• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So Are UFO Researchers Trying Too Hard to Find Life on Mars?

Free episodes:

So if your own visual confirmation is insufficient, how many more corroborative observers ( in addition to the video ) would you need before you would accept that the objects are really there?

Why don't you just cut to the chase and say what you want to say?

You are talking about UFOs correct? You are trying to ask me if I saw something strange and unidentifiable in the sky would I believe I saw it? Yes, I would think, "Look, you've seen something." "Wonder what in the hell that was?"

Why don't you just cut to the chase and say what you want to say?
You are talking about UFOs correct? You are trying to ask me if I saw something strange and unidentifiable in the sky would I believe I saw it? Yes, I would think, "Look, you've seen something." "Wonder what in the hell that was?"

I was just trying to get an idea of where exactly you stand. Perhaps I misinterpreted your previous answer as, "Yes it would not be sufficient" when you really meant the opposite. But I'm pretty sure we're on the same page now. Thanks for clarifying. Anyway, it seems we're getting off topic so maybe we could carry on on another thread. We're just now making some progress and the next issue is; what do we mean by "unidentifiable"?

UPDATE:

Below is the last correspondence sent to the ADG ( last week )

Dear ADG Group Members

It has come to our attention that some ADG member(s) have had encounters with aliens that have left them with a profound understanding of what the phenomenon is really all about. A request for a brief outline of that information has gone unanswered. No reason has been given other than the Director ( Stephen ) doesn’t do interviews. A request for information from other group members has also gone unanswered. This seems contrary to the group’s name ( Alien Disclosure Group ) and we encourage anyone in the ADG with information concerning the reality of UFOs to come forward or be kind enough to provide an explanation as to why the information is being withheld.

Cordially,

J. Randall Murphy
USI Calgary
www.ufopages.com

We're just now making some progress and the next issue is; what do we mean by "unidentifiable"?

Something is unidentifiable when I look at it and don't know what it is. I am unable to identify it as anything in my knowledge base. It is unknown. If I look up in the sky and see a "flying saucer" I would see something unidentified in any context other than the UFO pop-subculture. I could say, "I see what appears to be a flying saucer." That isn't actionable information.

It has come to our attention that some ADG member(s) have had encounters with aliens that have left them with a profound understanding of what the phenomenon is really all about.

You've misstated that or you have made two tremendous assumptions. Shouldn't that read, "It has come to our attention that some ADG member(s) claim to have had encounters with aliens that have left them with what they believe is a profound understanding of what the phenomenon is really all about."?

I just cannot stress the importance of how we frame these things in our minds enough.

You've misstated that or you have made two tremendous assumptions. Shouldn't that read, "It has come to our attention that some ADG member(s) claim to have had encounters with aliens that have left them with what they believe is a profound understanding of what the phenomenon is really all about."? I just cannot stress the importance of how we frame these things in our minds enough.

By approaching the group in a fashion that is non-judgmental, I believe that the chances are better that we will learn what they are really all about. There is nothing that can be learned from them if they are cornered into thinking that anything they say can and will be used against them. So by asking them in a non-confrontational manner, if nobody comes forward, then they really have no excuse for not answering and are leaving themselves open to accusations of taking the 5th ( so to speak ).

Back