• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool Stone....

LickedOrNotLicked_zpsbe799ab0.jpg

Well, at the very least I guess this counts as a funny anecdote . A couple of octobers back I hit the big five-oh and I wondered how long it would be until I started getting offered senior discounts. I gave myself at least five plus years because I do keep a trim figure and quite frankly have a youthful appearance( on the level of michael j. fox if he didn't have his affliction) well today march 9 2013 @ 1:34 pm at a local el pollo loco it happened. I got my very first UNSOLICITED senior discount. I noticed because the tab was less than the priced item before tax. All in all the discount came to about seventy five cents off the bill so I sort of guess it was worth the unintended slight. I didn't have the heart to ask what the age cut off was.

I'm chalking this up to being well intentioned but misguided at the same time.

Well, at the very least I guess this counts as a funny anecdote . A couple of octobers back I hit the big five-oh and I wondered how long it would be until I started getting offered senior discounts. I gave myself at least five plus years because I do keep a trim figure and quite frankly have a youthful appearance( on the level of michael j. fox if he didn't have his affliction) well today march 9 2013 @ 1:34 pm at a local el pollo loco it happened. I got my very first UNSOLICITED senior discount. I noticed because the tab was less than the priced item before tax. All in all the discount came to about seventy five cents off the bill so I sort of guess it was worth the unintended slight. I didn't have the heart to ask what the age cut off was.

I'm chalking this up to being well intentioned but misguided at the same time.

I turned 47 today , and noticed my eyebrows are going grey.
At this rate i'm going to be doing a Gandalf impersonation very soon

I turned 47 today , and noticed my eyebrows are going grey.
At this rate i'm going to be doing a Gandalf impersonation very soon

Well, I'm a bit younger than the two of you but here's my story:

I'm naturally very fair skinned but also have very dark hair, almost to the point that it's black. For several years, I had added red to my hair because I thought it helped bring out my hazel-green eyes, but also because I thought my natural coloring was just too dramatic and intense. Anyway, a while back I stopped coloring and decided to go back to being my more natural self. The thing is, I now have a handful of these pure white hairs coming in that I had never noticed when I was coloring regularly. I don't mean silver or gray but truly bright white. I'm now trying to convince others (and myself) that this means I'm slowly going blond.

Add into the equation that I work out of the home. I used to always wear contacts but because I don't leave the house on a daily basis - and because of the phenomenal dry and cold of a Rocky Mountain winter - I pretty much have been using my glasses everyday. Fortunately, my prescription has stayed about the same since my mid-20s and I had been using the same old glasses for more than 6 years. I was only doing regular eye exams to make certain the prescription didn't need updating and so I could keep getting contact lenses. As these glasses were starting to fall apart, I finally decided to get new glasses and contacts. This is what my strictly annoying platonic male housemate said to me when I went down for my appointment:
"I hope you don't get new contacts....
"... Because the glasses help cover up the dark circles you have under your eyes....
"... And hide the bags...
"... Plus, they make you look smarter...
"... And literate."

:eek:

Gee, what woman doesn't what to hear that she looks like the Crypt Keeper's older, illiterate sister?

(There's a reason this particular person will permanently stay in the "platonic friends" category. Grrr. I should also add, I didn't get contact lenses at this time.)

I had also prided myself on looking younger. I have friends my age who have assumed I'm quite a bit younger I am but according to my housemate, I should expect vultures to follow me wherever I go. I remind myself that he's 16 years older than I, so it's possible both his brain and eyesight are deteriorating. It's either that, or the (accursedly long) time I've spent with him has prematurely aged me. Three years ago, before I moved back to Colorado and in with my bitter half, I was still getting carded.

Did I mention, grrr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back