• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go with the cellulite scenario.....
I
6tlj.jpg

Last edited:
When you move there, please invite me over for tea. I'd really like to see the place, even if I don't care to actually live there.

But is it for real do you think? I can't imagine anyone being forthright about such things, imagined or otherwise. Am I being obtuse just now? It is a joke, right? :confused: :rolleyes:

But is it for real do you think? I can't imagine anyone being forthright about such things, imagined or otherwise. Am I being obtuse just now? It is a joke, right? :confused: :rolleyes:
I think there are two possibilities:

1. The person who lives there wants to help sell his property by giving it a certain reputation, attracting those who genuinely want to live in a haunted house - and thereby allowing it to stand out from the competition. This is no different than a hotel trying to capitalize on possible hauntings, thereby attracting a wider range of clientele. (The St. James Hotel in Cimarron, New Mexico, does this. They make a point to stress the number of killings and alleged hauntings on the property. I've stayed there and can say it does evoke a certain feeling - entirely because of its reputation. The staff seems to think the hauntings are real, though nothing unusual happened to me while I was there.)

2. The person selling the property truly feels his house is haunted and wants to warn others about the situation. It may be he wasn't warned about that potential and wants to make certain that he does warn any potential buyers. This happens, as well.

So, Lady, you think it's a legit ad. I thought it was a joke - it's really worded as a laughing-out-loud funny, I think. I can't take it seriously. I sure wouldn't go near the house if I thought there was such an 'aura' around the location. Nope. Color me yeller'. :D

So, Lady, you think it's a legit ad. I thought it was a joke - it's really worded as a laughing-out-loud funny, I think. I can't take it seriously. I sure wouldn't go near the house if I thought there was such an 'aura' around the location. Nope. Color me yeller'. :D

After a quick search, I was able to find the actual listing on Zillow:
1217 Marion St, Dunmore, PA 18509 is For Sale - Zillow

Yep, it's therefore a real advertisement for a real house that's for sale. Whether or not it's actually haunted is up for debate.

Therefore, I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging any of my Paracast peeps to buy this house. Once you're settled, you can invite me over for tea and crumpets, or maybe a few glasses of wine. Whatever floats your boat. Then we can determine if the house truly deserves such a reputation.

C'mon, there has to be someone who lives in PA and who can buy this house. Anyone?

After a quick search, I was able to find the actual listing on Zillow:
1217 Marion St, Dunmore, PA 18509 is For Sale - Zillow

Yep, it's therefore a real advertisement for a real house that's for sale. Whether or not it's actually haunted is up for debate.

Therefore, I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging any of my Paracast peeps to buy this house. Once you're settled, you can invite me over for tea and crumpets, or maybe a few glasses of wine. Whatever floats your boat. Then we can determine if the house truly deserves such a reputation.

C'mon, there has to be someone who lives in PA and who can buy this house. Anyone?

At $144,000 it's a steal if it were in LA. Location, location, location! Scranton - I dunno.

I did a google-map on it - it's definitely one house on that street that needs a total inside-out renovation, right down to the studs. Wood/cloth - anything 'soft' - absorbs and retains the astral impressions, I once heard it said. I have no idea if that's the case, of course.

I, too, would accept an invitation to some tea and crumpets. :p The party's growing!

Last edited:
Even here in the BFE Rockies, $144K would be a steal. I also explored on Google Maps, and it seems to be among the better houses on the block - though I did see some evidence that other homes were also being renovated. I suspect that area is going through some gentrification. The seller apparently bought the house for $97K in 2005. It says it has new moulding on the first floor and is freshly painted, and I thought the photos looked nice. I wish the seller hadn't taken down the virtual tour, though it did mention there's an open house scheduled for the 29th. Wish I could attend. I've never been to PA and I'd really love to see this house.

Ooopsie! Just looked at the pictures - the house has already been renovated - it looks quite nice. Though if they just painted over and placed over what was already there and didn't actually strip - 'the stuff' would still be there.

I very much do not like the exterior.

Hey, we could all pitch in a few thousand each, and make the place into a Haunted House Bed & Breakfast - I'm sure we would make a bundle from honeymooners making their way through Scranton to the Poconos.....wait - what year is this?

Even here in the BFE Rockies, $144K would be a steal. I also explored on Google Maps, and it seems to be among the better houses on the block - though I did see some evidence that other homes were also being renovated. I suspect that area is going through some gentrification. The seller apparently bought the house for $97K in 2005. It says it has new moulding on the first floor and is freshly painted, and I thought the photos looked nice. I wish the seller hadn't taken down the virtual tour, though it did mention there's an open house scheduled for the 29th. Wish I could attend. I've never been to PA and I'd really love to see this house.

'Freshly painted' - not good. I would want to see all the sheetrock removed. I'd want to see what's in between those walls and beneath the floor boards. :rolleyes:

This is a huge thread nap - probably should take it to another thread - but I recall watching a show that was talking about houses that have 'difficult histories' and how hard they are to sell. One story was of a house that had a very bad odor. It went through a couple of owners over a couple of months, in fact (if I have the story right), with the problem only getting worse. Cheesh! In the end, the sheetrock was torn down in a particular room and a very grisly discovery: a decomposing body in a plastic bag.

So, I'll start a new thread about the haunted house that's for sale. That way, we can discuss this (and other) haunted houses, while not disrupting the (ahem) integrity of this thread. :rolleyes:

So, getting us back on track, this is why I have absolutely no faith in the human race:

funny-suggestion-turtle-Google-search.jpg

The integrity of this thread has now been restored.

So, I'll start a new thread about the haunted house that's for sale. That way, we can discuss this (and other) haunted houses, while not disrupting the (ahem) integrity of this thread. :rolleyes:

So, getting us back on track, this is why I have absolutely no faith in the human race:

funny-suggestion-turtle-Google-search.jpg

The integrity of this thread has now been restored.

upload_2013-12-25_18-32-59.jpeg

BTW, my answer to that question would be"No. But it will probably kill itself afterward."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back