate of advancement is maintained the next 50 years will be very interesting

lol interesting is an understatement.

The thing is that given unlimited money and the will to do it anything is possible and that is worth keeping in mind.

A good example is the industry I work in which has gone from tape based recording to high end digital recording of a quality level that is mind blowing in a very short space of time.
I remember back in 1994 when I could record 10 mins of mono 8 bit audio to my 286 PC and that was real cool.. now I have a Mac for my recording work with Pro Tools so need I say anymore :D

I still use PC as well.. I find both platforms useful

I remember how cool I thought my 4-Track Tascam was - now I can do more with my cellphone or iPad. The iPad still blows my mind whenever I really think about how far we've come in the last few years.

Technology is pretty cool - nothing seems to point to it coming from aliens.

Yeah i remember using 1250 bytes per inch tapes to backup the main frames took hours and 20 or more large reel to reel tapes, now i can carry more data on a memory stick in my pocket.

I remember listing to the lone ranger seriels on a big old valve radio set on the mantle piece, and today we are talking single atom transistors

Single atom transistor to improve quantum computing | Laboratory News

The changes in such a short time are amazing

lol I know I am not sure if I should feel old or not when I think about it. Hell when I was at engineering school we were shown how to tape splice!
Now the techs coming out of school would not have a clue what I was talking about.
As for sound desks I started out on analog but now I can use an I-pad to control the digital sound desk and more or less not touch it for the entire setup (not had the guts to try it for a show). Simply mind blowing really.

Ok, if we are talking about being old and technology, any brits among you may remember ZX SPECTRUM computers, that had rubber keys. Our first one had 16kB and we bought a 32kB RAM pack to bump it up!
Angelo, I had a tascam 4-track as well as a fostex 4-track. Unbelieveable how bad the sound quality was really but I didn't care - I was recording shit and bouncing tracks down - it was heaven!!
Some of us remember an internet with no GUI as well!

While its true there is no proof advances in technology, advances so rapid as to be unprecidented in human history are the result of reverse engineered technology, the fact remains these advances are real.
A simple explanation is thats the nature of the J curve, that each technological leap in turns spurs even greater leaps.
That could be the cause behind the reality we see , but there have also been reports of crashed craft from all over the world, the British isles, the Black forest in Germany, Russia the US and even Australia.
Too many credible witness have reported seeing structured craft, for me to accept the hypothesis there are not craft in our skys.

So for me the the possibility some of our advances have been the result of reverse engineering is not out of the question

Ok, if we are talking about being old and technology, any brits among you may remember ZX SPECTRUM computers, that had rubber keys. Our first one had 16kB and we bought a 32kB RAM pack to bump it up!
Angelo, I had a tascam 4-track as well as a fostex 4-track. Unbelieveable how bad the sound quality was really but I didn't care - I was recording shit and bouncing tracks down - it was heaven!!
Some of us remember an internet with no GUI as well!

Sorry if we're going of on a tangent, but I used to bounce tracks as well, and I would use my Alesis SR-16 drum machine to keep a beat. When I listen back at those tracks I'm amazed I was able to sound as good as it did with so little leeway. A few years later I discovered Garageband, and then graduated to Logic. I was doing that on a 966MHz G4 iBook, but the freedom that software opened up was amazing. It may make me sound old, but I am really jealous of what kids these days can do with an iPad.

Honestly I dont think we have "advanced" alot in the last 50 years, but we have certainly improved on existing tech I am in no doubt about that.
I feel that the period that we "advanced" the most in terms of technology was between 1750 and 1950 and at much faster rate than at present.
Here are a few reasons why I feel the way I do:

(1) There are more "slaves" than at any other period in history.
(2) We still pollute our planet for worthless objects.
(3) We still seek to dominate and steal by military force.
(4) It is my experience that even though the average person in the "west" has access to more information and knowledge than ever before they are getting less and less "clever".

I know I might come accross as being a "tree hugger" and I probably am (even though I have a fascination with war and its technology e.g Military Aircraft) not a day goes by without me being grateful for when and where I was born (England 1980s).

This might sound like I have been talking with a "space brother" but I will say that when the majority of the worlds population has little or no access to clean water, food or basic healthcare we have if anything gone backwards, the gulf between rich and poor is greater than ever and sadly I dont see it changing. Having said all that I do not support the current anti capitalist demonstrations as I feel it is a total contradiction using your power of "free speech" to bring down the very "system" that gave you a voice.(I could go on and on and on and on just ask my friends an family :) )

I listened to a radio show that had a chemist on it. He pointed out that it was the invention of fertilisers that has allowed the population of the world to get to 7 billion. Those who believe we should only grow things naturally need to realise if we did that now, we would have to decide which 2/3 of that 7 billion do not get to eat!
Just highlighting how advances in technology can come back to bite us in the ass.
Those countries that have soaring populations need to sort it out. India and China and South Asia in general - if they can afford nuclear weapons and to eradicate polio then they can stop this ridiculous population growth. Most developed countries populations are declining a little and at the very least the world needs to face the fact that there will soon be unmanageable levels of people wanting food, space and energy. I think the planet may hit back soon!

