• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Missing People....lots of them

Free episodes:

I don't recall Paulides asserting that he wanted to advance any one thing behind the disappearances, much less something paranormal/cryptozoological. If fact I though he was careful to avoid that. (I also heard him on Don Ecker's show, and I'm not remembering perfectly what exactly he said on which as the interviews were kind of similar)

My "take-away" had more to do with the state of documentation of so many missing person instances and the nature of the response of the parks system. If true, that is pretty disturbing in itself.

Since david's appearance on dmr he had been on c2c a couple of times and been less circumspect...if that's the word I'm looking for. perhaps he MAY be showing up on dmr again in the near future but that is for don to announce. fwiw I have his appeances on c2c including his most recent a couple of weeks ago I can send it to you if you want. That one I taped off my tune in app by time i converted it to an mp3 it came out to something like 160 mb. Commercials and all. On second thought it maybe the best way is for me to post it to my dropbox account and allow for sharing.

Uh Oh...I guess I derailed my own post. I guess I can blame Randall for that. He posted the vid which reminded me of those wonderful times in the woods ;)

Muadib, I would love to hear some of your camping stories. I have a few more but I'll spare you all in the interest of keeping on the subject.It mostly involved hound dogs, stealing returnable coke bottles, burning sleeping bags and giving the state trooper a hot dog.....yeah Muadib we kind of did the same thing because everything within a 50 ft. radius was covered in ushirol oil( I may have misspelled that), basically the stuff in poison ivy and poison oak that is really bad if you happen to be allergic to it.

Chris, I almost hesitate to admit this..... ok I'll tell.... on my list of one time dumbest things ever to do this one was on it. In my case I happened to swing the fire hose around onto a white insulator at my cousins dairy farm. I was actually aiming for it. We were out in the pasture and it's much easier for us guys right? I have pulled the trigger on a shorted metal cased drill with no ground . I have accidentally been lit up on a few occasions with household 115volt current...and let me tell you none of that came even close to the way this felt. Holy Shazaaaaaam Batman!!!!!!!!!!! They should have warning signs or something.

OK, for those who are still with me on the disappearances, please disregard the above two paragraphs.

Someone asked if I had read the book. No, I really had every intention to buy both books until I seen the price. Someone else commented on the price as well. Why is it so high? I thought maybe it would be less expensive in paperback or electronically downloaded... no and no.....no matter what you do this book is a lot of clams. I would gladly pay 20 or 30 dollars for it but I'm not going to shuck out double that amount. I listened to a you tube interview with Paul and a podcast and I read deeply into the numerous comments about his book. I have also looked at more in depth commentary on his book and on this subject. In doing all of this I was able to ascertain that there were several cases which are bizarre. Paul brings out a lot of information in his books during his interviews.

Unlike many UFO related cases, there is real evidence. How do you get any more real than numerous missing persons? How do you get any more real than seeing how this is being handled by the Parks Dept?

Say you have a few people go missing, say you have been keeping poor records in the past, as is the case here with the Parks Dept. Don't you think it's about time they would consider the importance of such things? The Parks are their own law enforcement and law enforcement always has kept good records. This is how you apprehend criminals. This stinks to high heaven of something not being right in more ways than one.

It is really sad to see a person go missing,especially a child. I remember a few cases around here where I live. These people have either been robbed of their lives or have had the opportunity to live life stolen from them. Imagine the anguish these families must go through.Serial killers, Sexual predators, wild animals, runaways, mentally unstable people, evil cults seeking fresh meat, paranormal events with an evil twist maybe. Possible govt. sanction of the activity. Doing nothing or very little is a kind of sanction in my view.

That's horrible.

One fear I have is that, sometimes a given serial killer may be over-assigned a number of victims for the purpose of closing open cases. For example, in the case of Henry Lee Lucas, he confessed to hundreds of murders, but the evidence seems to indicate that he could have done only a fraction of them. He was still a serial killer, but he may have also been a convenient way to close cases. [As an aside, his accomplice Ottis Toole allegedly confessed to and gave detailed information about a murder for which another man was convicted, but this information was supposedly ignored.]

Uh Oh...I guess I derailed my own post. I guess I can blame Randall for that. He posted the vid which reminded me of those wonderful times in the woods ;)

Muadib, I would love to hear some of your camping stories. I have a few more but I'll spare you all in the interest of keeping on the subject.It mostly involved hound dogs, stealing returnable coke bottles, burning sleeping bags and giving the state trooper a hot dog.....yeah Muadib we kind of did the same thing because everything within a 50 ft. radius was covered in ushirol oil( I may have misspelled that), basically the stuff in poison ivy and poison oak that is really bad if you happen to be allergic to it.

