• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paratopia

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they started charging to listen I figured it wouldn't be long. If there's one thing people associate with the internet it's the notion of "free of charge." There's so many paranormal talk shows that can be listened to for nothing that you'd better have a very big name or be offering something truly spectacular if you expect people to pay to listen to yours.

Here Here, especially to us cheap bastards , but I up on occasion downloaded the free portions of their podcasts, all in all they seemed to have a pretty decent eye and ear for who they let on their program

I see its no more. Any one ever listen to that show? Anyone ever pay to listen to that show?

I bought a couple of episodes last year. I listen to the free bits regularly. They have had some very interesting guests. One of the old timers here even appeared on the show recently. The recent Bravery Defined episode was really good as well (although I didn't purchase the whole thing) where one of their regular listeners and forum members described her growing realization that what she had thought of as paranormal experiences were probably something else entirely.

dude when your wife/girlf looks at your web history your gonna have a lot of explaining to do.
lolllllll

gonna have to start with looking for pink unicorns on google images!!!

Yes! I found sincerity, love and resonance there with many of my ideas and things! It's only 5 quarters sheesh everybody :mad:
I've looked at pay-per-listen, and found it wanting. $1.25 per episode is $5.00 per month and $60 per year. That's not a sum people will casually spend on extra entertainment and information, especially in this economic climate. I respect what they were trying to do over there, but at the end of the day, a lot of listeners will go elsewhere regardless of the quality of the offering.

We are planning on a premium service, Paracast Pro. But it won't be at the expense of a free site, free show, free downloads and a free forum. I'd bet if we went all paid we'd lose 99% of our listeners.

true.

have you thought of a having a member's only lounge? that way people would have to sign up to view the threads. would increase membership.

Speaking for myself gene, there are some aspects I wouldn't mind paying for but I do have a fairly narrow irange of interests in the paranormal field. i.e. I don't have a lot of interest in evp but loads of interest in missing time, synchronicity and deja vu, would there be any worth to you guys in offering a ala carte plan where if there was something of interest in the pay service it could be split into packages maybe upwards of $ 3.50 per section ? Or is that on the low side?

Too granular. I'd rather have a single premium service with extra content covering different topics. That way we get a wider membership, and give members a chance to expand their horizons without having to pay yet again for something else. Too many choices breeds confusion. I prefer the Apple Inc. way. Free, paid, period.

I knew Ritzman (sp?) briefly when he was still a user here. Vaeni I always saw as a publicity whore who would eat turds if he could draw an audience. But, fine .. a lot of guys like that out there. The one unforgiveable fucking thing I will NEVER forgive either of them for was what they did to Zecharia Sitchin right after his wife died.

Fuck both of em!

Decker

I knew Ritzman (sp?) briefly when he was still a user here. Vaeni I always saw as a publicity whore who would eat turds if he could draw an audience. But, fine .. a lot of guys like that out there. The one unforgiveable fucking thing I will NEVER forgive either of them for was what they did to Zecharia Sitchin right after his wife died.

Fuck both of em!

Decker

I had forgotten about that. Poor taste hardly describes that sort of thing. I never understood that or their defense of Imbrogno.

SnarlingDog.jpg
I had forgotten about that. Poor taste hardly describes that sort of thing. I never understood that or their defense of Imbrogno.

Poor taste!??!!? Yeah, you could say that ... but ... I am gonna stop here because I am very tempted to say something I might regret.

Decker

Let's just say that I'm not a fan of stunt radio, except for people who know how to handle that sort of approach, such as Howard Stern. 'Nuff said.

Fuck both of em!

Decker

And what did they do to Sitchin? I hadn't heard of this Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back