• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

is this tape a hoax?

Free episodes:

If I had to guess it's a hoax, but I'm not sure whether it's been officially debunked or not. There's an interesting movie that purports to be a documentary based on this tape, it was shown on Fox in the 90's and scared the living shit out of me as a kid. You can find it on Youtube.

i recently spent a few hours looking into this one.

i'm satisfied its a fake

UFO Abduction (Film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County (TV 1998) - IMDb

Created by Dick Clark Productions,[2] and directed by Dean Alioto, the film portrays a family named the McPhersons being abducted by extra-terrestrials in Lake County, Montana.[3] It is a remake of The McPherson Tape, a home-video-style found footage/thriller film created by the same director. The fact that it is a remake of another tape led to confusion over which was the original tape and if the original was authentic. This was due to the fact that most were unaware that The McPherson Tape was in fact a work of fiction. The entire incident was filmed on a home video camera by the actor who played the McPherson's 16-year-old son. This was to appear as though it was a film of actual events.
Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dean Alioto answers questions here, everything you need to know is at the link below
3B Theater: CultTV: Tube Oddities: The True Story of Alien Abduction --Incident in Lake County!

Mike has it. It is complete fiction from beginning to end. When this originally ran on television there were credits at the end listing the characters and the actors who played them.

Yes, the title is choice! There are other versions with "Look at the eyes!" thrown in there.

I think the best scene is where they discover the ship. It looks like the ETs are hanging out in front of the ship on a smoke break or something.

Sorry - not for one picosecond did this appear real to me. For sure, a very good 'found footage' type deal but I feel when I see a real one, I'll know it.

I think the best scene is where they discover the ship. It looks like the ETs are hanging out in front of the ship on a smoke break or something.

I thought it looked like that maybe they had ran into a space deer and they stopped to inspect the craft.

Perhaps they needed to use the phone to call aaa because they were past the 5,000 light year limit coverage area of their own service.

I thought it looked like that maybe they had ran into a space deer and they stopped to inspect the craft.

Perhaps they needed to use the phone to call aaa because they were past the 5,000 light year limit coverage area of their own service.

When they first come up on the UFO I think we can hear one alien say to the other, "Do you hear banjo music?"

Yeahh the aliens looked fake for sure. This one was better then apollo 18 almost up to blar witch with the quality I was almost sure of it. There are circles that site this as real...

I am compelled to say that even though I have always thought this tape bullshit, I must award points to Stan for acting. In terms of 'found footage' and hoaxing deals, he does indeed convey to me a man who has come to expect ET visitation and is therefore trying to capture it on video by conducting a stake-out of a the rear window.
Utter bullshit but well acted bullshit, Romanek - I award you that.:eek:

Back