• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Less funny than fascinating especially because nobody was hurt. From what I understand the filming of this incident wasn't entirely providence. Apparently it's a very bad/tricky bend in Muholland and people tend to go there to film anticipating some kind of crack up (for real guys)

Well, at the very least I guess this counts as a funny anecdote . A couple of octobers back I hit the big five-oh and I wondered how long it would be until I started getting offered senior discounts. I gave myself at least five plus years because I do keep a trim figure and quite frankly have a youthful appearance( on the level of michael j. fox if he didn't have his affliction) well today march 9 2013 @ 1:34 pm at a local el pollo loco it happened. I got my very first UNSOLICITED senior discount. I noticed because the tab was less than the priced item before tax. All in all the discount came to about seventy five cents off the bill so I sort of guess it was worth the unintended slight. I didn't have the heart to ask what the age cut off was.

I'm chalking this up to being well intentioned but misguided at the same time.

I'm pleased to report that I've since patronized this same EPL twice since my initial posting and at neither time was I offfered a senior discount! !!

I'm pleased to report that I've since patronized this same EPL twice since my initial posting and at neither time was I offfered a senior discount! !!

Maybe the first time was an attempt to hit on you that backfired? :eek: Ya know, you get the discount, ask about age and get into some small talk....
3rfufv.jpg

Reminds me of some comentary on this mornings news re Cyprus

"The banks pulled the heist, while the Govt drove the getaway car........"

In the event of a financial crash please assume the crash position. Loosen your collar and tie, lean forward and place your head between your knees.... then kiss your arse goodbye............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back