Chris, I almost hesitate to admit this..... ok I'll tell.... on my list of one time dumbest things ever to do this one was on it. In my case I happened to swing the fire hose around onto a white insulator at my cousins dairy farm. I was actually aiming for it. We were out in the pasture and it's much easier for us guys right? I have pulled the trigger on a shorted metal cased drill with no ground . I have accidentally been lit up on a few occasions with household 115volt current...and let me tell you none of that came even close to the way this felt. Holy Shazaaaaaam Batman!!!!!!!!!!! They should have warning signs or something.

OK, for those who are still with me on the disappearances, please disregard the above two paragraphs.

Someone asked if I had read the book. No, I really had every intention to buy both books until I seen the price. Someone else commented on the price as well. Why is it so high? I thought maybe it would be less expensive in paperback or electronically downloaded... no and no.....no matter what you do this book is a lot of clams. I would gladly pay 20 or 30 dollars for it but I'm not going to shuck out double that amount. I listened to a you tube interview with Paul and a podcast and I read deeply into the numerous comments about his book. I have also looked at more in depth commentary on his book and on this subject. In doing all of this I was able to ascertain that there were several cases which are bizarre. Paul brings out a lot of information in his books during his interviews.

Unlike many UFO related cases, there is real evidence. How do you get any more real than numerous missing persons? How do you get any more real than seeing how this is being handled by the Parks Dept?

Say you have a few people go missing, say you have been keeping poor records in the past, as is the case here with the Parks Dept. Don't you think it's about time they would consider the importance of such things? The Parks are their own law enforcement and law enforcement always has kept good records. This is how you apprehend criminals. This stinks to high heaven of something not being right in more ways than one.

It is really sad to see a person go missing,especially a child. I remember a few cases around here where I live. These people have either been robbed of their lives or have had the opportunity to live life stolen from them. Imagine the anguish these families must go through.Serial killers, Sexual predators, wild animals, runaways, mentally unstable people, evil cults seeking fresh meat, paranormal events with an evil twist maybe. Possible govt. sanction of the activity. Doing nothing or very little is a kind of sanction in my view.

All right, just playing devil's advocate here, but what if it is the case that a certain number of people will inevitably die in a wilderness environment, and that state and federal parks simply lack the funding and personnel to deal with the various disappearances and fatalities? I don't know that the park systems are doing well in terms of funding. And while law enforcement would ideally always keep good records, they often face a shortage of staff, training, resources, and/or departmental commitment to record-keeping. And some of those parks are just really, really big.

I can definitely see the reason for the response of certain law enforcement agencies being them wanting to cover up their own ineptitude in dealing with some of these cases. It's still no excuse for them not trying to improve their performance and record keeping when it comes to these disappearances going forward. That being said I have read some things that are pretty critical when it comes to certain aspects of David's investigation techniques, or more specifically the lack thereof in certain cases. Also whether he says so or not, it seems to me that he is trying to put forward some type of paranormal activity as the cause of these disappearances, whether it's Bigfoot or UFO's. I find his refusal to elaborate on his opinion as to what happened in certain individual cases a bit strange, though I completely agree with him when he says that it doesn't make sense to speculate that one agency may be responsible for all of these individual disappearances. It makes far more sense to think that it may be due to many different combinations of activities. He also seems to have a problem with well accepted phenomena like people with hypothermia shedding their clothing, even though this has been documented extensively, and he seems to be implying that there is something else at work, rather than just accepting the fact that people who are in dire circumstances may act irrationally. It's definitely an interesting topic, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $300 for one of his books...

You mentioning things happening to children, well here's one that is utterly sickening. Just last week in the UK, a 14 year old girl was killed by 5 dogs at a friends house. 4 of them had to be shot on site by police as they were pretty frenzied acting like a pack (which is normal). Suggestions to the cause are that the girl was eating a meat pie and the dogs wanted it. And yes, they were one of those breeds that people are already scared of.

It's definitely an interesting topic, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $300 for one of his books...