While i cant find a link, the quote i heard was more advancement in the last 50 years, than ever before previously.

this is as close i could find with a cursory search

The late 19th and 20th centuries have seen advances in technology and scientific understanding the likes of which have not been seen before in such a short amount of time in known Human history. In the last hundred and fifty years science has advanced so much that one would barely recognize the lifestyle of Humans before all these technological wonders. In fact, if the scientists and thinkers of pre-industrial society had had a glimpse of the technology available to the average early 21st century man they would probably surely think some sort of sorcery was involved and would not believe for one moment that all these technological innovations were based on concepts of the governing laws of the universe that have applied all through mankind's history. In fact, modern science looks pretty solid when one examines all of its wondrous creations and the fact that new ones keep coming out daily. For instance, it would appear that modern science has correctly solved the understanding of concepts and principles which govern how electricity flows in a circuit. After all, computers, hair dryers, TV's and other such electronic devices use this scientific understanding to function properly and in turn most people use such devices every day,

Science Fact or Fiction essays

Heres a glimpse of the next 50

THE NEXT FIFTY YEARS

Some selected quotes
The generalization we are facing is that we humans are machines--and as such, subject to the same technological manipulations we routinely apply to machines

Genetics today is pure information technology. This, precisely, is why an antifreeze gene can be copied from an arctic fish and pasted into a tomato.

Imagine that we could download the neuronal signals from any animal, creating a kind of hard-drive library of their thoughts while they were interacting with the world.

I suppose it is fantastic for us who live in the developed world, riding the wave of technological advancement.
I don't think I'd choose to be anywhere else from History til now, but in a heartbeat I would forgo the next 50 years if I could skip to the 50 after!

But.......Let's just say that we do not have a working replacement energy set-up for petrochemicals etc. That we are living off of the nuclear and renewables that we can. This continues and still we cannot come up with something as available as the oil in the ground.

How long until electricity is so rationed that things like computers are seen as a luxury, before transportation starts to decline and becomes reserved for the movement of food, fuel and medicine. The employment situation goes through a cull the like of which has never been seen.....
On and on.......We end up back pretty much where we were 150 years ago except the population is too big to support.
What then? How crazy are humans going to be when there is not enough food and warmth to go round? See how evil some of us are just to get things we want, not the things that we need?

How long before the evidence of the 20th century becomes decayed and buried enough to almost look like it never happened?

Despite this very pessimistic possible future, I have no fear that the human race will continue.
As Jeff Goldblum's character in 'Jurrasic Park' said, 'Life will find a way'.
Maybe a huge meteor impact would be the only thing realistically capable of destroying all humans by making the surface of the planet completely inhospitable. The sci-fi usuals of mutated viruses and nuclear war, I think, cannot defeat the ability of life to mutate and adapt.

I'm just not sure that were we able to get a glimpse of earth 1000 years hence, everything will be 'Star Trek' or any other semi-utopian future. By then we may well have started to regress in many ways, our unsustainable thirst for energy, considering the processes we have at our disposal now, may be impossible to satisfy in the near future, especially with the predicted population.
On the other hand, if we do manage to tap energy from an almost inexhaustible supply and use that and nano-tech along with intelligent robots and self-replicating machines, I can see a time in which we have most things done for us, which will be our undoing, because we would lose so many skills and knowledge through laziness, that if a catastrophe were to come, it may take centuries to rediscover what was known?

You've gotta love a late-night pessimistic forum rant.
I'm not actually pessimistic, though I do love to mull over the possibilites....

"While i cant find a link, the quote i heard was more advancement in the last 50 years, than ever before previously."

Here are just a few examples of "technology" invented before 1962*

Trains
Cars
Flight
Jet engines
Global comunication (1850s)**
Photography
Moving pictures (Cinema/TV)
Computers
Nuclear Weapons
Telephony
Printing Press = affordable books
Medicine e.g antibiotics
Food preservation e.g Refridgeration
Intensive Farming
Manned space Travel***

All of the above have been improved upon greatly over the last fifty years, but the "spadework" had already been done.

*the last 50 years

**source ((Electrical telegraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia))

***Yuri Gagarin 1961

Invention has been around for ever, since the first flake of flint was used to cut hide, the chinese invented gunpowder and locks, the list goes on.
But i still contend the Rate of advancement in the last 50 years is unprecidented.
In my own lifetime ive gone from bakelite phones to Iphones.
From black and white TV to watching the morning news on a mobile device.

