• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Announcing The Paracast+ (or Something Like That!)

Free episodes:

When is this all going to happen.....i gladly pay $9 a month for the Mysterious universe Pod-cast they give me three shows a week hours of interesting listening. What is your Plan Gene....i have been a listener since show #1 and thought is was the best show of its kind out there but over the past few years my interest has been waning with fresher shows out there getting my attention. I subscribe to quite a few Paranormal pod-casts and the same guests make the rounds to every one of those shows every month. What will you do to win my business?

Marko

You may hear some of the same guests, but our style is very different, as you well know.

As to when: Part of this depends on the network coming through. We're pushing for the final answer now.

WHOOPIE!

That's not the cushion!

I just got a confirmation from John Haarmann, GCN's program director, that we can make available an AD-FREE version of The Paracast (and, in fact, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, but that'll come soon as we set up the infrastructure for the other show) on a subscription basis.

I'll try to start it up with this week's episode. You'll get a 128K file cut from the original master, without the ads. And, of course, it will be copyrighted so it cannot be legally redistributed.

We'll be adding extra features to The Paracast+ over the next few weeks.

What this means is that you can subscribe NOW!

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/account/upgrades

I have a suggestion even though the logistics might make it not feasible. Being that the ad free version will be shorter perhaps you can add the subscriber only content on those downloads while non subscribers would get the version with ads.

So... do we have to pay to hear the whole show? Gene a question because i don't understand how it works. Why would you need permission to put up your podcast show commercial free on i Tunes does GCN own your show, i listen to allot of podcasts that edit out the commercials for the listeners. It has to be attractive for me to pay for a podcast lots of interesting content for sure.

Marko

As indicated in lots of places, The Paracast is distributed by GCN. We post the regular version with ads on our site and iTunes. For those who don't want the ads, we offer the ad-free version via subscription. We just got approval for the premium version.

They could listen to the regular version of course.

Let me trust this decision to your discretion, OK?

So long as it doesn't get out of hand.

The iTunes feed and all the other feeds will remain the same for the free version.

When you upgrade your membership, you'll see one or more extra forums and a tab in the nav bar above for The Paracast+ for the ad-free episodes as they are posted, and we'll be adding other premium content soon as we devise ways to make things happen. It's the early stages, but we already posted last week's episode ad-free, which you can download after you join. We also have instructions for adding the individual files to an iTunes library.

Forgive my slowness, but what is happening to the show archive? I am happy to pay for premium service, but would like to know how the archive will work. You mentioned something about saving favourite episodes. It will be unfortunate if old episodes are eventually deleted because I have not had the opportunity to listen to them all. The archive is a fantastic research tool for initiates into this subject and is what drew me to the Paracast; getting rid of it will be akin to burning down a library.

Back