• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Roswell Again?

Free episodes:

TE="Trajanus, post: 223829, member: 1475"]Highly informed people continue to debate various aspects of the case at great length, using what data is available. And I'm not talking about "the slides."[/QUOTE]
Exactly.
What about Gen. Exon's statements quoted in Randle's book (s) for example.
Were they ever debunked ?

Roswell is money spinner for tourist and book writers. The case still might shed a light on undisclosed information and what happened the week prior to the so called Roswell incident? What was passed through Congress by the lawmakers?

I am starting to realise there are some big holes in my understanding of roswell, I thought that Mogul Balloons were unmanned!

The Mogul balloons were unmanned. The dummy explanation for reports of bodies is quite separate from the Mogul explanation for some of the debris reported in 1947, claiming that

The Mogul explanation for the debris was supported by the US Air Force in its 1995 report "The Roswell report : Fact versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert". That US Air Force report contains a lot of documentation relating to “Project Mogul” balloons, said by the authors of that report to be the explanation for the debris found in 1947. Often referred to as a "993 page report", the 993 pages includes the appendices, which some uncharitable souls might consider to include a lot of padding to bulk out the rather short actual report at the beginning of that massive document... I made a searchable PDF version of that report available online a while ago at:
USAF - The Roswell Report (1995)- Fact v Fiction in the New Mexico Desert - from www.dod.mil.pdf - File Shared from Box

The dummy explanation for reports of bodies was advanced by the US Air Force in its 1997 report "The Roswell report : Case Closed". The explanation in this 232 page US Air Force report of witnesses claiming to have seen alien bodies were test dummies dropped in the 1950s caused quite a furor at the time within ufology. Some enterprising ufologists sold T-shirts with slogans such as “I’m not a dummy”. I uploaded a searchable PDF version of that report to this link:
USAF - The Roswell Report (1997) - Case Closed - www.afhso.af.mil.pdf - File Shared from Box

For the sake of completeness:
(1) I also made available searchable PDF copy of the General Accounting Office report on Roswell (discussing the destruction of some government records):
General Accounting Office Roswell report.pdf - File Shared from Box

(2) Back in the 1990s Clifford Stone wrote a document detailing his criticisms of the substantive part of the first of the above Air Force reports. I've uploaded a searchable PDF copy of that document (with Clifford Stone's permission) to the link below:
Clifford Stone response to Air Force Report on Roswell.pdf - File Shared from Box

Roswell is money spinner for tourist and book writers.

Doesn't mean the latter are all phonies. Btw the skeptic Korff wrote a book too and talk about phony....

The case still might shed a light on undisclosed information and what happened the week prior to the so called Roswell incident? What was passed through Congress by the lawmakers?

Dunno about the latter but IIRC a craft was seen and perhaps photographed prior to the crash.

The Mogul balloons were unmanned. The dummy explanation for reports of bodies is quite separate from the Mogul explanation for some of the debris reported in 1947, claiming that

The Mogul explanation for the debris was supported by the US Air Force in its 1995 report "The Roswell report : Fact versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert". That US Air Force report contains a lot of documentation relating to “Project Mogul” balloons, said by the authors of that report to be the explanation for the debris found in 1947. Often referred to as a "993 page report", the 993 pages includes the appendices, which some uncharitable souls might consider to include a lot of padding to bulk out the rather short actual report at the beginning of that massive document... I made a searchable PDF version of that report available online a while ago at:
USAF - The Roswell Report (1995)- Fact v Fiction in the New Mexico Desert - from www.dod.mil.pdf - File Shared from Box

The dummy explanation for reports of bodies was advanced by the US Air Force in its 1997 report "The Roswell report : Case Closed". The explanation in this 232 page US Air Force report of witnesses claiming to have seen alien bodies were test dummies dropped in the 1950s caused quite a furor at the time within ufology. Some enterprising ufologists sold T-shirts with slogans such as “I’m not a dummy”. I uploaded a searchable PDF version of that report to this link:
USAF - The Roswell Report (1997) - Case Closed - www.afhso.af.mil.pdf - File Shared from Box

For the sake of completeness:
(1) I also made available searchable PDF copy of the General Accounting Office report on Roswell (discussing the destruction of some government records):
General Accounting Office Roswell report.pdf - File Shared from Box

(2) Back in the 1990s Clifford Stone wrote a document detailing his criticisms of the substantive part of the first of the above Air Force reports. I've uploaded a searchable PDF copy of that document (with Clifford Stone's permission) to the link below:
Clifford Stone response to Air Force Report on Roswell.pdf - File Shared from Box

Thank you very much for this, I will be reading with interest.
Best wishes.

I have to admit that I'm a Roswell junkie. That it's become folklore only makes it more interesting from a psychosocial standpoint. And it's involved enough, with enough twists and turns, that it appeals to the detective in me.

But beyond that, it's one of the few cases involving overwhelming physical evidence (including real aliens!), and it can't be dismissed as confabulation, hallucination, the product of suggestion, or outright fraud. That said, I think the extraterrestrial explanation is highly improbable. But there's still a chance, no matter how small, that it's true. And how I wish it were!

Highly informed people continue to debate various aspects of the case at great length, using what data is available. And I'm not talking about "the slides."
This is all well and good. I remain fascinated by Roswell myself and am in favor of keeping an active eye out for whatever might surface that is worthy of investigation and debate.

I guess my point is that once an event becomes established as a folkloric component of a nation's mythology, it acquires a kind of self-sustaining momentum where separating out romantic myth from valid evidence becomes less and less relevant in the larger public mind.

My take anyway.

But beyond that, it's one of the few cases involving overwhelming physical evidence (including real aliens!), and it can't be dismissed as confabulation, hallucination, the product of suggestion, or outright fraud. That said, I think the extraterrestrial explanation is highly improbable.

The ET explanation improbable in a case with "real aliens"?!

But there's still a chance, no matter how small, that it's true. And how I wish it were!

The best experts like KDR are convinced it's true.

boomerang wrote:
I remain fascinated by Roswell myself and am in favor of keeping an active eye out for whatever might surface that is worthy of investigation and debate.

Unfortunately, all we may see for the next few decades (until there's finally disclosure) are more scams. Virtually everything that lay investigators know is based on witness testimony yet the witnesses are practically gone.

Last edited:
Back