• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priceless, oh how i would love a seat ringside

And me!

There is an aspect to this Westboro church's actions/ethos that I find it so glaring, I wonder how they reconcile it with themselves, namely that they basically preach a heck of a lot of hate - dunno about anyone else but I don't remember reading that Jesus hated anyone or anything.

So not only is it really wrong and arrogant, there is something fundamentally weird about putting so much effort into promoting their hate. It's the complete antithesis of the teachings of Jesus, according to the bible. Now, I don't personally think Jesus was anything other than a decent enough bloke, certainly not born of a virgin, supernatural or a son of god etc but I am simply pointing out what they are doing with respect to what they claim to follow.

Worryingly, these complete tools are not alone, this practice of hate is present in other religions and for instance, laws are being enacted in some African countries that are draconian measures against homosexuality. You have to wonder how broken inside a person is to need to externally attack others. No person who is at peace with themselves, wishes to attack others.

And me!

There is an aspect to this Westboro church's actions/ethos that I find it so glaring, I wonder how they reconcile it with themselves, namely that they basically preach a heck of a lot of hate - dunno about anyone else but I don't remember reading that Jesus hated anyone or anything.

So not only is it really wrong and arrogant, there is something fundamentally weird about putting so much effort into promoting their hate. It's the complete antithesis of the teachings of Jesus, according to the bible. Now, I don't personally think Jesus was anything other than a decent enough bloke, certainly not born of a virgin, supernatural or a son of god etc but I am simply pointing out what they are doing with respect to what they claim to follow.

Worryingly, these complete tools are not alone, this practice of hate is present in other religions and for instance, laws are being enacted in some African countries that are draconian measures against homosexuality. You have to wonder how broken inside a person is to need to externally attack others. No person who is at peace with themselves, wishes to attack others.

Having seen a few interviews with WBC members and ex-members, and reading about thier "religious" reasons for thier actions, here is what I've found:
Everything that happens is Gods will, so when a soldier dies, it's Gods will and should be celebrated as an act of God.
When someone LGBT dies, that's really Gods will, and should be celebrated vigorously.
As I understand it, they are supposedly not celebrating the death or suffering of someone, but celebrating the glory of Gods actions.

I don't buy that for one second. I think Fred Phelps is a severely repressed gay man, and his hatred of himself comes out as hatred against pretty much everyone else. And he has interpreted (more like distorted and outright butchered) a denomination of Christianity to fit his bigotry, self-loathing, self-hatred, and ignorance. And he has managed to surround himself with like-minded empty-headed bigots.
Unfortunatly, the Bible lends itself to an almost limitless amount of interpretation.

You can watch this, but you cant unwatch this.......

You were warned

Mike, you'll appreciate this then: when I was newly arrived in Texas to work, an American colleague remarked as we entered a Wallmart, 'behold the f****n clown show...'

You can watch this, but you cant unwatch this.......

You were warned

YIKES!!!

cannot-be-unseen.jpg

He knows he's being filmed and when he starts going on about 'being the future' etc, it's just a set-up. Even if the guy is in the right, he seems to have some problems of his own, one of them being believing he is rabbit from '8-mile'! lol.
I'm sure he had a valid point in that I certainly had teachers who would ask you to read such and such a section of a book instead of engaging the pupils about the subject. It just annoyed me that he must have arranged for his buddy to film him while he goes off on one to the teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back