The following quote while not about science does make a similar point, refering to the technical revolution of the 70's etc

In the last fifty years America has encountered more changes than ever before. The prosperity of our county driven by American consumerism has enabled businesses and individuals to branch out beyond the corporate, business as usual, models. Consequently, individual creativity sparked the entrepreneurial drive that facilitated the technical revolution of the 1970’s and beyond. Sure some could argue that the industrial revolution of the late 1800’s through the early 1900’s brought about dramatic changes, but in comparison to two decades of economic growth, digital advances and the globalization of economies; America not only grew up, but it boomed.
How Has American Business Changed In The Last 50 Years? - Essay - Lymegreen

Each mobile phone today has far more computing power than was available to the whole of Nasa in the 1960s. And advances proceed apace. Some claim that computers will, by 2050, achieve human capabilities. Of course, in some respects they already have. For 30 years we've been able to buy calculators that can hugely surpass us at arithmetic.

Since it became widely available about fifty years ago television has become the most popular form of entertainment in history.
And yet at the rate of advancement in the last 50 years for this device alone, from a bulky black and white beast filled with valves and no remote control function, to the modern TVs that we can carry around in our pockets

Medical science has advanced faster than ever, so has material science, agricultural science has also gone further in the last 50, than since we started to plow fields and sow crops

By the end of the twentieth century, medically speaking we were in good hands.

We’re now bigger and stronger than ever, doctors can look inside us, clean our blood, analyse our organs our bio-mechanics, our brain activity.

We can rely on antibiotics, anti-venom, antiseptic, insulin, blood transfusions, brain, heart and cosmetic surgeries and all sorts of trimming, transplanting and tinkering.

Dr Paul Willis: Our personal lives have benefited from the pill, viagra, penicillin, IVF, hormone therapy and a whole spectrum of mood altering drugs.

As we race into the new millennium the sciences of DNA, eugenics and cloning are unfolding.

Have some scientists crossed a moral boundary?

Should science be restricted by boundaries at all?

Perhaps manipulating genetics is the way to cure disease and feed the world.

Today, agriculture is going far beyond nature to produce new miracles.
Catalyst: Science Through The Ages - ABC TV Science

Material sciences in the last 50 years

Top 10 Advances In Materials Science In The Last 50 Years

Elsevier's Materials today magazine has compiled a list of the top ten most significant advances in materials science over the last 50 years. The top ten includes advances that have altered all our daily lives. Some have completely changed the research arena, and others have opened up new possibilities and capabilities.
They are:
The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors
Scanning probe microscopes
Giant magnetoresistive effect
Semiconductor lasers and light-emitting diodes
National Nanotechnology Initiative
Carbon fiber reinforced plastics
Materials for Li ion batteries
Carbon nanotubes
Soft lithography
Metamaterials
Surprisingly, top of the list is not a research discovery, but a way of organizing research priorities and planning R and D. The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) drives the incredible progress of the microelectronics industry by setting out goals for innovation and technology needs. A mixture of science, technology, and economics, it is hard to see how the ITRS could do better in driving forward advances in this area.
"I believe it is an appropriate first choice in our list," says Jonathan Wood, editor of Materials today. "Not only is electronics critical to our modern world, progress in semiconductor processing and advances in materials science have gone hand-in-hand for the last 50 years."
Materials science studies what makes up our world - the metals, semiconductors, plastics we use to make all our devices, products, and technologies. It can be how to make smaller, faster transistorsto give more powerful computers; understanding the electrical properties of polymers to produce cheap displays for cell phones; or analyzing how tissues in the body bond to medical implants.
"I want this list to be a celebration of the achievements of materials science," says Wood. "Too often, this diverse, dynamic field gets squeezed out by the big boys of chemistry and physics. Yet it is crucial to so much of today's world."

Physics and chemistry have done the same, as has astronomy, im still of the mind that the Rate of change/advancment in the last 50 years is unprecidented in its growth

This supercontinuum is one of the most exciting areas of applied physics today and the ability to create it easily will have a significant effect on technology.
This includes telecommunications, where optical systems hundreds of times more efficient than existing types will be created because signals can be transmitted and processed at many wavelengths simultaneously.
Supercontinua generated in photonic crystal fibres also help to create optical clocks which are so accurate that they lose or gain only a second every million years. Two physicists based in the US and Germany shared the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2005 for work in this area.
Light Is Shed On New Fibre's Potential To Change Technology

Note the operative words hundreds of times more efficient than existing types
Not twice or 3 times as efficient, hundreds, thats one hell of a J curve....................

While it may appear to the casual observer that technology suddenly appears, it does not. The public has little visibility into the high technology research and development laboratories of major corporations. These outfits work on things for decades in relative secrecy. By the time something becomes commercially available or deployable it has seen years of development. Usually these things do not arise from nothing but rather are the products of previous developments and research. It all builds on itself.

It seems that video editing technology has a great deal of people willing to believe all sorts of ridiculous things.

Back