• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Saucer smear, Jim Moseley. To whom it may concern.

Free episodes:

Casey west

Paranormal Novice
Alright, so long story short James Moseley was my neighbor for about 6 months, Until his passing last November. His daughter who may or may not have been homeless up until that time moved into his apartment. She was a shit show. Moseley was not a fan of his daughter, but left her some money... She stayed until the estate was finalized.

I personally think Jim was sort of an asshole. Well not really just a little cranky in his old age perhaps. Either way after he died the daughter sort of shit all over his belongings. Sold them in a yard sale in which she just left most of out in the rain day after day until it sold or until the estate finally settled.

I understand that he is sort of a big deal in this corner of the world.

I bought his typewriter off the daughter for five bucks.

It's sort of a shame that she couldn't give a fuck about her fathers legacy. If anyone I interested in acquiring this relic feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

I can give further details.

Wow, so, in order to make a few bucks off of a dead guy's typewriter, you come to these forums, put his personal life on blast, call him an asshole and his daughter a "shit show?" Do I pretty much have that right? Yeah, you sound like a real high class piece of work yourself. I don't know you, but from this one post I can deduce that you are, in fact, a serious douchebag. Perhaps that's why Jim was an "asshole" to you? Food for thought, you turd.

Well i actually never really mentioned trying to make a profit. I just think its a shame thats what his daughter thought of him. I call it how it is. If you dont like it, go get fucked. Again someone in this community has more use for it than I do. If you dont like it, dont respond.

Interesting. How do we prove it's actually Moseley's old typewriter? Got a receipt from his daughter? Got a picture? Got a type sample? Maybe Gene could verify whether or not it's from the same machine by comparing some original pages?

Gene Steinberg, your probably the least likely person I'd give it to, right behind Maudib. Honestly I was surprised people would be such assholes about his. The typewriter is a relic. I wasn't crazy bout Jim but that doesn't make his contribution to conspiracy theory. I wasn't really intending to make a fortune off the thing, nor do I really need the money. Jim was a cool guy, cranky... But accomplished. And I just wanted to send thing off to a respectable home. I'm not sure about verifying the authenticity, but I'm sure it could be done. His filing cabinet I still in Front of my door from the yard sale.

For the record I was incredibly nice to both him and his daughter, helped his daughter if things in the house as well as lend tools to his friend who stopped by to help him out. Jim was just a particular guy who wasn't always eloquent in how he presented ideas. I'll leave that at that. And as far as the family is concerned; He wasn't my dad and I still thought it was horrible hi shit was outside to get rained on.

Jim was also a big family guy fan. That alone makes him kinda cool in my book.

Oh it not in great condition either. It was left out in the rain. I have a box of film ribbons too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 11
Wow. What a horrible scene of Jim's stuff left out in the rain. Who knows what else was lost. You're right, Casey west, to think that his typewriter is legendary.
I appreciate you informing the Paracast of these things. Please remember that Jim Moseley had dear friends around here, and introducing this topic in the
way you did, and telling Gene Steinberg to "get fucked", was impolite, this is Gene's forum. Thank you.

I can verify the authenticity if I got to use it, but I'm not in a position to offer much money for it, nor should that be the purpose for which it is sold. Besides, I can see that one or more keys are broken, so it's not as if it'll work properly, though I suppose one could clean it out and see if it can be restored. Now I know he had more than one typewriter — he kept one or two at hand just in case the one he was using wore out. Too bad they are apparently gone.

Yes there was a second typewriter, a little more modern it was another the same brand about 10-15 years newer. That one really got banged up. I think his daughters ex boyfriend whom I think was a close friend of Jim's took it. Which I was glad someone did. It was yellow and brown if I recall correctly.

I'm not tying o be an ass. I just didn't like being attacked.

I believe I own a Smith Corona nearly identical to that already, with travel case, in near mint condition. Also, I'm sorry to say that because I live in Canada, it would cost more to have it shipped here than I'd be willing to pay for it. Have you tried getting bids for it on Ebay?

Yes there was a second typewriter, a little more modern it was another the same brand about 10-15 years newer. That one really got banged up. I think his daughters ex boyfriend whom I think was a close friend of Jim's took it. Which I was glad someone did. It was yellow and brown if I recall correctly.

I'm not tying o be an ass. I just didn't like being attacked.
You came here with an attitude, which is why people responded in kind. You forget that Jim had a lot of very close friends who were really sad at his passing. In any case, I wish you luck selling the typewriter. I'd take it under the conditions I specified, since it would require repair to make it work — assuming it would work even then.

Let us get back to the mechanics for just a second. You have an electric typewriter that was left out in the rain that is for sale? Hmm, let me ruminate on that for a moment .... Nah!

Decker

I suppose if the typewriter belonged to, say, Elvis, maybe it would have some value on eBay. But Jim Moseley used typewriters as appliances, not keepsakes. When the one he used wore out, he just replaced it with another. He had no sentimental attachment to the things. He stuck with electric typewriters, because he was accustomed to them, that's all. He never got into electronic typewriters with memory cards, nor computers.

Should we next be considering whether to auction off his toaster oven, assuming one exists?

Well, was the Toaster Oven out in the rain as well ? I can't keep watch on all of Mr. Moseleys stuff all the time, it gets..wet.. out there from time to time, apparently. Now, honestly, send Gene the typewriter or kindly move your posterior elsewhere.

Well Lance, When some guy shows up in the forums from out of the blue and tells every that Moseley was an 'asshole' and if anyone doesn't like what he says, they can go 'fuck off.' People got their backs up a little bit, imagine that?

Back