• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leah Haley on Alien Abduction: “It Doesn't Happen”

Free episodes:

Actually there is precident for withdrawing books because they are inaccurate

For the second time in less than a year, Bloomsbury USA has put a white girl on the cover of a book that's about a girl of color. This time, the book is "Magic Under Glass" by Jaclyn Dolamore. The romantic fantasy features Nimira, a brown-skinned protagonist -- but the cover, at right, is what was shipped to stores. It's now being withdrawn

Whoops, they did it again: Bloomsbury whitewashes and withdraws [Updated] - latimes.com

Publisher Henry Holt & Co. today announced the withdrawal of the book "The Last Train From Hiroshima:
Initially, Henry Holt was going to issue corrected versions of the book, but it took a hard look at the entire contents of the book -- and at Pellegrino. "Questions about other sources and the author’s credentials arose," the publisher wrote in today's press release. There is no evidence that one person who appears in the book actually existed

Publisher Henry Holt withdraws disputed Hiroshima book - latimes.com

The German publisher of a prize-winning book of childhood concentration camp memories has withdrawn the work from sale after doubts were raised about its authenticity.

BBC News | Europe | Publisher withdraws Holocaust book

In the matter being discussed the author has clearly recanted in regards to the authenticity of the claims made in the original manuscript.

Mike,

I think the difference here is that she thought her experience was one thing in the beginning and came to another conclusion later on. I admit to not spending a great deal of time trying to suss out exactly what all the fuss is about, but it looks like all Haley is saying is that what she had thought were aliens at one time, weren't.

If I were her, I would capitalize on this and publish another book reinterpreting the experiences written about in the first books using it as a vehicle to promote the sale of that now otherwise obsolete work. I'm just evil that way. The truth is unless her books are self-published or published on demand she may not have sold the first print run yet. Alien Abduction books are not flying off the shelves. This seems to more about insult and injury to the faith and the faithful.

I wouldn't expect Chris to withdraw his books from sale should he ever should think differently of The Trickster, unless he had suddenly undergone some sort of religious conversion that compelled him to do so. I think it is human and perfectly acceptable to change your mind about something. If she wants to sell a few books she wrote pre-enlightenment as it were, who can fault her?

To be honest, the alien abduction subculture and the crop circle subculture have the same religious undertones that are exhibited in the same ways. Compare this to the falling out of the crop circle faithful with Collin Andrews for example. Those who deviate from the path are shunned and outcast amid talk of perceived slights and insults.

Certainly the published works of Adamski are collectible not because they tell the true story of visitors from Venus, but because they are part of the history of Ufology.

Back