No kidding. I also removed it from my catalog on the USI website because it isn't actually stocked and shipped by Amazon, which means who knows for sure who you're really getting it from or if you'll even get it. Here's an interesting title though:

Only $13.95

$300 !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And mr. paulides was griping about the forest service wanting the money they did ?? Well I know what my question will be the next time david appears on dmr

Konrad, I can clearly see your point there. I had some of the same thoughts in the back of my grey matter but I don't think it gives them the right to make a full dismissal of these kinds of things or not to follow them a little closer. Granted, the idea for enforcement in the parks is probably mostly for the drunk that got carried away, or the injury from climbing or hiking,maybe some littering citations. Maybe someone else can comment on the qualifications of these people. I seem to remember reading about the Park rangers and some info on how they are in relation to other cops. From what I gather they are at the top,so I guess I am saying that they should be competent at the highest level. If hundreds of people are going missing an adjustment needs to be made to the program.

Muadib, I think you are taking the right approach here. The most obvious things first. The question I ask myself though is can I honestly rule out everything unusual or l as an explainable event in all of these cases? I really want to take the view that all of this is easily attributed to something and many if not most of the cases are in fact in the explainable category. How does a kid get across three fence rows two creeks and a river and 10 miles away in less time than the best runner could run it?..oh and there were no roads to there either. This is that kind of thing that , if true, causes me to wonder what the heck is happening. It's a difficult enough subject just looking at the explainable instances,then add these strange things into the mix and it becomes even more frustrating to solve. I did see the book used for 50.00, still a lot to shuck out considering the average cost of a paperback book.I don't think buying the book will help to solve the mystery but it is full of some high strangeness.

goggs, sorry to hear about that incident I have always wondered why anyone would raise a breed known to be violent and have it close to other people. They likely tell themselves that their dog would never do that....until it does that.

That title looks like some similar info Ufology....Interesting. Decker I look forward to that show.

Anyone familiar with the people supposedly found who were gutted the same way as the cattle in the cattle mutilations ? Probably unrelated other than these were also missing people.

Starise, my understanding is that "park ranger" can cover a lot of different levels of personnel. I think that Fish And Game Commission officers in Pennsylvania need to have a fairly high level of skills and experience. But my thought is, no matter how good an individual is, his or her ability may be compromised by understaffing. If one officer has to cover a vast area, they may have limitations. Dealing with records from any federal or state agency tends to be a nightmare, too.

If the author is just trying to establish the need for record keeping in disappearances, then it certainly sounds like he has established that well. But if he is hinting at a strange cause for the deaths and disappearances, that raises a lot of questions. Does the author deal only with disappearances or also recovered bodies? If he includes the latter, my first thought is to look at causes of death. We might just learn that more people than we thought died of hyperthermia or hypothermia. If we find that deaths appear to be caused by weapons, for example, we could possibly rule out animal attacks, or at least, attacks from animals without opposable thumbs.

If bodies were recovered from locations that seem to be impossibly far away, then the types of injuries would be extremely relevant. Regarding disoriented behavior, this can be caused by hyper- or hypothermia, dehydration, very low sodium levels, panic, or simply wishful thinking (wanting the map to say something that it does not). Accounts of tracking hypothermic people in the snow sometimes include the detail that, as the footprints go on, they begin to resemble the stagger of a drunken person.

Scavenger activity is another big factor to consider as a challenge to finding a body.

Are children over-represented in the number of missing people? One factor that may be involved is that predators tend to go after the smaller, straggling members of the target prey. Predator attacks can often become intensely political, with many people being emotionally invested in the idea that wolves or coyotes would never kill a human. Attacks might also pose complications for federal and state agencies because they may be pressured to control animal populations that cannot be completely controlled.

I'm not saying there isn't something exceptional going on, but I'm just curious about the details.

When he appers on DMR nail him down on why this is haapening. Make sure he goes on record on his stand on bigfoot and ufos and the 300 buck price tag....

So why not go to Amazon and order it there?

Decker

The book has never been available from Amazon. I'm a member of Amazon Prime, so Amazon is definitely my preferred purchasing method. The cheapest new version of his book is $277, used $49.

The book has never been available from Amazon. I'm a member of Amazon Prime, so Amazon is definitely my preferred purchasing method. The cheapest new version of his book is $277, used $49.

Oops Mastastic, I was not aware of that. In that case ... that explains it.

Decker

This topic is most chilling and when children involved it adds another layer of horror! Lets hope a team is working in the background of the UN Interpol is tyring to find answer's.

Makes you wonder is it" biological experimental" , dimensional seems bit to far stretch! or is it just the usual actions of organized human trafficking criminal gangs , murders and are humans being hunted! ! like everything else on this planet this would float to the top of reasons to keep it silent encase it becomes the norm for everyone!

Back