• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

They Should Tell You Climate change

Free episodes:

Funny Burnt keeps referencing climate change deniers. Not one scientist I know of denies climate change. Very few if any question the small amount of warming from CO2 either. The question is will a doubling of CO2 double the amount of warming. The answer is no. Now we are all going to die because bees are dying... What next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so what about improving the quality of life for everything currently trying to scratch out an existence on planet earth? do they deserve any consideration and can we collectively participate in burning less oil, producing less toxins, giving our children less cancer? these are things that are within our grasp and they do have measurable effects right? is that all abandoned just because a handful of folk reported faulty data and another handful believes we should just ignore it as a consequence? is it just about the thneed?

you-need-a-thneed.jpg

so what about improving the quality of life for everything currently trying to scratch out an existence on planet earth? do they deserve any consideration and can we collectively participate in burning less oil, producing less toxins, giving our children less cancer? these are things that are within our grasp and they do have measurable effects right? is that all abandoned just because a handful of folk reported faulty data and another handful believes we should just ignore it as a consequence? is it just about the thneed?

you-need-a-thneed.jpg
I am all for what you suggest. The problem with the "handful of folk" is that their deceit is dictating global policy that will cause more harm than good. Time to wake up and redirect your concerns.

In fact.. Gene and David would actually be the "deniers" because the climate has been changing for 4.7 billion years.. I doubt it is going to stop changing now. What a ridiculous thing for either of them to say or think. Why would they want to deny climate change?!

Funny Burnt keeps referencing climate change deniers. Not one scientist I know of denies climate change. Very few if any question the small amount of warming from CO2 either. The question is will a doubling of CO2 double the amount of warming. The answer is no. Now we are all going to die because bees are dying... What next?

So we have Gene Chris and David believing in a relatively new topics of cow mutilation, gaia, the trickster etc.. but NOT believing that 4.7 billion years of climate change is normal. David Gene and Chris are apparently too ignorant to know Lovelock recanted his extreme alarmist views on global warming saying "I made a mistake".
I would suggest Gene try and remove this podcast that reveals his embarrassing ignorance of the climate topic.

I really appreciate the well meaning efforts of all "alarmists" here. Please do the real world a favor and get some education on this topic. You have been conned and that is hard to swallow.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is a very effective con, and just demonstrate's perfectly how mass media work's.

how many people actually bother to fact check ?, sum's up perfectly mass propaganda, and fear politic's.

just threat after threat, global terrorism to global warming, keep paying us more and more to protect you, and swell our bureaucratic ranks, they are creating whole 'NEW' industries out of fear mongering.

it is a very effective con, and just demonstrate's perfectly how mass media work's.

how many people actually bother to fact check ?, sum's up perfectly mass propaganda, and fear politic's.

just threat after threat, global terrorism to global warming, keep paying us more and more to protect you, and swell our bureaucratic ranks, they are creating whole 'NEW' industries out of fear mongering.
Here is a list of things that a global warming of 0.006 degree C per year over 17 years ago is supposed to have caused.
warmlist
Here in Minnesota we can have a 50 degree difference between breakfast and lunch... and we seem to survive somehow.

It has to be very embarrassing to be one of the people who believe climate change is something new to this planet.. and no, it is not happening faster than in the past.
It is odd that "alarmists" believe when it is warm it is global warming or climate change, when it is cold it is simply weather.. and then you get guys like Gene regurgitating what he has been programmed to say... "...some people don't know the difference between climate and weather"... lmao. Really Gene? Do you?

Hi Burnt State;
I was listening to a pod-cast and at the end of it the person being interviewed said all the things that you have been saying about how all things are connected and will lead to our destruction through climate change. Here is what his talk was about:
The bombing of Laos was, and still is, the most protracted bombing of civilian targets in world history. So asserts Fred Branfman about the secret, automated war waged by the US executive branch from 1964 to 1973. Part Two of the Fred Branfman interview addresses US government secrecy and lies; war in Laos as a model for subsequent (and current) US force projection and military aggression; and the tragic legacy of unexploded ordnance.
Fred Branfman is a Jewish America who at the end of his being interviewed compares how what happened to the people on the Plane of Jars is similar and deferent to the Jews during the Holocaust. The Laotian people never were people to the United States government and he says this attitude has come home so that now there is no longer any problem killing us. The end result of this attitude will be continued climate change and the end of humans.
Tues 3.04.14 | Secrets, Lies, and the "Laos Model" | Against the Grain: A Program about Politics, Society and Ideas

yay.... a blizzard on my birthday. sure wish the warming part of global warming kicks in soon...

Back